• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

About You: Video Games edition

Fave Game of All Time: N/A (too many favorites to pick just one)
Fave Series: Fire Emblem
Best Soundtrack: Xenoblade or Jet Set Radio Future
Fav Protagonist: Eliwood (FE7)
Fav Villain: Volo (PLA) or Consul N (XBC3)
Best Story: Pokémon Sun and Moon or Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Have not played but want to: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (don’t have a gamecube D: )
You Love, Everyone Hates: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Astroneer
Best Art Style: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Favorite Ending: Torna: The Golden Country
Favorite Boss Fight: Phosphora (KIU)
Childhood Game: Sonic Rush
Relaxing Game: Tomodachi Life
Stressful Game: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations or Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Game you always come back to: Fire Emblem Fates
Guilty Pleasure: Petz Vet (this one not the other one)
Tons of hours played: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (475 hours)

Last edited:
Fave Game of All Time: I don’t think about this often, but I think I’d pick ACNL
Fave Series: Animal Crossing
Best Soundtrack: N/A
Fav Protagonist: N/A
Fav Villain: Magolor
Best Story: Either Kirby Return to Dream Land or Pokémon BW
Have not played but want to: South Park: The Stick of Truth or New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Everyone says NSMBW is amazing but I never had a Wii. Scratch that, basically any Wii game could go here
You Love, Everyone Hates: New Super Mario Bros. 2. It’s not hated, but I know people think this is where the NSMB series gets bad. Sure it’s an easy game, but it was my first game ever so I kind of have some bias
You Hate, Everyone Loves: I know everyone’s going to want to kill me for this, but Genshin Impact. I don’t know if this game is loved or hated, but I know I hate it
Best Art Style: Yoshi’s Island or Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. I like Yoshi’s Island’s crayon style and I like Rainbow Curse’s clay style, it just looks really clean
Favorite Ending: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Favorite Boss Fight: I don’t normally think about this, so I don’t know, but it’s probably from a Mario and Luigi game or a Paper Mario game
Childhood Game: Super Mario 3D Land
Relaxing Game: ACNL
Stressful Game: SMB and SMB3. These games are just really annoying
Game you always come back to: N/A
Guilty Pleasure: While not a game I love, Paper Mario Sticker Star is a game I think is pretty decent, but it’s probably only because I watched ZackScottGames play it when I didn’t have much of a sense of a “bad game”
Tons of hours played: Last time I checked New Leaf was my most played 3DS game at like 700 hours, and that was like May, so I expect it to be much higher now. My most played Switch game is Minecraft at 585 hours
Time to update this:

Fave Game of All Time: I have no idea yet, but knowing myself, I think that when I decide, it’s going to be a Mario game
Fave Series: Mario
Best Soundtrack: I’ll just go with Super Mario Galaxy
Fav Protagonist: I still don’t know for this one
Fav Villain: Magolor, so this hasn’t changed
Best Story: I think I’ll say one of the Mother games for this
Have not played but want to:
This hasn’t changed, but I also want to play at least one Final Fantasy game or Metal Gear Solid game, and also a Dark Souls game to know if it’s really as hard as everyone says
You Love, Everyone Hates: Hasn’t changed either
You Hate, Everyone Loves: I don’t really like Call of Duty. I’m fine with other realistic shooters like Fallout, but I just don’t really like the COD games
Best Art Style: Unchanged
Favorite Ending: There’s a lot of good endings. I don’t know. But the best credits theme is definitely Super Mario 64, no contest. Earthbound is the only competitor here
Favorite Boss Fight: The final boss of Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story
Childhood Game: Same as before
Relaxing Game: Same as before
Stressful Game: Super Mario Bros. 3 is fun, but stress inducing. So is Sonic 1 and 2
Game you always come back to: N/A
Guilty Pleasure: While not a game I love, Paper Mario Sticker Star is a game I think is pretty decent, but it’s probably only because I watched ZackScottGames play it when I didn’t have much of a sense of a “bad game.” So, the answer is the same
Tons of hours played: Last time I checked New Leaf was my most played 3DS game at like 700 hours, and that was like May, so I expect it to be much higher now. My most played Switch game is Minecraft at 585 hours. My New Leaf count is definitely way higher, but regardless, it would be it

