• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you still active?

Well I did exactly what I said I would NOT do and spent leaf tickets on fortune cookies...of course all the things I love are in those dang things! Luckily, there are only a few character sets I was interested in and got almost everything I wanted. I need to stop doing it though.

Well I did exactly what I said I would NOT do and spent leaf tickets on fortune cookies...of course all the things I love are in those dang things! Luckily, there are only a few character sets I was interested in and got almost everything I wanted. I need to stop doing it though.

The cookies are designed to make you want them. Nintendo knows what people will pay for, and locks it behind an RNG paywall. Be strong! :p Remember that the free (5000 bell) cookies come out more often than you think and they have much better RNG.

In most games I would say just save up leaf tickets and buy the odd cookie once in a while but... unfortunately that just leads to disappointment, and wanting to buy more. It's like a slot machine, always one more pull...

The cookies are designed to make you want them. Nintendo knows what people will pay for, and locks it behind an RNG paywall. Be strong! :p Remember that the free (5000 bell) cookies come out more often than you think and they have much better RNG.

In most games I would say just save up leaf tickets and buy the odd cookie once in a while but... unfortunately that just leads to disappointment, and wanting to buy more. It's like a slot machine, always one more pull...

Yeah, they really know how to suck you in. I don't mind supporting games I like, but when it feels too greedy on their part it is a turn off :( if the odds were better, or if you could choose I would not bat an eye. I feel like all these game do this and I get it, but I think they go about it all wrong.

Yeah, they really know how to suck you in. I don't mind supporting games I like, but when it feels too greedy on their part it is a turn off :( if the odds were better, or if you could choose I would not bat an eye. I feel like all these game do this and I get it, but I think they go about it all wrong.

I have supported the game in the past, I don't mind spending money on a game I get a lot of enjoyment out of. I think it's better when you can buy what you want and not have to roll the dice though. It's ok to spend a little here and there on craftable items and terrain for your campsite and what not. :)

Hello �� I still play the game, feel free to add me 0515 4797 539

I got back into the game last month and the game flows so much better now imo. I’m still trying to figure out how I want to decorate my campsite. But I just build amenities and level up my villagers and always help out people on my friend list.

Last edited:
Hello �� I still play the game, feel free to add me 0515 4797 539

I got back into the game last month and the game flows so much better now imo. I’m still trying to figure out how I want to decorate my campsite. But I just build amenities and level up my villagers and always help out people on my friend list.

Why is your name zombiepants? :p

I haven't been active in months, but then I got an email from Nintendo saying there's gonna be a Sanrio event starting tomorrow, so now I HAVE to start playing again (at least until the event is over).

I played Pocket Camp for like maybe a week or so before I lost interest in it. It's not really a kind of
game I would play for a longer time. Back then I tried it out because I thought why not and overall
it's not appealing to me personally.

I don't think I have missed more than one day of playing since the game was released :) I am a huge fan of the game. I can't see me stopping!

I mean, Pocket Camp is quintessentially Animal Crossing as a mobile game. I love Animal Crossing, but I hate mobile games. Little time barriers behind everything, making everything a goal to keep people playing and everything is more enjoyable with purchases. I'm not a fan of that. I understand that the mobile market can't rely on initial purchase because piracy on mobile is too easy, but having your gameplay be affected by monetization kinda sours the product. But at the same time, Pocket Camp isn't incredibly unfair. Getting leaf ticket with every new level was a good decision. As a new player, I already earned more than 600 tickets and if I wanted to save up for that one thing, I could have done that. Though you don't really understand how most of your ticket earnings are within the first week of playing, so you won't have the hindsight of saving what you have until there's something you want unless you've played the game before and know.

The game is fine, but it's mostly just busywork. You farm hearts because you need a new level so you have more goals, and then once you have enough resources you can slowly order everything you need, but of course you only get 3-6 items a day because you can't just have everything at once because there's not more to it. I just don't see how people still enjoy it at level 100, once they have their perfect outfit, their perfect camper, their perfect cabin and their perfect camping spot. Just to get more levels? But why? That's my problem with mobile games - why am I playing? It sucks you in with little goals, but there's little purpose.

I think the worst part is that Pocket Camp has the potential to be good, but if it was like a real Animal Crossing title then where would be the need for a $60 Switch title? Like the mobile game could easily just be Wild World or New Leaf, there's nothing the mobile version couldn't recreate from those two games. If they ported New Leaf with Pocket Camp graphics and gameplay, and added an appropiate price tag I think enough people would buy it. But with a lack of ingame purchases you couldn't combat mobile piracy, and you can't sell a premium game on mobile with ingame purchases like that it would result in much less purchases. My main problem with Pocket Camp is just that it's so good at being Animal Crossing, but it does nothing with it. Even with Happy Home Designer you had something to do, even if it wasn't as free as we'd hoped.

Had the chance to play the game back then but it didn't last long before I stopped playing it. Was overall
not my cup of tea, even if I had to admit that it was fun to play it at the beginning until I reach a point
where I got annoyed by basically everything in this game. Especially the amount of Leaf Tickets you
need to get certain items is just sick.

I don't plan on quitting, in fact I've been playing it a lot more than ever before. It's sort of become addictive at the moment and I will probably continue to play it when the new game releases it wont stop me.

I've been super active for over a month :D
Especially now that I know all I know & have people to play with

i got through a lot of periods where i abandon the game for months but then go back hardcore for just as long! the new sanrio stuff really got me going and i started early enough in the event for me to have the drive to go for all the goals, lol.

Back