• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Carnival Dust Gathering Discussion

I'm glad we're getting all the extra dust for the time being to be able to complete the minimum 200 dust for me to contribute to Celeste!

200 is a lot, and I was able to get just over a 100 last time I had a ticket. I believe I should be able to get to 200 after this ticket.

I got accepted for the first wave of events before I got a ticket for this tent, but now I've entered the second wave of events and just bought a new ticket for the magic tent, so this time I'll get some acceptance dust. Hope it's a bunch!

This is really a massive boost that we're getting! I don't see where it was announced, how do people know? I'm sure I just missed a post somewhere or something, and we're all getting the boost regardless, just I'm curious. ^o^;>

Sideshow-Magic-Symbol.png

Weekend Dust Boost

Good news everyone! I've just received word from Celeste that due to perfect planetary alignment, the Carnival Dust you collect over the weekend for approximately the next 48 hours will be boosted! Let's band together and save Lost Star Fragment 002.AN!
Looks like it was announced in the main thread yesterday! Wish I had known and I would've come in earlier this morning! (But I was busy moving, so I guess this is better for me anyway)

Once I was at a panel about playtesting a Disneyland ride (I think it was Toy Story Midway Mania, but there are a few other rides like that now), and they specifically discussed how audiences liked it more when they got a big bonus scoring session at the end. Psychologically, it makes players 'feel good" to score a high amount of points at the end, even though this is all arbitrary fake value and a contrived environment anyway. That's what this bonus dusting weekend makes me think of, and I don't disagree with the concept! This is definitely more fun and satisfying to get this boost!!

There we go, look at that!

Screen Shot 2023-10-21 at 9.56.44 PM.png

Now, that's some dust right there! Look at all that! Didn't get that during the first wave because I didn't know what was in all the tents. But I sure as heck got it now! And coins! And more tickets so I can stay here in this tent for probably the whole rest of the event!

Woo!

I didn’t realize there was a boost as well. I was sort of wondering why it seemed I got more last night but I just that it was because I wasnt limited just yet.

Well no wonder I was getting so much dust, thanks to the boost its time to donate (and keep dusting later for the star fragment!)

dust.jpg

Last edited:
I hope I can be as productive this time in terms of gathering dust as I was during Space Camp! I'll have to keep an eye on the cooldowns to make the most of it

The boost has really been helping! Kinda hope the mods are slow about approving posts so I can get dust for each of my entries!

im a few stardust away from getting 200, hopefully i finish before tbt kicks me out from the tent in a few hours 😭

I hope I can be as productive this time in terms of gathering dust as I was during Space Camp! I'll have to keep an eye on the cooldowns to make the most of it

Pretty long cooldowns this time around it seems. However, it does eliminate the urge to set an alarm to collect dust in the middle of the night. 🤣

Back