• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

About You: Video Games edition

about you video games.jpg

Fave Game of All Time: Dragon Quest XI S
Incredible cast of characters, incredible story, beautiful graphics, and really just felt like a love letter to the series that has been so dear to me for so long. There was a ton of story and game content and I still didn't want it to end.

Fave Series: Dragon Quest
These games are like comfort food to me, I swear. I love a good classic heroic fantasy story, the turn-based combat is very accessible even to panicky players like me ahaha, and throughout most of the games there's this overarching sense of hope, no matter how bad things get.

Best Soundtrack: Jack Jeanne
I don't usually listen to songs on repeat, but I've made an exception for Jack Jeanne's opening theme because it's that good!! So many of the songs from the performances absolutely slap, it's clear that a lot of thought went into the background music and character themes, and don't get me started on the ending song(s) aaaaaa

Fav Protagonist: Ikemen Sengoku MC

There's a lot of really cool and relatable otome heroines out there that I love, but my favorite still has gotta be IkeSen's. I quit playing a couple years ago, but she was one of the best parts of the game for me—she was funny and had a ton of agency, but was still just a normal, kind-hearted person. I like to self-insert when it comes to my favorite otome routes, so a protagonist that I can really relate to is a big plus for me.

Fav Villain: Dragon Quest XI S - Jasper
If a game can give me a "love to hate" villain who is still complex and tragic enough that I wind up crying at multiple points, I consider that a win and oh boy did DQXIS succeed on that front.

Best Story: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
I swear this game's story is good enough that I think it can really stand on it's own—I'd recommend it to fans of RPGs in general, not just Pokémon fans. Made me bawl multiple times even on replays, and the characters have really stuck with me throughout the years.

Have not played but want to: Ace Attorney
While I know the genre is wildly different ahaha, I have seen so many Dragon Quest fans who also love these games that I'm really looking forward to trying it for myself! I got the original trilogy for the Switch during the sale last month too, so we'll see!

You Love, Everyone Hates: Dairoku: Agents of Sakuratani
I don't think this is a widely hated title, per se, but it seemed to get a fairly average/lukewarm reception and I really loved it! I agree that the CG art could be a little underwhelming (though not bad) and I think certain elements were under-utilized (which is an issue that a fandisc could potentially totally resolve for me cough cough), but I absolutely adored the characters and had a great time playing it. Not to mention it has a great soundtrack and cool heroine too!

You Hate, Everyone Loves: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
I know the gameplay for this one wasn't very well-received at all, but that wasn't really what bugged me about this one—from what I've seen, a lot of people seem to really like the plot/characters, but I found most of the cast unlikeable and the story downright painful to get through at times. Easily my least favorite PMD game for that reason.

Best Art Style: Jack Jeanne
I was never into Tokyo Ghoul so I wasn't all that familiar with Sui Ishida's art before playing Jack Jeanne, but oh my god it's gorgeous?? And there's so much of it??? I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it's got kind of a different ~feel~ from a lot of otome art styles too, and I like that about it; it's kinda refreshing. Maybe it's some shonen manga influence?

Favorite Ending: Undertale - True Pacifist Route
Everything wrapped up really well and it made me cry in a good way!! This is the only Undertale route I'll play because it's just so nice!!

Favorite Boss Fight: Undertale - Asriel Dreemurr
I love epic final battles full of feels and the power of friendship!! Also I just really liked Undertale's bullet hell battles in general.

Childhood Game: Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
I don't really remember much about the Ranger games anymore but oh my god I was so into them as a kid?? I would go out into the yard and pretend I was a Pokémon Ranger; I wanted to be one so bad omg

Relaxing Game: Rune Factory 5
Big comfort game for me, Rigbarth is my happy place—RF5 is the perfect combo of chill farm life/RPG/dating sim for me. I love talking to everyone every day, tending to my fields, recruiting cute monster pets like I'm playing Pokémon, and going on adventures and dates with my boyfriend and girlfriend!! The only real stressor for me is the typhoons, but after the main story those can be avoided altogether, which is v v nice. A lot of this also applies to RF4S and I love it too, but RF5 is my favorite.

Stressful Game: Stardew Valley
I play on Switch, so there's no mods to help me with this, but there is simply not enough time in a Stardew day!! I have too much I want to do!! also destructive weeds! and lightning! the unforgiving cycle of the seasons!!

Game you always come back to: Minecraft
The little blocky game has been with me for a long time, and between watching a lot of Youtube centered around it and the fact that it's still regularly updated with new content, sometimes I'm just in the mood to play Minecraft and nothing else will scratch that itch. It's very open and there's a lot of different ways to play, so that helps a lot too.

Guilty Pleasure: Piofiore (+sequel)
Okay okay I tend to avoid the heck out of darker otome with a lot of triggering content because I am DELICATE... but I kept hearing about Gil's route being much tamer and he sounded like my type!! It's not like his route is a guilty pleasure for me (he's wonderful and I have no regrets), but I do feel weird saying that I "played" this one considering that I just auto-skipped straight through the four routes needed to unlock his lol, and I only played Episodio 1926 for Gil too.
Birushana was another "play one route and run" otome for me for similar reasons so I'm giving it an honorary mention here too.

Tons of hours played: Probably either New Leaf or Minecraft
I played New Leaf consistently almost every day for about two and a half years and have 1189 hours logged on it ahahaha, but I've been playing Minecraft on-and-off for way longer. I can't check my hours on Minecraft, so I'm not sure which one would win out in the end.

