• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cats or Dogs?

Do you like cats or dogs more?

• Cats

• Dogs

• Like both equally

• Don’t like either

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even though I like both, I tend to gravitate towards cats because they usually require lower maintenance than dogs. Also, it's annoying when dogs bark a lot. I still think that dogs tend to be more affectionate than cats and are easier to teach tricks to. And I don't like how aloof cats can be, so I like that dogs tend to be more playful and interact with humans more often.

I'd say I like them about evenly, though I've never had either as a pet and have only experienced them at family and friends' homes. They each have their good and bad aspects. A dog is good encouragement to get more exercise since you need to take them for walks, though on a personal level I think a cat would be more on my wavelength.

I’m a cat person and love cats so much but I do like dogs and seeing dog pictures 🙂. Some of the bigger dogs scare me a little though like when they jump on me when they’re excited. Even though I love cats more, I don’t think either are better as pets than the other. It all depends on your preference and what you want from a pet. I think both are wonderful in their own ways and adorable ☺️

I have both (5 cats and 2 dogs) and love them all equally, they’re all such characters and are a great part of the family. If I didn’t have any pets and was only going to get one I’d likely go for a cat as they’re often more independent and slightly easier to look after but think I’d then feel lost not having both.

I’ve never had either, but I pick dogs. I’m sorry, but I’ve always felt like dogs are more chill than cats. Cats are pretty great too, but I like dogs a little more.

I prefer dogs, my dogs.
I don't like my hands licked every time I am trying to do something and the dog is like, hey whatcha doin? lick lick lick. Only one of mine does and that is just because she is under a year old still but she is getting better at not doing it. The worst mine tend to do is try to sit on you when you are trying to do something and stare into your soul then whine a little. They are only a few pounds.
Dogs are easier to reason with for animals that live loose in your house with you impo. I feel like you can't reason as well with a cat. Visiting other people that have dogs can be kinda overwhelming if they let them jump around the whole time and lick your face, which isn't really the dog's fault.
There has only been a few cats that I have met that I actually liked, and they tended to be chunky males that were laid back and not moody and wouldn't rub on you constantly or crawl on whatever it was you were messing with. I am the moody one I guess lol. I like some space.
But, my thoughts may be different if I lived in an apartment. Though my dogs are pretty quiet for dogs, I would imagine barking can't go over well in an apartment and snipping cords just seem kinda extreme if you don't have a dog and then get a dog while in an apartment. When dogs are really young or hit senior years they are more likely to bark at a noise they heard. I just can't imagine myself having a cat though, well maybe one of those munchkin cats that can't really jump. Cats are cute but my biggest issue with cats is that I don't want one climbing on my counters all the time, or just somewhere I can't reach well if they cough a hairball. A simple little gate doesn't really keep a cat in an area like it can a dog if you need them out of your way while you do something that they can reach. Kennels can be helpful, but I don't like using one unless it is actually needed.
But I find gray cats really cute and especially the calico ones.
Cats to me just seem better in a barn. (not outside where hawks and coyotes and cars can get them, or the cats could get other animals you keep) I don't have a barn, so..

I honestly love both and have had both. When I was young, I prefer cats, but I also did live in apartments and now that I live in a house I have my two dogs. I just love them to pieces.
I love that the three-year-old puppers has the ritual of morning mama lap time. It’s the best! And when anybody gets home and I do mean anybody in my household, they are just so happy to see them. My cocker, Ellie has a docked tail, and when she gets excited to see somebody, it’s little nubby wiggle is the cutest thing ever. And then, Eevee does the whole husky talk greeting when people get home and that’s also super freaking cute.
IMG_2672.jpeg

Mama lap time.
IMG_2658.jpeg
Daddy lap time
IMG_2664.jpeg
She’s just so silly!!!

I love both equally. I used to fear and dislike cats before because I got attacked by one when I was 4yo, and they kinda scared me, but the day I found kitten under our porch, I started loving them too. I dont see much difference between dogs ans cats, both always want to play when they see me, ask for a lot of attention and destroy my stuff when I don't give them what they want haha!

I love both! I mean, I'm aspiring to be a vet so I should LOL. I own both as well :) I definitely prefer cats though. I tend to bond better with them. Plus, a spicy cat is easier to deal with than a spicy dog in my opinion in terms of vet med 😂

Dogs completely depend on how they’re trained, I’ve met some that are quite unbearable. I have better experiences with them these days but cats all the way, even with more wily ones I empathise more.

Back