• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Popular Games That You Dislike

Nah, speak for yourself, I found DDLC a very soothing and understanding experience, especially act 3. I would say it has a decent understanding of mental health and a positive encouragement to its reader that your thoughts are not real, that fictional characters are just worthless scripts, which is something that a person with very strong intrusive thoughts, such as myself, perhaps needs to hear. I recall that it cheered me up quite a lot when I was 14, and then Plus came out last year, which is significantly calmer an experience.
It's also pretty tame for horror, I'd posit, like, a couple of glitchy effects and a bit of blood, but no actual gore, and no focus on pain. A lot more restrained than its close, non-cute cousin Black Mirror.
Something much darker and scarier which I particularly like is Inside No. 9, a sitcom with a different setting every episode, which I've mentioned here because it's a similar sort-of meta-horror, usually culminating in myriad funny plot twists.
I'll tell you that my ACNH island is very gory and kinda psychedelic. Posting it would probably violate the Terms and Conditions.
As for popular games I somewhat dislike, it's ultra-"realistic" drama adventures. Think Heavy Rain or The Last of Us. Too much shouting and frowning, basically like soap operas. As you can tell, I don't like EastEnders.

I’m also not a fan of any of the Zelda games. I do like Wind Waker and Majora’s Mask, but that’s it. I’m not into any of the other Zelda games.
I agree with that. People look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them I’ve never played Breath of the Wild or that I’m not excited for the sequels, but it just doesn’t interest me. Like at all. Pretty much why I don’t like Genshin Impact as well, just reminds me of BOTW with gacha, which is something I also strongly dislike.

I agree with that. People look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them I’ve never played Breath of the Wild or that I’m not excited for the sequels, but it just doesn’t interest me. Like at all. Pretty much why I don’t like Genshin Impact as well, just reminds me of BOTW with gacha, which is something I also strongly dislike.
Yeah Same I've never played BOTW or any Zelda game, sorry just don't understand the hype or perhaps the gameplay isn't my thing... I don't know.

I don't have a problem with FPS games (I really like Team Fortress 2 and the original Halo Trilogy, both for different reasons but they're all solid games) but I'm really not a fan of newer FPS games, especially the newer COD and Battlefield games. they seem like they have no substance at all. at least TF2 is hilarious and the Halo trilogy had a compelling storyline. a lot of newer FOS games just seem bland and repetitive.

I don’t like Splatoon. I’m not big on shooter games anyway. I couldn’t ever get into it. That’s the main one that comes to mind. I know it’s very popular…
I agree. I rented Splatoon 2 for a week a while back and while the gameplay was okay it just really isn't for me. absolutely don't mean anything against those who do like Splatoon, it's nice that the game has a decent fanbase out there.

No matter how much I tried, I just could not get into Ocarina of Time at all. That really surprised me to be honest, since Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time. I made it to somewhere just past the water temple before I stopped playing because it just wasn't holding my interest. I guess I wouldn't say that I necessarily dislike it, but I didn't exactly like it either.

No matter how much I tried, I just could not get into Ocarina of Time at all. That really surprised me to be honest, since Majora's Mask is my favorite game of all time. I made it to somewhere just past the water temple before I stopped playing because it just wasn't holding my interest. I guess I wouldn't say that I necessarily dislike it, but I didn't exactly like it either.
I always that Ocarina of Time was similar to Majora’s Mask? I may have just been really young though, but I thought both of the games were similar in some way. I obviously preferred Majora’s Mask by a landslide. Even as someone who dislikes Zelda games, I can appreciate Majora’s Mask. Great title.

The Binding of Isaac games... I hate the aesthetic and think it's really gross/unappealing. Halo Infinite is another more recent one. It was just completely ruined for me by the battle pass and free to play crap. I also just really don't think a lot of the new weapons feel good to use or feel like any of the multiplayer maps are anything special compared to past games. Every time I tried to play, I'd get bored after an hour and just stop. So I just stopped playing altogether.

I don’t like most Mario games because the characters annoy me and I’m not a fan of platformer or racing games. The only one I liked was a Mario party game that I played with my friend on the wii. I also recently played Mario and Rabbids and I was enjoying it at first, but then I got stuck on the second boss and now I can’t progress.

I also don’t like Don’t Starve. I tried it on steam, but had to refund it after an hour. I loved the art style, but the game play was too difficult and not fun. I don‘t mind dying a lot, but it was annoying to start all over at the beginning each time.