Fave Game of All Time: No Man's Sky
Fave Series: The Legend of Zelda
Best Soundtrack: Splatoon 2/3
Fav Protagonist: Pit
Fav Villain: GLaDOS
Best Story: No Man's Sky
Have not played but want to:
Dredge
You Love, Everyone Hates: Kid Icarus: Uprising or Pokemon Cafe Remix
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Rocket League. Okay, I don't hate this game, nor any game, but I just don't find it fun for me.
Best Art Style: Sky: Children of the Light
Favorite Ending: Subnautica
Favorite Boss Fight: Undertale, Duh
Childhood Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Relaxing Game: Tetris Effect
Stressful Game: Tetris 99
Game you always come back to: Sky: Children of the Light
Guilty Pleasure: Random old games on Virtual Console or Switch Online
Tons of hours played: Minecraft or Breath of the Wild

Last edited:
Oooh I filled in the visual template of this a few weeks ago, here's my awful choices (tried not to repeat anything but it did happen :/)
tumblr_f8fa5e0e5ef021050eba26e5362d7ae8_83564d54_1280.png

Lots of opinions beneath the spoiler tag. Lots. I wrote too much :(

Fave Game of All Time: Guild Wars 2
Oh Guild Wars... I've been playing since 2013, and this game has had ups and downs over the years, but it will alwyas be my favourite. The classes feel good to play, the character creation is fun and lets me make glowing plant people, and the systems are really really accessible if you like making a LOT of charatcers. Which I do.... I have over 100. I love making new OCs and GW2 is my favourite engine for making

Fave Series: Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider houses like.. several of my favourite video games! Shadow is one of my absolute favourite games of all time, a real improvement on the two direct predeccesors , bringing back a sense of exploration and puzzle solving (and ability to reduce/disable player nudges!!) Tomb Raider is a whole is a great mix of puzzle solving, adventure and beautiful environments. Even the classics still have really lovely environments.

Best Soundtrack: Shivers
This was a really difficult one! Mirror's Edge, The Nonary Games, Tomb Raider 1-5 and Legend, Ocarina of Time, Puzzle Agent, De Blob 2, Nights: Journey Into Dreams and a LOT of others are in strong competition for this, with the strongest rival being Shivers 2 itself, which is much more atmospheric and includes a full album by a fictional band, but Shivers itself is... something else. There's a lot of experimenting in this soundtrack, a lot of odd vocal sampling and odd noises and it's fantastic!! It's so good and I've never heard anything like it.

Fav Protagonist: Lara Croft & Junpei (+ surprise entry, Akane Kurashiki)
Lara's gone through 3 major personalities which makes this a little weird but I love every single one of them so much ;-; She's got the most substantial progression in the latter two but I always find her such a charming character, even when she's at her most vulnerable. I think importantly, she's so motivated to do what she does and I like getting to vibe with her... as for Junpei, he is a gem and I love him, but I think I do prefer his gf, Akane, who is a delight. You don't get to spend as much time with her as you do Junpei, but she's incredible. Her sense of humour is so funny, she will do absolutely anything for those she loves, but also for humanity! Such an incredible altruistic character. She reminds me of BotW/TotK Zelda sometimes with their devotion to causes and love and interest in their chosen fields, and I adore that other Zelda, like, SO much. One of my favourite video game characters ever, and there's some other amazing Zeldas.

Fav Villain: Ghirahim & Ganondorf
I think I actually did this image before I finished TotK? Because TotK Ganondorf is wonderful and I love him about equally to OoT Ganondorf - they give similar energies to me, but I won't say more than that as TotK is still quite recent.... as for Ghirahim, he's so much fun. I just think he's neat. I don't always have to have in depth reasons for everything.

Best Story: Heaven's Vault
Okay now this is tied with The Nonary Games, but Heaven's Vault didn't get a spot otherwise (despite having an incredible protag, soundtrack and art style) This game delivers narrative through archeology and translation, and you can mangle your translations. There's a lot of choices, a lot of diverting routes and some choices that are jsut more interesting. But my favourite bit is that... the story isn't really complete after one playthrough. That's all I'll say about that.

Have not played but want to: Undertale
I'll play it eventually, I will I will!!! I've seen lots of people here including it in their favs and ahhh I'm aching to play it ;-;

You Love, Everyone Hates: We Happy Few
My problematic fav! Yes, the fact it was made as a procedurally generated survival sim did really mess it up when it redirected into being a linear narrative adventure, but it's unreliable narration between 3 protagonists on the run. You can watch the same conversation between two different characters and they interpret it differently. Like, the dialogue is literally different depending on who you're playing. The plot is incredible, it has such good characters (I adore Sally Boyle, the second one) and you get really good insights into their mental states and how they see the world. Problems one charatcer might be oblivious to entirely are incredibly important to another.
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Breath of The Wild
I'm sorry, I am so sorry. I've played BotW twice. I didn't like it either time. There's a handful of NPCs I love (Zelda, Revali, Yunobo) and I adore horses, but this game is just... built bad. Weapon durability is atrocious, most shrines are simple and dull to complete, feeling like a grind. The Gerudo content? I'm not even sure I can get into why and how that makes me so uncomfortable here. Link can also be a real creep, Sheikah Slate abilities are... not all Sheikah Slate abilities were made equal. And, okay, Koroks are hte cutest. I love. But their challenges? Hundreds of near identical menial tasks. I can't do ANYTHING without it being revealed as a shrine or Korok thing. I cna't do anything just becuase I think it would be fun to do it. Like everything must have a reward, I can't just.. have an experience. Howeveeeer! I LOVE TotK and it fixed every single problem I had with BotW. I am now happy and content. :)

Best Art Style: Inscryption & Psychonauts 2
I jsut think they're pretty :3

Favorite Ending: 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors
It's amazing. Things are... not as they seem.

