• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Americans, what region are you from?

What region is your home state in?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
To all the American users of TBT, which of these four regions of the United States do you live in? You can check the US Census Bureau to see what region your state is in.

midwest broski, got some good ol Ohio vibes over here 😌🌽

I always found it funny that Ohio is considered part of the midwest, given how far east it is, but honestly it perfectly encapsulates that midwest vibe so I'm totally fine with it lol.

I live in The West....specifically Arizona.Did you know that Arizona looks exactly like this map from the air?

ScreenShot2022-11-18at4.53.20PM.jpg

I'm from the south, specifically Texas, and I hate where I live.

Although I was born in California, I live in Texas, so I voted “The South” (I even specified it in my location setting from Day 1). Interestingly enough, I live in Texas’s most southern region, the Piney Woods (the forest-dominant region in the east).

im from maryland so im from the mid atlantic region (ik that isn’t an option)

according to wikipedia my state is in the south but is also included in the northeast wikipedia page. i guess we’re too southern to be apart of the northeast and too northern to be considered southern (if that even makes sense)

im from maryland so im from the mid atlantic region (ik that isn’t an option)

according to wikipedia my state is in the south but is also included in the northeast wikipedia page. i guess we’re too southern to be apart of the northeast and too northern to be considered southern (if that even makes sense)
While the Census Bureau puts DC, Maryland, and Delaware in the South, I would consider them to be Northeastern. Though Southern Florida and West Texas aren’t very “Southern” culture-wise either, and they’re still from Southern US.

I have always thought of Maryland and Delaware as more Northeast, but I realize that like in the civil war Maryland largely sided with the south although they didn't secede and that may be why it's characterized as a southern state?

Nowadays it is very politically different from southern states and I'm glad to see that! I've thought of moving there, but further north into New England is more my style.

I'm from the south, which is... not what I would consider ideal for me, for a number of reasons, but hopefully we should be moving to the north-east sometime next year. I think I'll like it up there a lot better.

I'm from the south, which is... not what I would consider ideal for me, for a number of reasons, but hopefully we should be moving to the north-east sometime next year. I think I'll like it up there a lot better.
Even when it’s improving, the South is still poorer than the rest of the nation, both economically and statistically. Especially Mississippi. Even to a person who likes visiting Louisiana (but has never been to New Orleans), Mississippi is not a good place to visit. There’s also not much tourism value in the South (for those who like modern stuff), except for Texas, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and North Carolina.

I'm from the South, unfortunately.
South Carolina to be exact 😭, born here and will probably die here.

Last edited:
southeast/middle atlantic

virginia's a microcosom of the southern and northeastern cultural differences in the country at large

I'm from the South, More specifically the Southeast, more specifically Mississippi, more specifically central Mississippi.

Back