• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Plushes or figurines?

Plushies or Figurines

• Plushies

Votes: 45 76.3%
  • Figurines

Votes: 14 23.7%

• Total voters
WHY NOT BOTH??????? plushies are nice because you can cuddle and hug them and they're soft, but figures are so detailed and pretty. I collect a lot of both!!! I mostly have just prize figures, but I want to start collecting scales!

this is a hard choice as i collect both. like if it's a character a figure is better but if it's an animal/animal like character then plushies are better. i'll just go with both haha

figurines, while i do love plushies i have waaaayyy too many and i have to limit myself getting more going forward. i have a lot of sentimental attachment to all the plushies i have, so i could never get rid of them even if i don't have any room left for more. on the other hand, i like the diversity you can get with figurines. when i'm no longer interested in a specific media, it's also easier to part with figurines and put the money towards a different one

Both hehe. Plushies more though. Figures are really nice (I love nendoroids especially!) but nothing beats a soft and squishy buddy to hug!

I love figurines for displays, but you can't hug them, so plushies!

this was too difficult but i went with plushies. i like that a good plushie can double as a backrest or pillow in a pinch (sorry to my plushies).

I feel that figures age more gracefully, depending on the material used. I have a Square Enix Reno figure with a rubbery jacket that is turning an interesting color.

definitely plushies ! i don’t really collect figurines so it was an easy choice for me lol

I'm somewhat into blindboxes, so would have to go with figurines as I basically collect them for my desk or bookshelf!

I'm going with figurines on this one. I have 2 puppy plushes - just 2. And they go through the laundry like everything soft does. I have some dust allergies, so I can't collect a lot of stuff that collects it's own dust, etc.

It's mostly figurines for me. I can change them out for the seasons and easily just dunk em to clean em. And there are some really nice, detailed figurines, all kinds. Pretty cheap, too.

Both, though I like figurines more. While I adored collecting plushies as a child, I find that figurines are easier to maintain and can look cool to display. I especially like the figurines that come with changeable facial expressions and weapons. Though when I'm sleeping, I much prefer having a plushie since they're more comfy.

PLUSHIES. i collect plushies. plushies are my wee little guys. hug them, pose them, can even put them on a shelf like a figuring. i'm getting a custom plushie of my comfort character. luv plushies

Plushies all the way 🥰🐶🐻🐸🐰🐼💖 I mean look at this, just LOOK at THIS

20240314_082233.jpg

lol clearly I have a problem but I do not care 🩷💚🧡💜 ever since I was a kid I was always drawn to plushies. I would head straight to the plush toy aisle at Toys R Us during Christmastime and beg my mom for all of them 😂 most of these I bought online, some I bought from within stores, and very few of them were given to me as gifts. I've had these for years. It's an assortment of all kinds of my favorite characters and animals. Got a couple of Pokémon sitting cuties, too! Because trying to actually own 'em all is just painful to any wallet (also, that weird-looking plush just beneath my rainbow of Yoshies is a stingray but it's hard to tell when it's all folded up like that lol)

And yes! That at the very top of the shelf is a real life, genuine, one-of-a-kind custom plush of my OC cat/rabbit hybrid favorite orange boy, Li'l Ears! It was a birthday gift from the incredibly lovely @Foreverfox that I will cherish until the end of time 💖💖💖

Although I like plushies as I can sleep with them, figurines are more interesting, as I would like to collect them.

I am a plushie person forever. I own an unofficial plush of the MK8 Male Villager that my older sister gave me, and I still have/love it.
I also own a figurine of the MK8 Male Villager, which I always carry around the house because he's my comfort character.
I don't have many figures than I do of plushies, unless you count Skylanders and Amiibos.

both are cool. i used to collect gogo figurines (i had a lot of them) and beanie boos, no longer in my posession though

Back