• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favourite wild animal?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
So besides the obvious cats and dogs, hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, and ALL other domesticated animals that you can legally own, what is your favourite wild animal? And have you ever seen your favourite wild animal in real life before?

If you can't think of just one, make up a list! I love orcas, seals and all wild cats. I have seen seals and orcas in person, and the only wild cats I have seen is a tiger, a lion and I believe I have seen a puma lol!

What about you? What's your favourite wild animal(s)?

Wildlife in south america is so underrated, especially the mammals............. southern viscachas would have to be my favourite i think. They are related to chinchillas so i can only imagine how rotund their personalities would be.
1703875126229.png

The same as @S.J. , Tasmanian Devils are my favorite! I just really loved them ever since I found out they exist, and I like researching them and looking at pictures of them, even though I don't live anywhere close to Tasmania Island, lol.

W8tA2xb.jpg

Just look how precious this guy is. 🥺

I would like to second what @Midoriya said! Tasmanian Devils are so cute! 🥰💞

I haven't seen a devil in the wild, but I've been fortunate enough to see them at some wildlife sanctuaries and zoos. Not my picture, but just wanted to post additional photos of cute devils. 😊

Devil-2.jpg

My favorite animals are sharks. I have been lucky enough to see a variety of different sharks in aquariums and on my honeymoon in the Bahamas. I've also touched baby sharks and bamboo sharks in touch tanks.

To name just some of the sharks I've seen up close:
- Zebra Shark
- Leopard Shark
- Hammerhead Shark
- Bonnethead Shark
- Grey Reef Shark
- Black-tip Reef Shark
- Nurse Shark
- Sand Tiger Shark
- Sandbar Shark
- Saw Shark
- Bamboo Shark

Sadly, I have never seen my two favorite types of sharks in person, though. Goblin sharks are my absolute favorite and whale sharks are close behind.
1703907266304.png
1703907206429.png
1703907329684.png
1703907398263.png

Now, I LOVE animals. Here are some, off the top of my head:

-Hippos (regular and Pygmy)
-Elephants
-Turtles and tortoises
-Penguins
-Pandas
-Monkeys! All kinds— orangutans, gorillas, chimpanzees, Francois’ Langur, etc.
-Lemurs
-Deer
-Rabbits
-Red panda
-Raccoons
-Hummingbirds
-Possums
-Owls
-Herons
-Ducks
-Beavers
-Mud hen (American Coot)
-Groundhogs
-Prairie dogs
-Pufferfish
-Walrus
-Muskox
-Iguana
-Dolphins
-Snails
-Cheetah
-Tiger
-Leopard
-Platypus
-Seal
-Sea lion
-Woodpeckers

EDIT to add:
Sloths!!!
Koalas

Last edited:
Obvious answer, but bunnies! it always cheers me up to see a cute lil bun hopping around in my yard ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡(they always like to make nests there or browse our huge plant selection).

foxes too! I don’t see them as often (I’ve seen three wild foxes in my life), but when I do it’s always a rare and special treat!(╹◡╹)

I adore and admire all animals, but deers have been my absolute favourite ever since I was a kid. I don’t even know how to begin explaining why I love them so much or how much they mean to me, but I’m forever so grateful to share a planet with those beautiful creatures! 🦌 Deer sightings aren’t super common where I am, but I was blessed enough to see a couple of them in a field semi-near my apartment years ago! My late grandmother had first seen them on her way home from work, and about a week later her, my mom and I saw them again! I sadly wasn’t able to get a pic of them, but that memory will live with me forever. I remember how beautiful the sun peeking through the trees was as it started to set, and how it made the most perfect glowing background for the deers as they grazed in the field. I haven’t been lucky enough to see any since, but I still always look for them when I drive by that field. It’s a dream to see deers in-person again one day. 🥹

My list of other favourite wild animals goes on forever, but to name some of them: foxes, moles, groundhogs, red pandas, penguins, platypi, orcas, manatees, klipspringers, otters, porcupines, hedgehogs, margays, minks, wombats, beluga whales, and so, so many others!!

I actually want to share a couple photos of klipspringers and margays as I don’t think they’re as known, but they’re such beautiful creatures!

Klipspringer 🤎
IMG_5309.jpeg

Margay 🧡
IMG_5312.jpeg

I also always enjoy seeing squirrels, rabbits, skunks, raccoons and hawks out and about! I see squirrels and hawks the most often, so seeing the other 3 is always a pleasant treat! My mom and I have seen a bunny roaming around our apartment twice this week, and we’ve been setting out carrots for them, and nuts and bird seeds for the other critters!

I absolutely love turkey vultures and see them pretty frequently thanks to living in a heavily wooded area. I've liked them since I was a kid and find them to be both fascinating and sinister, in equal measure. I actually got a photo of one when I was out running this past summer:

IMG_3617.jpeg

I got as close as I could but this is still hugely zoomed in. I also came across a flock of turkey vultures while hiking who led me to a cool skull find. Overall I just find them really cool and would love to spend some up-close time with them if I ever had the opportunity.

I love quite a few types of wild animals and will surely forget something here, but... Some of my favorites are wolves, deer, rabbits (I know they can be pets, but we had some wild ones in our yard months ago and they were adorable!!), sea turtles, many types of birds (too many to list, but a favorite songbird of mine is the chickadee, and other species that have that little plump body. They are adorable!), foxes, zebras, frogs, etc.

There are plenty of wild animal in my area (for how long?) Coyotes (not that small), bears, foxes, deer, moose, skunks, raccoons, hares etc...

I like animal in general so I'm not sure which one is my favorite but I know I like monkeys since i'm a baby. I got to hold in my arms a baby monkey when I was 2 years old and still have a vivid memory of it. I also like whales and saw one very close, it was a bit scary to be honest.

🐎As a kid horses were my favorite type of animal. I liked that they were fast, had a personality, and were strong. They represented the image of freedom to me. Then around high school I found out about the "horse girl" stereotypes and stopped liking horses out of embarrassment.

🦉Then around the early 2010s owl decor and fashion was everywhere. Out of curiosity I looked up the different types of owls and fell in love with the California Spotted Owl. Their eyes are so cute and somewhat scary at the same time.🥰 The Mexican Spotted owl is cute as well. It also helps that my mom says that I look like an owl when I'm angry. Haha.

Hummingbirds are cute as well. They sometimes show up in my mom's garden. I consider them to be good omens.

Back