Favorite Boss Fight: Koloktos & Stallord
Koloktos is in a game with a lot of motion controlled sword fighting. It has lots of arms, with lots of swords. That's a real good fight. Stallord is difficult fun on a spinny disk. Hooray!

Childhood Game: MySims
It's a cute game where you get to build a lot of furniture and houses for a super cute cast of diverse characters. I'm reallllyyyy fond of this one :3 My favs are Ms Nichole and Sir Vincent and I think they should kiss but that's not relevant here

Relaxing Game: The Talos Principle
A lot of puzzle solving in beautiful ancient environments with very calming music. There's a very compelling story and a constant push and pull between two characters thet you're in the middle of, but solving the puzzles, following in the footsteps of those who came before you is a magical experience.

Stressful Game: The Void (Aka Tension/Turgor)
This is a game in which loss of creativity is presented as Intensive Resource Management!! That's honestly a terrible way to pitch it but it's one of my fav games of all time. It's the sort of game that lingers in the back of my mind. You can't save everyone in it - you can barely save yourself. The same studio made the much more popular Pathologic, so if you know that, that gives you an idea of the sort of tone and struggle it involves. It's a lot more playable than Pathologic haha

Game you always come back to: Guild Wars 2
I love it and if anything happened to my many, many OCs, I would cry forever

Guilty Pleasure: Hunie Cam Studio
It was purchased for me as a joke and then it turned out to be an annoyingly good management game. The... NSFW coat of paint on this one is what places it as a guilty pleasure :( I wish that was not the theming.

Tons of hours played: Slay The Spire
It's such a well built card game? I keep coming back and playing around with mroe and more builds.. I've come a long, long way since I started, but I wouldn't even sy I'm good at it :') Honourable mention to Hyrule Warriors for this category also!

Fave Game of All Time: I don’t think about this often, but I think I’d pick ACNL
Fave Series: Animal Crossing
Best Soundtrack: N/A
Fav Protagonist: N/A
Fav Villain: Magolor
Best Story: Either Kirby Return to Dream Land or Pokémon BW
South Park: The Stick of Truth or New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Everyone says NSMBW is amazing but I never had a Wii. Scratch that, basically any Wii game could go here
You Love, Everyone Hates: New Super Mario Bros. 2. It’s not hated, but I know people think this is where the NSMB series gets bad. Sure it’s an easy game, but it was my first game ever so I kind of have some bias
You Hate, Everyone Loves: I know everyone’s going to want to kill me for this, but Genshin Impact. I don’t know if this game is loved or hated, but I know I hate it
Best Art Style: Yoshi’s Island or Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. I like Yoshi’s Island’s crayon style and I like Rainbow Curse’s clay style, it just looks really clean
Favorite Ending: Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Favorite Boss Fight: I don’t normally think about this, so I don’t know, but it’s probably from a Mario and Luigi game or a Paper Mario game
Childhood Game: Super Mario 3D Land
Relaxing Game: ACNL
Stressful Game: SMB and SMB3. These games are just really annoying
Game you always come back to: N/A
Guilty Pleasure: While not a game I love, Paper Mario Sticker Star is a game I think is pretty decent, but it’s probably only because I watched ZackScottGames play it when I didn’t have much of a sense of a “bad game”
Tons of hours played: Last time I checked New Leaf was my most played 3DS game at like 700 hours, and that was like May, so I expect it to be much higher now. My most played Switch game is Minecraft at 585 hours

Last edited:
Fave Game of All Time: yume 2kki, never gets old to explore for hours on end plus with it still being updated and all
Fave Series: darkstalkers, very very fun character designs
Best Soundtrack: obvious pick but jet set radio is peak
Fav Protagonist: raz (psychonauts)
Fav Villain: edelgard......................as much as the story failed to flesh her out in some aspects i like the inner conflict in her interactions + appearing to be more grounded and calm on the surface while being very irrational in her actions. ppl dont like that her plans were objectively worse in outcome compared to claude's in terms of liberating the world but i appreciate the fact that she's a somewhat imperfect tyrant!
Best Story: def agree with disco elysium, the worldbuilding and dialogue is an entire league of its own. i love cuno i care him
Have not played but want to: lol: lack of love! i think a fan translation is available online (all lovedelic games deserve to have one tbh)
You Love, Everyone Hates: top banana. considered one of the worst video games of all time especially with its visuals and all but tbh. the "creepiness" factor is explained by the acid house genre influence the game developers had also coldcut aided in said development which adds to the experimental psychedelic club scene vibe
You Hate, Everyone Loves: first thing that came to mind for this was night in the woods lol, the writing being filled with millennial self deprecation is just not my cup of tea
Best Art Style: sengoku turb
Favorite Ending: in twisted metal 2 sweet tooth the clown asks calypso (the ultimate wish granter) to turn him into a bug because he wants to live a life of peace. calpyso complies, and sweet tooth is transformed into a hungry little caterpillar clown. because wishes ultimately backfire on most contestants, sweet tooth in his bug form starts to dream about climbing back into the world of man once again. what a twist!(ed metal)
Favorite Boss Fight: i always think abt galacta knight when this subject comes up tbh, the music and setting is just Chefs kiss
Childhood Game: spyro 1
Relaxing Game: nights into dreams
Stressful Game: any mainline 2hu game
Game you always come back to: pokemon platinum
Guilty Pleasure: hatoful boyfriend <:3
Tons of hours played: thousands of hours spent on roblox of all things...

I aimed for variance in games chosen, but, uh, Majora's Mask and Skies of Arcadia are pretty embedded in some things, haha whoops.