There are a lot more games I don’t like because I have very particular taste and most games are simply too difficult for me, so I’ve only mentioned the games I’ve actually tried to play.

Splatfest!
Post automatically merged:

OMG THATS SO TRUE. I still play but mostly just regular battles. I am so confused how these random grown adults are raging and acting like this game is so intense and scary when its just a fun game! I love it when people have fun but when you play it just to be rude or act like you such a pro and everyone else is dumb then its not good anymore :(
I'm a little late to this but I don't really care that much. In regular battles half of the time there's people who are trying so hard to kill everyone without getting ink on the ground- Maybe I'm just not very good, but it's why I dislike Splatoon for the players. I still enjoy the story mode a lot though!! It's really fun

The entire Danganronpa trilogy. I know everyone bashes the third game, but they’re honestly all bad Ace Attorney knock offs.
LOL yeah I can see why you think Danganronpa is pretty bad. I think the entire point of the games is to make the killings deliberately done anyway. But I don't really consider it to be an AA knock-off since DR is a killing game, compared to AA which is a lawyer game. Both have similar aspects with the trials and stuff, but y'know, courtroom drama isn't a new genre at all. Nevertheless, I generally dislike these logic-based games because of the gaping holes and the weird evidences. Ace Attorney had its fair share of terrible cases and evidence (like that receipt thing Mia wrote on in I think the very 2nd case of the series, or when Phoenix was about to lose or something but Franziska came barging in the courtroom at the last second with some new evidence lol). Danganronpa also had some questionable logic too. Deus Ex Machina is both their best friend.

I still pretty much love the stories and the characters for both series, but their gameplay gets on my nerve more often than it probably should.

(Also I want to personally disown whatever the hell that DRV3 ending was. It does not exist. I do not see it. Also, Kaito is annoying as hell and I wish he wasn't a sidekick at all. Fade into obscurity forever, Kaito.)

Pokemon D/P/P, Pokemon X/Y, Zelda Majora's Mask are all I can think of at the moment.

I don't care for Donkey Kong but I wouldn't say I dislike them.

I never got into Civ or Stellaris. I just don't have the patience to get to the stuff where prople talk about things going crazy. Maybe if a friend can sit by me and tell me stuff I might find joy in it. Thats how I got into Morrowind. A friend of mine reccomended I get Morrowind. I tried it out and I died to a damn rat. I gave up on the game. I told same friend about it and started a new game and he told me things to help. After that I was enjoying myself

roguelike deckbuilder card games. who actually enjoys playing these?
Dicey Dungeons is pretty fun.

I like DDLC because I played before the big YouTubers touched it (some people in college told me to try it out). I got to discuss the stuff about it with people and I felt like I was apart of a fad and happy about it.

LOL yeah I can see why you think Danganronpa is pretty bad. I think the entire point of the games is to make the killings deliberately done anyway. But I don't really consider it to be an AA knock-off since DR is a killing game, compared to AA which is a lawyer game. Both have similar aspects with the trials and stuff, but y'know, courtroom drama isn't a new genre at all. Nevertheless, I generally dislike these logic-based games because of the gaping holes and the weird evidences. Ace Attorney had its fair share of terrible cases and evidence (like that receipt thing Mia wrote on in I think the very 2nd case of the series, or when Phoenix was about to lose or something but Franziska came barging in the courtroom at the last second with some new evidence lol). Danganronpa also had some questionable logic too. Deus Ex Machina is both their best friend.

I still pretty much love the stories and the characters for both series, but their gameplay gets on my nerve more often than it probably should.

(Also I want to personally disown whatever the hell that DRV3 ending was. It does not exist. I do not see it. Also, Kaito is annoying as hell and I wish he wasn't a sidekick at all. Fade into obscurity forever, Kaito.)
Im a bit iffy on V3s ending. I can understand why people hate it. I liked Kaito because of a certain thing

Same, I can appreciate some of the art especially for amiibos but I have no interest in trying either of the games nor GI.

The only games I hate are Bayonetta and The Witcher 3, largely for the same reason but I don’t want to get into that here.

And as far as disliking games…the new Harvest Moon games are probably the main thing on the list (not Story of Seasons, they’re doing better). The old games were so good and now that studio just churns them out with horrible gameplay and graphics. At least Stardew Valley came along and blew the roof off the genre 😊

Back