Last edited:
Fave Game of All Time: wow this is a tough one i have a few games fighting for the top spot but i would put final fantasy vii remake here for now....... it's a tough choice for sure. i think if u asked me this question next time my answer would change again lol.
Fave Series: it has to be between fire emblem, persona, and final fantasy..... once again tough choice. today i'll pick final fantasy for best series but man persona is also such a strong contender it's hard to choose.
Best Soundtrack: persona 5 because when u hear a persona song, u just know it's a persona song u know what i mean? all the persona games have it's stylized soundtrack but 5 is the best imo. also honorable mentions to nier automata, various pokemon series, and of course the final fantasy series as well
Fav Protagonist: cloud from final fantasy vii. i think he's such a multifaceted character and his growth is great to see
Fav Villain: personally never thought about a favorite villain but if i had to choose one i would say sephiroth cause i mean. it's sephiroth. plus he's hot.
Best Story: persona 3 which initially i felt was inferior to persona 5 but i think towards the end, i really understood what the game truly was about and i think it's peak emotional storytelling as it's a story that is deeply personal for me.
Have not played but want to: resident evil 2. i picked this up during a steam sale a while back and haven't gotten the chance to finish it yet. i also want to play like a dragon: infinite wealth.
You Love, Everyone Hates: maybe cyberpunk? i know cyberpunk doesn't have a great reputation since they did release what was an unfinished product and the game itself did not deliver some of the grander things it promised, but i still do think it's a great game. it's really fun. the story is great and the combat is exciting. graphics are also top notch.
You Hate, Everyone Loves: ori and the blind forest and the sequel i guess this is on me for not liking platformers in general but also i didn't find the story all that special either. it's okay
Best Art Style: very hard to pick as i enjoy a lot of different artstyles.
Favorite Ending: this is a hard one as well. persona 3 and nier automata's true ending all got me sobbing like a baby i'm personally still emotionally damaged
Favorite Boss Fight: i don't really have one imo. can't really even think of anything on top of my head at all either.
Childhood Game: pokemon gold. i adored this game and remembered just play the heck out of it when i was young
Relaxing Game: sims 4. it's a playground kind of game. u can do anything u want!
Stressful Game: any resident evil games. i'm terrible at shooting and even worst when there are zombies in my face
Game you always come back to: stardew valley, sims 4, grand theft auto, cities skylines/simcity
Guilty Pleasure: maplestory. a game this is objectively trash but i have fond memories of so i tend to find myself coming back every few years to see how much of a hot steaming pile of garbage it has evolved into. it still is a fun game but the problems it has just makes it a game i can't play regularly.
Tons of hours played: probably animal crossing and stardew valley

Fave Game of All Time: I’m indecisive.
Fave Series: Pokemon
Best Soundtrack: PaRappa The Rapper
Fav Protagonist: PaRappa Rappa
Fav Villain: I’m indecisive.
Best Story: Maybe Kirby and the Forgotten Land, even though I only have the demo.
Have not played but want to: Manitas Kitchen
You Love, Everyone Hates: Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Friday Night Funkin'. Contrary to what you may think, I don't hate this game. I just feel that it doesn't have the charm that its inspiration, PaRappa the Rapper, has.
Best Art Style: PaRappa the Rapper
Favorite Ending: Pokemon Scarlet and Violet + The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero
Favorite Boss Fight: Kieran in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 2: The Indigo Disk
Childhood Game: Pokemon Ultra Sun
Relaxing Game: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Stressful Game: Any free-to-play mobile game
Game you always come back to: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Guilty Pleasure: Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Tons of hours played: Just clocked in at 500+ hours in ACNH