Favorite Game of All Time: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
Favorite Series: Legend of Zelda
Best Soundtrack: Night in the Woods (Switch)
Favorite Protagonist: Vyse (Skies of Arcadia)
Favorite Villain: Galcian (Skies of Arcadia)
Best Story: Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN)
Have not played but want to: Outer Wilds (PS5)
You Love, Everyone Hates: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4)
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Bioshock (Xbox 360)
Best Art Style: Okami HD (Switch)
Favorite Ending: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Switch)
Favorite Boss Fight: Goht (Majora's Mask)
Childhood Game: Banjo-Tooie (N64)
Relaxing Game: Euro Truck Simulator 2 (PC)
Stressful Game: Celeste (Switch)
Game you always come back to: Pikmin (GCN)
Guilty Pleasure: NHL 12 (Xbox 360)
Tons of hours played: Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)

gamer_get_to_know_me_8-20231.png

Fave Game of All Time: FFXIV
Fave Series: Sonic, Soul Calibur, and Final Fantasy, but I think Sonic wins since I'm pretty sure I've played more of that than FF
Best Soundtrack:
this one's too hard to pick, I only ever listen to video game music :') but Tales of Berseria, FFXIV, Sonic (I put Black Knight on the template but other games like Adventure 1+2 and Heroes also had a good soundtrack!), and Nier might be my favourites
Fav Protagonist:
Sonic and Velvet ?
Fav Villain:
Emet-Selch
Best Story:
FFXIV
Have not played but want to: FFXVI
You Love, Everyone Hates:
FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
You Hate, Everyone Loves:
Overwatch
Best Art Style:
FFXIV and Tales series
Favorite Ending:
FFXIV
Favorite Boss Fight:
FFXIV
Childhood Game:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was my first game and it's still one I really enjoy! (does Tomb Raider by proxy count? 😂 I always used to watch my uncle play before getting my own)
Relaxing Game: Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, Animal Crossing
Stressful Game:
Pikmin (I gave up when I was little and tried again a few months ago and it was still very stressful hearing their little screams as they died)
Game you always come back to: Mabinogi (when I need a break from FFXIV, pretty much this)
Guilty Pleasure:
Tales of Symphonia: DotNW
Tons of hours played:
FFXIV (7000+ hours)
Game you never expected to like: 007 Agent Under Fire
Creepy Game: Luigi's Mansion (mostly when I was little, now it's probably FNAF but I only played that like once when my brother had it)
Happy Game: Pokepark and Super Mario Galaxy
Depressing Game: Nier
Most Hated Character: Emperor Bulblax is the first one that came to mind because he ate my kids
Special place in your heart: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Ooh now this sounds fun: But it's very hard coming from a person who exclusively likes certain Nintendo games, but I have had come out of my shell and experienced new games.

Fave Game of All Time: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Fave Series: Mario
Best Soundtrack:
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (That game has a ton of bangers. I don't believe there's an ost from that game I hate)
Fav Protagonist:
Spyro the Dragon
Fav Villain:
I don't really have one TBH...
Best Story: Pokemon Black and White (Black 2 and White 2 also)
Have not played but want to: Pizza Tower. (This game sounds very fun, would love to pick it up one day. Hopefully this next Nintendo Direct announces it next month)
Skylanders Superchargers/Imaginators
These two games are where the series fell off and got cancelled. You see, Activision was at it's peak where it was quantity over quality when these two games came out. Everyone was fed up with the fact that the Skylanders series kept getting release after release every year. If they were release every couple of years then nobody would have complained. Not to mention as there were hardly any collectors of the game since these two came out it kept overloading the shelves where they were running out of room and had to put them somewhere else. Let's not forget that the gimmick to the vehicles were seen as lazy by many. Yes, it was a hot mess, but me being a true diehard fan I didn't care. I had a true heart for these games and enjoyed every second of them. When can we get Sky 7?
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Undertale (I know everyone likes this game a lot, but it ain't for me chief. 8 years in and I sadly cannot get into the series no matter how hard I wanna try. No no, I'm not saying I straight up LOATHE this game, I'm not interested)
Best Art Style: I'm not one to care about art style, so this question will be left unanswered
Favorite Ending:
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet
Favorite Boss Fight: Traptanium Kaos (This is a final boss fight that the main series' main villain got right, the immense difficulty among the other final boss fights in the series is truly the best one and everyone else can agree! As an avid Nightmare mode player myself this can be such a challenge for sure! So much that it's recommended to bring ranged attacking Skylanders to the fight as his moves are straight up unfair to the physical attacking Skylanders. It can always be satisfying to beat this boss.)
Childhood Game: Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (1, 2 and not so much 3. Didn't get too far on the 3rd one. But the 2nd one is the best one hand's down!)
Relaxing Game: Zoo Tycoon 2
Stressful Game: I'm not very into stressful games, but I heard Pizza Tower is in fact, a stressful game, especially if you're trying to P Rank)
Game you always come back to: Spyro Reignited Trilogy (The art style is amazing, but as I said before I don't care about that to enjoy a game. I only go back to it so us Spyro fans don't go hungry on the highy requested Spyro 4 (Not the unfinished game back in 2002)
Guilty Pleasure:
Like with favorite villain, I don't have one here.
Tons of hours played:
Probably both Animal Crossing (On 3ds and Switch) and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Fave Game of All Time: Probably a The Sims game.
Fave Series:
Again, The Sims
Best Soundtrack:
That's extremely tough!! Kingdom Hearts games come to mind, but so many others too.
Fav Protagonist:
Amaterasu (Okami)
Fav Villain:
Emet-Selch (FFXIV)
Best Story: FFXIV
IDK.
Hate is a strong word but Pokemon X/Y, Kirby 64.
You Hate, Everyone Loves: Any game that is overtly difficult.
Best Art Style:
Animal Crossing New Horizons? IDK.
Favorite Ending:
FFXIV: Shadowbringers had such a wild ending section that blew me away.
Favorite Boss Fight: IDK.
Childhood Game: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Relaxing Game:
Animal Crossing and The Sims (when building, but really all TS games' gameplay aside from the original which was stressful AF are pretty relaxing)
Stressful Game: FFXIV has time and time again given me a feeling equivalent to "performance anxiety". Especially the Alliance Raids.
Game you always come back to:
The Sims games, FFXIV
Guilty Pleasure:
The Sims 4. It is a shallower TS game, but I have learned to mod for it and do CC for it.
Tons of hours played:
FFXIV. I forget exactly how many hours I have in it. A whole lot more than any other game.

