• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

In which spelling do you type in the word "Color"?

In which spelling you type in that word?

• Color

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Colour

Votes: 31 39.2%

• Total voters

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
Purple Hybrid Rose
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Silly question but I've noticed that the way we typed in "color" varies between which one of the two versions of English we grew up with. For me, it's "color" because I was so used to the US version of the English language.

What variation of the spelling on that word you usually type in?

I spell it like "colour" bc even though I'm from the US, my Canadian friends' influence has rubbed off on me 🍁 (looking at you @/Shellzilla_515 hehehe)

Australian, so "colour"
I keep thinking I've misspelt words on the forums only to look and realise that I just used a s instead of a z, or put in a u.

Colour cause I'm Canadian eh. It actually looks unfinished to not include the u.

It always made coding websites annoying cause I'd always spell it the British way but websites require the US way lol.

love how the polls are 50/50 right now, lol
I spell it as color since we grew up with US english! Though I love this question because to an extent, that's how I essentially chose my username (armory can also be spelled as armoury. skarmoury. amazing)

I used to spell it “colour” just because I preferred it, but then I just decided I really didn’t care and went with how I was taught.

i'm from the uk, have been all my life, but i spell most words the american way. it made my teachers ??? when i was in highschool, which is when this started, but i never got marked down for it. for some of them, like realize/apologize/recognize, i prefer that spelling because the z matches the pronunciation better than the s. same goes for defense/offense/license. the s matches the pronunciation better than the c in my head. for things like catalog vs. catalogue, it tends to be the letter, and for traveling vs. travelling, i tend to switch between the two. anyway! as for "color" and words like it, i spell it the american way. there's no particular reason for this one, i kind of just accidentally fell into the habit of dropping the u, and it's stuck.

When it comes to colour I always spell it as COLOUR. With other words I do sometimes flip flop between US English and British English.

Back