ACE92691-6FBE-4059-9E9F-9C483B02D56C.jpeg

Fave Game of All Time: New Leaf
Fave Series: Kirby! The titles are consistently great, unlike a lot of other series (*cough cough* pokemon). Great music and level design, cute characters, dynamic stories and boss fights AND bonus modes- what more could you want?
Best Soundtrack: Donkey Kong Country 2 and Chrono Trigger are tied.
Fav Protagonist: Professor Layton
Fav Villain: Lusamine (Pokemon S/M). She's very unhinged and emotionally abusive but there's something fascinating about her. I like Colress more, but he's basically a chaotic neutral character who doesn't exactly have evil motives for doing evil things.
Best Story: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Have not played but want to: Final Fantasy 6, Celeste, Golden Sun, Cave Story, Katamari Damacy- the list goes on! I'm looking forward to playing Katamari for the first time the most, though.
You Love, Everyone Hates: Tri-Force Heroes! The hardest part is the matchmaking / finding enough to play with, but once you get that out of the way it's pretty fun. Trying to communicate with the emotes usually leads to some kind of chaos lol, but that's part of why I like it!
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Pokemon TCG Live. I've heard a lot of praise for the card crafting system and I'll have to admit, it's a big improvement! But pretty much everything else was a downgrade and very disappointing all around, at least to me. I miss tournaments, trading and cool card textures!
Best Art Style: Omori
Favorite Ending: Celeste and Doki Doki Literature Club's endings are both great.
Favorite Boss Fight: All 3 phases of True Arena Sectonia (Kirby Triple Deluxe). The music, backgrounds and overall atmosphere were awesome! And not only is it difficult, it's also very exciting and high stakes- if you loose you'd need to complete the boss rush all over again. It was pretty bittersweet when I did finally beat her considering the pause screen descriptions.
Childhood Game: Donkey Kong Country (the GBA version)
Relaxing Game: Flower Garden by Snappy Touch
Stressful Game: Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) because of the struggle that is the imprecise motion controlls and temple stages.
Game you always come back to: Pokemon Omega Ruby, as I feel that it has the best multiplayer features and UI of all the mainline Pokemon games. Filling the gen 6 National Dex is a big job too, I still haven't finished it! I also love exploring other people's secret bases, it just never gets old.
Guilty Pleasure: I was a big fan of some of the earlier Just Dance games for the Wii! Unfortunately the newer ones on the switch have this awful subscription system and the songs aren't my cup of tea anyway, so I haven't played one in years. I couldn't think of anything else that fits this category better because I'd always feel so silly when somebody would walk in on me playing lol.
Tons of hours played: My most played game is probably New Leaf, but I also played the Pokemon TCG Online a lot too.

Last edited:
Fave Game of All Time: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fave Series: Splatoon
Best Soundtrack: A tie between Touhou Project, Splatoon, and Kirby
Fav Protagonist: Kirby
Fav Villain: Count Bleck from Super Paper Mario and N from Pokemon Black and White
Best Story: Super Paper Mario
Have not played but want to: ummm..any games involving non-Nintendo mascots.
You Love, Everyone Hates: Super Paper Mario
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Genshin Impact and switch Pokemon games.
Best Art Style: Cuphead
Favorite Ending: (I suck at finishing most video games so Super Paper Mario?)
Favorite Boss Fight: Star Dream from Kirby Planet Robobot (I really love the portion in which you fly the Halberd in that boss fight.)
Childhood Game: Mario Kart Wii
Relaxing Game: Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley
Stressful Game: Cuphead (hard, but fun) and Touhou games
Game you always come back to: Animal Crossing and Splatoon
Guilty Pleasure:
Fate/Grand Order (I know anyone here doesn't like gacha games, but I enjoy this one.)
Tons of hours played: both ACNL and ACNH

Fave Game of All Time: legend of zelda: ocarina of time
Fave Series: legend of zelda and final fantasy
Best Soundtrack: legend of zelda: majora's mask and final fantasy vii
Fav Protagonist:
Fav Villain:
sephiroth
Best Story: legend of zelda: tears of the kingdom and final fantasy ix
Have not played but want to:
You Love, Everyone Hates:
legend of zelda: twilight princess
You Hate, Everyone Loves: legend of zelda: wind waker
Best Art Style: legend of zelda: twilight princess
Favorite Ending: legend of zelda: tears of the kingdom
Favorite Boss Fight: toss up between sephiroth and gannon
Childhood Game: barnstorming and burgertime
Relaxing Game: animal crossing: new horizons
Stressful Game: phasmophobia
Game you always come back to: 7 days to die and animal crossing: new horizons
Guilty Pleasure:
Tons of hours played:
7 days to die, conan exiles, animal crossing: new horizons and valheim