I actually made my own template with different categories but this one is much smaller and I never even finished mine anyway.

Favorite game: Skylanders Swap Force
Favorite series: Skylanders
Best soundtrack: Mario Kart Wii (i’m serious)
Favorite protagonist: Raven (Guilty Gear)
Favorite villain: King K. Rool
Best story: Hades
Not played, want to: Street Fighter 6
You love, everyone hates: the Skylanders series i guess, as i said in another topic this is a hard pick. I don’t “love” it but amongst the Spyro fanbase DoTD also got a lot of hate over the years and I think it is clearly the superior LoS game and one of the better games in the Spyro series in general
You hate, everyone loves: Super Mario Odyssey, gen 5 Pokemon, Smash, take ur pick I’m functionally contrarian, Spyro Reignited is my most hated game at this point if that counts
Best art style: Crash Bandicoot 4 (vast artistic improvement over Reignited, don’t @ me)
Favorite ending: Hades (again)
Favorite boss fight: definitely something from cuphead, but i’m not sure what
Childhood game: Crash 2
Relaxing game: New Leaf
Stressful game: Cuphead
Always come back to: Spyro 1 (ps1)
Guilty pleasure: Crash Bash
Tons of hours: Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure (probably 2k+ hours, can’t know for sure)

You Love, Everyone Hates: Skylanders Superchargers/Imaginators
Dude, i support you so much on these. Imaginators especially gets so much unwarranted hate. Awful story but the raw gameplay was really fun, and while the game has bad balance trap team was way worse about it, and that game just gets a pass. I think some old characters actually hold up fine in imaginators even. I think people came around on superchargers. I hated superchargers when it came out, but i like it now (although every time i come back to it i’m absolutely desperate for the game to have more content, there just isn’t enough to do for trained characters and grinding was too fast and the game is too easy in general, whenever i start the game i put it down in like half an hour and go back to swap force when i had the enthusiasm to wanna play for hours). Honest a sub-answer for “you hate everyone loves” for me would be trap team but it‘s only loved within the fandom and has too much heart for me to actually hate it.

Fave Game of All Time: Super Mario RPG. It was the first RPG I ever played and I simply love this game to pieces. I especially love that Bowser gets to join the party. It's funny and clever in a way that games just aren't anymore, it has a cute, engaging story, and is also just a joy to play. It's additionally full of fun secrets and easter eggs. I would struggle to find anything to complain about.

Fave Series: Pokemon is the most honest answer, although my opinion of modern Pokemon is bleak. The series has been so important to me and such a big part of my life that nothing else can really compare.

Best Soundtrack: Final Fanasy XIV. So many different moods, themes, and genres composed brilliantly, and so many songs constantly stuck in my head. Under the Weight gets an extra special mention as quite possibly my favorite boss fight song of all time.

Fav Protagonist: Mario. Perhaps a lame answer, but Mario is just an overall cute and fun main character.

Fav Villain: Bowser. My favorite video game character ever, although I can't truly call him a villain when all he ever wanted was love :(

Best Story: Earthbound. This is what I would call a simple, heartfelt story (kind of how I would describe Super Mario RPG as well). It's not particularly deep, but it doesn't really have to be in order to be effective and enjoyable.

Have not played but want to: Psychonauts 2. The original Psychonauts is one of my favorite games, but I've yet to play the sequel (even though I now own it).

You Love, Everyone Hates: Final Fantasy VIII will always be my favorite game in the franchise. I don't think it's as hated now as it used to be, but nevertheless, I won't so easily forget how mean people have and continue to be about it! I love the cutscenes, Nobuo Uematsu's music is brilliant, I like junctions and Triple Triad, invisible save points and dialogue options make life more interesting, and Squall ISN'T emo, he's just a normal teenager with an unreal amount of responsibility placed on his shoulders. Phew!

You Hate, Everyone Loves: Animal Crossing New Horizons. It gives me no joy to say this, as I was extremely excited to get and play this game, but I just... didn't like it. After a couple of weeks I returned it and had to sheepishly tell my friends and family who were playing it that I was going back to playing New Leaf instead. There's a little part of me that's sad that I never got to experience terraforming (an aspect of the game that I was looking forward to) but the changes in villager personality and removal of old furniture sets was just too much of a deal breaker for me, and the crafting elements seemed more like a chore than anything else.

Best Art Style: Psychonauts. It features elements reminiscent of Jhonen Vasquez and Tim Burton, but at the same time, maintains its own distinct style. Every character and location is just chock full of personality and charm. Of course I must make special mention of the gorgeous Black Velvetopia as well.

Favorite Ending: Super Mario RPG's ending is sweet, heartwarming, funny, and everything that makes me happy. I get a little teary eyed every time I get to see it.

Favorite Boss Fight: Ice Titan, from Kingdom Hearts. I like all of the bonus boss fights from the original Kingdom Hearts, but this one will always have a special place in my heart, especially because I just love the design of the Ice Titan and think he is both cool (see what I did there???) and adorable. It is fun and challenging without being too hard, and I find the gameplay concept of having to reflect the icy projectiles without the use of magic compelling.

