• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your personal style?

KitchenWhisk

Bells
Tasty Cake
Has anyone noticed that they've developed a specific style, or that they use certain items a lot (using one floor way more than others, or always have teddy bears in their rooms, etc.)? Can you tell that you designed the room, even when you're catering to your client's wishes?

Ah yes! I always put plants and flowers in the rooms! There is almost always some sort of food or drink too, usually coffee or tea. If it's summer or tropical themed, they always get the fruit drink or whatever it is.

To answer my own question: I don't think my themed buildings have any recognizable style, but if an animal asks me for a normal house-house, they're probably gonna end up with five different patterns mashed together.
tumblr_nvc3unZDF91uhp3hno1_400.jpg
tumblr_nvi7ftapJj1uhp3hno1_400.jpg
tumblr_nvk0eeaNnL1uhp3hno1_400.jpg
tumblr_nvm8e7lUym1uhp3hno2_400.jpg
tumblr_nvvndfOPrm1uhp3hno2_400.jpg
Also, I swear I use the red tile wall/floor in like half my designs.

Every house I design tends to have tables with little items laying around. It makes the house feel more lived in when things like books/toys/etc are everywhere :3

I use a lot of book items and plants for some reason ahaha

I absolutely have a style and I challenge myself by trying not to make carbon copies of other rooms. I had the same problem on the sims lol. IDK I just like what I like.

Last edited:
I don't have HHD yet, but when I'm designing my own house, I tend to have a central theme in each room. My old game cartridge (which I lost) had five rooms, and the main one was a mishmash of chairs and wall ornaments. My right room was my minimalist office, with a big bookshelf, some desks, and one of those executive toys. My left room was striped furniture and plants, with my mannequin from Sable and my back-up outfit, and a big old Papa bear toy. My back room had all my purple sleek furniture, and was kind of empty, because I was still working on it. My top room was my lucky clover, and all the gyroids I'd found.

I tend towards loads of plants and wooden floors. And tea. The tiny sparrow's nest is bcoming a fast favourite. If I see a lot of similar-type rooms for particular villagers (like Diana's serene space or the October theme challenge), I try to twist it and do something different. Beau and his picnic, for example, has a nighttime indoor space and his back room is set up for competition: Picnic Club. The first rule of Picnic Club...

I tend to keep stuff except for tables away from the center of the room. I like putting furniture around the perimiter cause I like walking space.

Every house I've done has a picture of Iwata-san in it. My island in Tomodachi Life has his Mii in it as well. My little memorium to him.

I tend to keep stuff except for tables away from the center of the room. I like putting furniture around the perimiter cause I like walking space.

I do that too.

I also use plants a lot. And the one hanging light, the wood one. I use that all the time @_@; I tend to use wood floors all the time as well. As well, I also always try and make it a normal looking house (unless it has a theme like cafe or something).

Has anyone noticed that they've developed a specific style, or that they use certain items a lot (using one floor way more than others, or always have teddy bears in their rooms, etc.)? Can you tell that you designed the room, even when you're catering to your client's wishes?

Yes.

I tend to have function win out more than form.

I keep making sure that the villagers have a kitchen and/or bedroom. In a small number of cases, I included a bathroom as a substitute.

It appears that I cannot, in good conscience, have the majority of villagers not be able to cook or sleep or go to the bathroom. (I've even had outdoor kitchens!)

I use glass partitions a lot to create the feel of more than one thing going on at once in each room

I could not deny Tammy

Adding to what I mentioned: The Uchi bear cub Tammy wanted a Halloween-themed house. I gave her one. But, I couldn't deny her?cooking. So, I sectioned off a tiny kitchen to a small area of her main room. She also gets a bedroom. This is an example why it may have been better to let there be three rooms for which we can design interior houses in "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer."

Tammy

HNI_0037.JPG

HNI_0029.JPG

HNI_0034.JPG

Adding to what I mentioned: The Uchi bear cub Tammy wanted a Halloween-themed house. I gave her one. But, I couldn't deny her…cooking. So, I sectioned off a tiny kitchen to a small area of her main room. She also gets a bedroom. This is an example why it may have been better to let there be three rooms for which we can design interior houses in "Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer."

You can have three rooms.
I have a house with five rooms, because I made the main room enormous and then sectioned it off with interior walls
(0702-7741-463, if you wanna have a look-see)

You can have three rooms.
I have a house with five rooms, because I made the main room enormous and then sectioned it off with interior walls
(0702-7741-463, if you wanna have a look-see)

I wonder how you get these codes?

I haven't noticed with any of my rooms.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, I do have sectioned off rooms (as you can see with the pics I have from this thread):

@ http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?310367-Happy-Home-Designer-Screenshot-Thread&p=5630053&viewfull=1#post5630053

I love mixing patterns and sets, and most of my interiors are cluttered within an inch of their lives. I also love using the red tartanish rug everywhere, as well as orange and apple boxes. The real "trademark" of my style, if there is one, is that I no longer take clients who want me to use the mermaid or princess sets, because I find them so ugly that I can't get inspired. :( After struggling to finish Peggy's house, I just said "no more."

The real "trademark" of my style, if there is one, is that I no longer take clients who want me to use the mermaid or princess sets, because I find them so ugly that I can't get inspired. :( After struggling to finish Peggy's house, I just said "no more."

A lot of the furniture that I can't customize is kind of uninspiring, imo. I have Cookie's house sitting around in shambles until I get the flower/bug stuff so I can do a "dollhouse furniture that someone dumped in the back yard" look because I can't do the princess series by itself.

Back