Fave Game of All Time: It changes all the time, but either Final Fantasy X or Shadow Hearts: Covenant.
Fave Series: It used to be Dragon Age but since all the best writers resigned and DAI leaving much to be desired, maybe Metal Gear Solid
Best Soundtrack: Final Fantasy X OST (NOT the remastered)
Fav Protagonist: Yuri Hyuga from Shadow Hearts
Fav Villain: Not sure; I’ll have to come back to this
Best Story: Tough since all the games I like for their story primarily. Final Fantasy X or Metal Gear Solid (particularly Snake Eater & Guns of the Patriots).
Have not played but want to: Puffpals - it is not released yet but I’m very interested in it since I miss playing animal crossing
Don’t think there are any
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Not sure if this counts but Last of Us (political reasons). I never played it but watched someone play it. Found out not too long ago who the creators supported 😬
Best Art Style: Cuphead or Don’t Starve
Favorite Ending: Not sure. Will come back to this one
Favorite Boss Fight: Not sure; Will have to come back to this one.
Childhood Game: Bubble Bobble maybe?
Relaxing Game:
Stressful Game:
When I still played, it’d be World of Warcraft since I was a healer and had a laggy computer on top of it
Game you always come back to: None at the moment. Metal Gear Solid, Shadow Hearts Covenant. Dragon Age Origins were all ones I’d replay. Now it might be Persona 5 Royal and Fire Emblem Three Houses; still need to finish playing it on the switch and a playthrough of Fire Emblem Three Houses.
Guilty Pleasure: All my gacha games; One Piece Treasure Cruise was the most since I spent a decent amount of money via gift cards on it but i’m on a hiatus on that one.
Tons of hours played: No idea. Most games I put a ton of hours in: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Persona 5, Dragon Age Origins

Fave Game of All Time: the sims 2
Fave Series: the sims (lol hopefully my answer wont be all the sims)
Best Soundtrack: the sims 2 (uhhh)
Fav Protagonist: idk cant think of any.
Fav Villain: smollusk (splatoon 3)
Best Story: portal 2, it was snappy and a good sequel to the original entry.
Have not played but want to: stray, idk if i can play it on my pc.
You Love, Everyone Hates: i'm not sure tbh!!
You Hate, Everyone Loves: pokemon, i love parts of the franchise but overall it feels a bit stale.
Best Art Style: splatoon series. it has a really fun concept and some amazing looks.
Favorite Ending: super mario odyssey, i thought the moon portion of it all was really well done.
Favorite Boss Fight: unsure but i really liked the atmosphere of boss fights in resident evil.
Childhood Game: diddy kong racing, i used to love that game soooo much!
Relaxing Game: animal crossing, inbento (or other puzzlers), pikmin 4
Stressful Game: splatoon 3, some super mario levels, cant think of many others.
Game you always come back to: the sims 2 & 3 (rip sims 4 you could've been so great)
Guilty Pleasure: bloons??
Tons of hours played: animal crossing, the sims no doubt, sim city 2013

Ok I posted here but idk if I filled the form and if I did I can update it now so yolo!! Limit 1 per series