Childhood Game: Aladdin. One of my fondest, earliest gaming memories is when my older sister got a Sega Genesis for her birthday. One would think the first game to be played on it would have been Sonic, but for some reason it was Aladdin instead. My parents watched as my sister and I took turns to try and beat the game (a task that neither of us could do). I still really like that game to this day, although it took me until I was in my 20s to finally beat it.

Relaxing Game: After pondering on my answer for a bit, I've come to the conclusion that I'm too high-strung to relax while playing games. Even games like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon must be played at my computer with a notepad of chores and a tab on Thonky. If absolutely pressed for an answer, I suppose Banjo Kazooie is a game I've played so many times that I could find it relaxing, even in spite of Clanker's Cavern and the Rusty Bucket Bay engine room.

Stressful Game: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. If I'm sitting down for a session, I know I'm essentially getting ready for an hour or more of sweating. That's not necessarily always a bad thing, but there's no way for it not be at least a little stressful, even if also (somehow) enjoyable at the same time.

Game you always come back to: Heroes of Might and Magic III. DEFINITELY not a relaxing game, but one of my oldest games that I still get the itch to play now and then.

Guilty Pleasure: The closest game I have to this is Crossy Road, which I only have on my phone because I enjoy playing it at arcades.

Tons of hours played: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, with something maybe around the mid-2000 hour mark if I count time played on both my and my boyfriend's Switch. And yet, I still see people with 3000 or more hours all the time, so I still weirdly feel as though my time is not even really that much all things considered.

Favorite Game of All Time: Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer

Favorite Series: Animal Crossing, I'm not here posting on the forums for nothing.

Best Soundtrack: I have a lot of favorite soundtracks, but some of my top picks are the daytime beach music that can be heard over at Tortimer Island in New Leaf, 8 p.m. music from Population Growing, Daisy Hills from Mario Kart 7, K.K. Polka, and K.K. Dixie.

Favorite Protagonist: Pac-Man

Favorite Villain: Bowser literally takes just like, 2 seconds to beat in New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS, and that's my best quality of him.

Best Story: The Legendary Starfy, it tells the story of a rabbit in an astronaut suit who fell from the sky through the roof of a palace.

Have Not Played, But Want To: I want to play Klonoa so badly...

You Love, Everyone Hates: I'm not sure if this one is hated or not, but...Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning, I don't really hear anyone discuss this game so much, so I assume people hate this game?

You Hate, Everyone Loves: I can't stand the Cuphead video game, it is way to hard to beat, it is the hardest game I have ever played in my life. The Netflix cartoon that was based on the game is much better...

Best Art Style: I have a lot of favorite art styles, but I'm going to pick, "Parappa the Rapper".

Favorite Ending: N/A

Favorite Boss Fight: Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo DS.

Childhood Game: I loved playing Disney: Magic Artist Studio Deluxe on my very first laptop, which was a Microsoft Windows XP that was covered in Strawberry Shortcake and Hello Kitty stickers. Some of the keys on my keyboard don't work, and there was no Internet, but that didn't stop me from playing it anyway.

Relaxing Game: Animal Crossing

Stressful Game: Cuphead

Game You Always Come Back To: I always come back to Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, and redesign villagers' homes again to work on different exteriors and interiors, completely different than what the villagers had requested before.

Guilty Pleasure: N/A

Tons of Hours Played: N/A

Fave Game of All Time:twewy
Fave Series:twewy
Best Soundtrack:twewy
Fav Protagonist:sora
Fav Villain:sephiroth
Best Story:xenogears
Have not played but want to:silent hill 2
You Love, Everyone Hates:Jigoku Shoujo
You Hate, Everyone Loves:a silent voice (anime i know but i really hate it so much it sucks so badly)
Best Art Style:twewy
Favorite Ending:resident evil 1
Favorite Boss Fight:sephiroth
Childhood Game:smash
Relaxing Game:twewy
Stressful Game:resident evil code veronica
Game you always come back to:twewy
Guilty Pleasure:date a live rio reincarnation
Tons of hours played:lost count

This took like 2 hours lmao it was so difficult
me_as_game.jpg

Fave Game of All Time: I couldn't pick
Fave Series: Nomnomnami, technically not a series but all of this dev's games take place in the same universe/region so I'm counting it because I love all of them. Fav series by far if I count it as one.
Best Soundtrack: ACNL's OST has a very special place in my heart
Fav Protagonist: This was super difficult but overall I landed on Phoenix, I love his story
Fav Villain: I couldn't pick an actual villian, I couldn't really think of many. Everyone hates these two but they still have a hold on us all.
Best Story: I picked Butterfly Soup and Doomsday Dreamgirl, two indie visual novels.
Have not played but want to: I want to play Stray SOOOOO badly but I can't buy it yet
You Love, Everyone Hates: I couldn't think of a game that I love that is generally disliked
You Hate, Everyone Loves: No game has ever disappointed me more
Best Art Style: I could not pick there are too many games with fantastic art styles
Favorite Ending: The Wolf Among Us has an amazing story and it has a fantastic ending
Favorite Boss Fight: DJ Octavio in Splatoon 1, favorite final boss. Super fun.
Childhood Game: I played a loooott of this game with my brother on our Wii, my favorite was Ninjini. He loved this series, I only loved this game
Relaxing Game: Stardew is a lovely relaxing farming sim
Stressful Game: Stardew is a psycho sweat fest when you min-max. Guess who is almost always min-maxing.
Game you always come back to: I have friends or family over? I break out the Wii U and we play Wii Party and Wii Party U. Best Party Games of all time.
Guilty Pleasure: This was hard because I didn't know what guilty pleasure meant I had to ask some friends. I don't feel guilty playing this game at all. Mystic Messenger has a genuinely great story and awesome characters, but I guess it is a mobile otome game.
Tons of hours played: I have wayyyy more hours in this game than I thought, my Switch says I have 680 hours in Splatoon 2. I also played a bit on an alt account so it may be higher than I think. I love Splatoon 2.

Fave Game of All Time: Pokémon White

This one is my ABSOLUTE favorite simply because it was near and dear to me growing up. It helped me through a ton of tough times, especially family matters. It was my escape from everything. It used to get SO much hate, but it has such a beautiful story, to me, anyways.

Fave Series: Pokémon

This should be a given.. lol. If I didn't pick Animal Crossing, it was ultimately going to be Pokémon. Pokémon has always been such a special series to me. I remember my sisters best friend giving me her old Gameboy Color and a copy of Pokémon Gold when I was about 6. The save battery was fried though, so I had to play through it super fast, or barely at all without having to restart. It was the same with Emerald for the GBA. Save battery fried, lol. However, Pokémon has made me several friends along the way, and I'll always be grateful.

Best Soundtrack: Pokémon White... >_>

You cannot lie, some of the music in this game? BANGERS. Absolute bops. They go hard. I personally love Accumula Town's theme a WHOLE bunch. It's so soothing and beautiful to me. With the piano and drums too! It just adds such a special touch to the game in my eyes.

Fav Protagonist: Either Hilda or Rosa from Pokémon.

I know they're the person playing the game technically. And don't have a whole lot of 'life' or 'lore' to them, but I love the designs of each. I've always said if I were to be ANY Pokémon protag irl? It'd be either Hilda or Rosa. They're too cute! And I love Rosa's super long pigtail buns, also.

200px-Black_2_White_2_Rosa.png

Fav Villain: Vergil (Devil May Cry)

Anyone who knows me personally.. they all be knowing I love Vergil Devil May Cry! His voice is simply iconic and if his voice actor were to change, it'd never be the same, honestly. I'll always love Vergil for many reasons.. He's extremely good looking, I love his lore, and his theme-song, lol. BURY THE LIGHT DEEP WITHIN!! Plus, the Vergil memes? Funny. Really funny. I haven't touched a DMC game in months, but one day I will finish them all!!! I just need to not suck at video games.

iakcufcrtvv61.jpg

Best Story: No comment on this one,, I cannot decide!

Have not played but want to: Resident Evil, the Yakuza Series, OR Final Fantasy XIV (Online)

A lot of my friends love RE and Yakuza. ANDDDD a TON of my friends play FFXIV. I'd love to play so I can interact with them more. I feel left out sometimes not being able to game often with my friends.. ;w; I wanna know the hype about Emet-Selch and the cool looking red-haired cat boy I forget the name of!

You Love, Everyone Hates: G-Genshin... Impact... >_>

I've noticed a good majority of people aside from my friends dislike Genshin for a multitude of reasons. Even some of the players dislike it. I do believe it's due to the company, lol. There's so many QoL upgrades we've asked for, but they've never delivered. INSTEAD, they implement them into Honkai: Star Rail instead. C'mon man. Really? I still love the game regardless. I could also go as far to say it's my guilty pleasure. I feel bad spending tons of money on it, but it makes me super happy, so.

You Hate, Everyone Loves: League of Legends

A lot of my internet friends are ALSO League enjoyers. I tried to play once. Never again. It's soo confusing to me, and too much for my smooth brain to ingest. I played as Jinx though when I did try to learn. It was sorta fun? But I now dislike League, lol. I don't know why, maybe it's something personal. Either that, or I just don't like the fanbase. Some players are extremely toxic and mean to newbies. :^/

Best Art Style: Unpacking OR Rune Factory 4.

Alright. I may get some backlash for this.. But I've only played RF5. Although, looking at reviews from RF4, and gameplay? I think the art-style is so pretty. Maybe one day I'll purchase RF4... As for Unpacking? It's just a cozy little game with cute art. I love the style of it. Super adorable and calming!

Favorite Ending: No comment on this one either!

Favorite Boss Fight: Ghetsis - Pokémon White

I came up with close to nothing for this one. I haven't played a lot of games with a REALLY good story to have a super cool boss fight. But.. Ghetsis' final battle went so hard. I loved the music and the suspense of battling him for the last time. Although, the echoing of 'Ghettttsissss' in the back of his final battle theme, used to make me anxious as a kid (totally not now also as I listen to it...), LOL. Still a really good battle overall :3

Childhood Game: Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

This was a difficult one. I didn't wanna keep giving my 'favorites' to Pokémon White multiple times, SO. You all are in for a loop! I am NOT good at Mario games. AT ALL. But I played this game day in, day out, as a kid, until my hands cramped from holding my DS. It's such a silly fun game with a decent storyline to it! I'll always love this game. I may just go play it again for the heck of it!

Relaxing Game: Stardew Valley

As much as it can be stressful at times.. Overall? I find it incredibly relaxing. However.. I played so much of it, I got so burnt out from it that I haven't touched it in so long, LOL. My favorites will always be Alex and Harvey. Himbo and doctor nerd. ;w; Love them. But aside from the romance options, I love to fish (ONLY ON THE PC VERSION), and go mining. There's so many games I wanna play right now just by making this post.. sigh.