Fave Game of All Time- Tetris Effect: Connected, this is just fact. Only game I give 10/10 rn even though a few are painfully close. Tetris is a perfect foundation with perfect gameplay and historical meta ripe for philosophical interpretation with Effect. Never had a video game give me a visceral reaction the way this did and I’ve had some damn strong reactions to games
Fave Series- Skylanders
Best Soundtrack- Jet Set Radio Future
Fav Protagonist- Raven from Guilty Gear. I don’t care if he doesn’t count because he isn’t the main protagonist. Babygirl. My favorite character ever.
Fav Villain- Not so firmly, if I weren’t limiting the series then I’d go Happy Chaos, let’s just say Adachi. I got a type clearly.
Best Story- Disco Elysium and there is sincerely no contest
Have not played but want to- Yazuka: Like A Dragon. I only have 0.
You Love, Everyone Hates- I really can’t think of anything so instead, I’m going to shout out a hidden gem again, Windowkill.
You Hate, Everyone Loves- Banjo-Kazooie
Best Art Style- Crash Bandicoot 4
Favorite Ending- Hades ?
Favorite Boss Fight- I can’t pinpoint it to one, so shout-out to Pizza Tower having awesome bosses ig
Childhood Game- Spyro: Year of The Dragon
Relaxing Game- Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Stressful Game- Monster Hunter
Game you always come back to- Mario Kart Wii
Guilty Pleasure- Kameo: Elements of Power
Tons of hours played- Pokémon HeartGold

Might edit to add detail later !

Last edited:
Favourite Game of All Time: This was a very easy answer for me!!!!!! Simpsons Hit & Run

Favourite Series: My favourite game series is Grand Theft Auto. This game will be listed a lot during this haha

Best Soundtrack:
I enjoy the Stardew valley music it's very calming while I plant and harvest my crops.

Favourite Protagonist:
My favourite protagonist is Batman from the Telltale Batman series.

Favourite Villain:
Sebastian from Hogwarts Legacy.... Not really a villain but also not a good person based on what he does.
As a Slytherin myself I was like yep whatever spell you want me to learn I will hahaha

Best Story: A game that really changed me was Red Dead Redemption 2 I loved the story line and the characters.

Have not played but want to: A game that I really want to play but have not yet is Gotham Knights. I got it as a gift and I still haven't played it yet. Robin (Dick Grayson) is my favourite fictional character so its a game I must play very soon.

The only game I could think of is Shrek Smash n Crash on the PS2. When it came out people found it very easy to unlock everything and boring but I enjoyed the game.

You Hate, Everyone Loves: I dislike sports games like FIFA and NBA I do not get the hype.

Best Art Style: I loved Stray.. Which would come to no surprise cause its about a cat. I liked the graphics in the game and the lights in the city areas. It has a kind of realistic/cartoon art style.

Favourite Ending:
Red Dead Redemption 2 The ending was very sad...
When Arthur hugs his horse as she is dying and whispers thank you....😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I had the ending with Arthur laying up on the mountain as he watches the sunrise as he slowly dies

Favourite Boss Fight: The only boss battle I can think of at the moment is the final boss in Hogwarts Legacy.

Childhood Game: A childhood game is The Chronicles Of Narnia on PS2!!!!! I LOVED IT SO MUCH I was so young and remember that being the very first game I completed without having to skip a level of give up haha ( I just googled the game and there was a second one too? Prince Caspian????? WHAT???? I don't think I have that one I will have to check....)

Relaxing Game: A relaxing game is Stardew Valley its just so cute having a little farm to build your crops and build a life.

Stressful Game: A game I found stressful was The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope. Only because you need to make tough decisions that will change how the game progresses and you have a time limit to hurry and pick an answer. It was also a horror survival game and I wanted to make sure all my characters survived.
Only 1 Character (The Main Character) out of 5 survived I was doing so well to until the things came after me hahaha Like literally they started dying in the last 2 chapters I was SO CLOSE :(

Game you always come back to: GTA Online - I play this game a lot..... I will play something else for like a day then I am straight back on to GTA for hours.

Guilty Pleasure:
Any Bratz game on either the PS2, Nintendo Ds or PS5. I love Bratz I only ever would play as my favourite two girls Sasha or Jade.

Tons of hours played:
A game that I have spent 10 years of my life on... I am not even joking I started playing it 10 years ago and have so many hours in it its not funny. Is Grand Theft Auto Online. I LOVE that game and I am so excited for GTA 6 to come out so I can get heaps of hours on that too haha.

Back