Stressful Game: Splatoon 3

Maybe it's just because I'm a Splat Roller main and absolutely refuse to main any other weapon. I SUCK at Splatoon. It's so much fun, but it makes me rage at such an unholy level that it's asinine. I don't particularly like to play by myself anymore, only with friends, because I just get so mad when I'm soloing. With friends I feel like I can relax better and play casually. Is anyone else a stubborn Splat Roller main like me? ;w;

Game you always come back to: Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Despite me having over 1,000 hours in the game.. I don't actually play it as often... >_> I get super hyperfixated on it for a while, get overwhelmed by trying to make my island look super Pinterest-y like everyone else on that darn site, then stop playing. It's really difficult with my ADHD and slight OCD to try to make everything look nice.. When it doesn't look perfect, or the way I want it to, I get annoyed. Or if I get inspired by something on Pinterest, I'll pick it back up again only to repeat the cycle. I LOVE New Horizons, but I wish they didn't make it so tedious to make your island look so beautiful!! T^T

Guilty Pleasure: Minecraft

I've loved Minecraft ever since they had the Pocket Edition Lite on iOS. I used to be SUPER into it, I love playing Minecraft. It can be really relaxing, but I suck at building. Making things look cool, y'know? But, every once in a while.. I'll get this urge to play Minecraft. And I do. I feel like the hype has died down and everyone thinks it's 'cringe', but I LOVE IT!! I'll never feel bad playing Minecraft, however, there are times I feel like 'if I log on, people on Discord will bully me', LOL.

Tons of hours played: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

When AC:NL very first came out, I got it that year for Christmas. I played it NONSTOP. I have over 2,000 hours total, probably. I lost all my data from my old 3DS XL, but I had about 1.8k hours total. Then I got a new 3DS, and have about 500 hours accumulated there as well. That's a TON of hours! 😱

Fave Game of All Time: a short hike. exploration, the characters, everything. love it. real great!!
Fave Series: animal crossing
Best Soundtrack: journey and sea of stars. i'm really hyped for the soundtrack to be released on spotify. hills of determination, frozen peak, encounter! and battle on! (especially at night) songs slap so much. the ice and rock DJs!! and the music that plays when you're at the great archives too!! the day and night versions of everything are rad. the brain scratching thing that people say on the internet is real. moving on
Fav Protagonist: the catto from stray
Fav Villain: i don't know. will probably update tho
Best Story: a short hike
Have not played but want to: the stanley parable: ultra deluxe (i watched someone's playthrough on youtube but i'd like to play it heh), the pedestrian + super mario bros. wonder
You Love, Everyone Hates: i don't knoww
You Hate, Everyone Loves: not really hate, but i couldn't get into hollow knight
Best Art Style: a short hike + sea of stars 😌
Favorite Ending: a short hike
Favorite Boss Fight: the chromatic apparition from sea of stars. first time iirc the encounter! music from the demo plays. i've not really experienced many boss fights i won't lie but it was sick
Childhood Game: new super mario bros. wii
Relaxing Game: animal crossing: new horizons
Stressful Game: pikmin 4 - the countdown from 10 as soon as sunset hits induces a hecc ton of stress
Game you always come back to: animal crossing: new horizons
Guilty Pleasure: idk about this one either aa.
Tons of hours played: acnh - i'm nearing 1K hours hehe

Last edited:
videogameaboutme.png

Fave Game of All Time: It was extremely hard to pick just one, but ultimately I had to put Persona 4 in this spot. It's definitely a product of its time and not perfect by any means, I absolutely acknowledge the flaws it has. Even so, a lot of the topics it covered really resonated with me at the time. I was in high school at the same time these characters were in high school and also live in a very rural area, so I connected with this game on levels I haven't encountered in a game since.
Fave Series: The Persona series! If P4 is my fave then 3 and 5 are close seconds. (I also appreciate 2 and wish it would get more love!)
Best Soundtrack: Kingdom Hearts and Persona are my go-to soundtracks if I need background noise. I also have to give it to Stray Gods though because of how unique it is!
Fav Protagonist: Minako Arisato from P3P
Fav Villain: Zero from the Zero Escape series. This character goes by another name... but I don't want to risk spoiling it here in case anyone ever wants to check out 999.
Best Story: Zero Escape! Particularly 999 and VLR. There's just so much to these games.
Have not played but want to: Little Goody Two Shoes! I've had my eye on this game for a while and I'm excited to check it out. I love seeing new interpretations and forms of RPG horror games.
Best Art Style: This was a tricky one because I appreciate the art of all the games I play in different ways. I'm gonna give Stray Gods this one though because I loved the comic style and diversity!
Favorite Ending: 999. The twist. That's all I'll say. I seriously would never want to be the one who spoils this game for anyone haha.
Favorite Boss Fight: Honestly, there are a lot of Persona final boss fights I'd give this to (I love the power of friendship coming into play and the stakes!) Still, I wanted to show some love to KH because those boss fights are so unique and fun. I especially love playing as Aqua, so I had to give this one to BBS!
Childhood Game: CD Rom games were my first introduction to games as a kid-- especially the Barbie games! I remember the storytime one was my favorite. Then I also had to add the Disney skating game (my sisters and I would rent it from Blockbuster all the time haha) and Pokemon Crystal!
Relaxing Game: Rune Factory and Animal Crossing!
Stressful Game: Stray, mostly because I get stressed about keeping that adorable kitty cat safe. Also Splatoon. I play it to unwind, so it's not always stressful, but it can be depending on the circumstances haha. (Usually during Splatfests when matches feel extra cutthroat.)
Game you always come back to: It's an October tradition of mine to revisit classic RPG horror games.
Guilty Pleasure: Project Diva! I haven't played it in a while, haha, but Vocaloid songs are so nostalgic for me. I've been a longtime lover of DDR and other rhythm games.
Tons of hours played: Depending on my mood I tend to gravitate to playing some ACNH or Splatoon after a long day (especially if I don't have the brain capacity for a complex story game.) It definitely adds up over time!

Back