• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Obama's Immigrant Plan

Bells
Winter Mittens
July Birthstone (Ruby)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Cake
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
Red Candy
Cake
Cake
Cake
Tonight president Barack Obama revealed a new plan to control illegal immigration. His new plan now allows illegal immigrants to stay in America under these conditions:
-Must have stayed in America for the last 5 years
-Family in born in America
-Must pay taxes
-Cannot have any crime records

I'm personally glad for this change, many have been supporting immigrants and I'm grateful that their wishes have been granted. Your thoughts about Obama's plan?

Last edited:
-Family born in America
Provide specifics on this parameter please?

I love progressive immigration reform and this is certainly a step in the right direction, but I can't help but assume that Congress will use these attempts at legislation that doesn't suck and won't immediately die in the House subcommittees to propagate the idea that Obama overuses executive power and that the Democrats are advocates of "big government". God forbid the big bad government try to get something done and help people!
"We'll kill off this legislation and restore power to the legislature! Down with (quasi-)monarchy!" is certainly something they're saying to get any sort of socially progressive immigration reform off of the floor. Grrrr...
Not to mention that the nature of executive action will nullify any and all of this when Obama is phased out of office...

Last edited:
As long as you've been breaking the law for 5 years straight, you may continue breaking the law. I wonder if they'll come out with something like that for drugs? As long as you've been sniffing blow for 5 years, you may continue to do it unabated by the government.

Waste of time and money. Why the **** would the illegals want to get documented just so they can get taxed more and go through the lengthy process of becoming an american citizen? I mean seriously? How naive is obama? And as mentioned by the earlier post, if these policies wont last whats the point? And his appeal to "America being founded on immigration" is so stupid it's funny. Yeah that was 100 years ago. We don't need illegals loading up on social programs and just bringing along all of this racial tolerance and bilingual programs and ****. Immigrants built the country. This country has been built. We don't need more people for god's sake. Thats just such a ridiculous excuse. Any job, and position held by an illegal will be replaced by just some other drone. This is all sweet and stuff but wanting to make America a special, "let's be friends and where you too can be an American" motto is destructive. But that is just not how things work. Does he think things will change? Not to mention that he thinks he can overhaul the legislation and employ laws when he wants to? Yeah right. America is going off the rails to kiss everyone's ass and i'm sick of it.

Waste of time and money. Why the **** would the illegals want to get documented just so they can get taxed more and go through the lengthy process of becoming an american citizen? I mean seriously? How naive is obama? And as mentioned by the earlier post, if these policies wont last whats the point? And his appeal to "America being founded on immigration" is so stupid it's funny. Yeah that was 100 years ago. We don't need illegals loading up on social programs and just bringing along all of this racial tolerance and bilingual programs and ****. Immigrants built the country. This country has been built. We don't need more people for god's sake. Thats just such a ridiculous excuse. Any job, and position held by an illegal will be replaced by just some other drone. This is all sweet and stuff but wanting to make America a special, "let's be friends and where you too can be an American" motto is destructive. But that is just not how things work. Does he think things will change? Not to mention that he thinks he can overhaul the legislation and employ laws when he wants to? Yeah right. America is going off the rails to kiss everyone's ass and i'm sick of it.

Compared to where they might be coming from, it's a miracle. I am an immigrant, coming here with my parents at the age of 3, and a US citizen for almost 10 years now. What would you know about all this? What would you know about the conditions that those immigrants are facing back "home"? And how can you be so prejudice against them? Are they doing anything to harm you? No. They just want a better live for themselves -- for their families. And keep in mind, there are people immigrating from the US to elsewhere, just as immigrants are coming in. Are the other countries complaining? NO. Do they argue that they should be kicked out, that they shouldn't be allowed to become citizens? NO. I believe YOU to be the naive one here, not Obama. Obama is working for the welfare of the people -- currently a citizen or not -- and you're just taking advantage of it, thinking you're obligated to have it your way. That sounds really selfish of you, what you've said. He's working for the people -- for the common welfare -- NOT for the individual.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Although, I will add this. My family and I were NOT illegal immigrants -- we were documented and had everything in order, so it's a bit of a different story. But the moral of the "story" is still the same.

Last edited:
Some people come to the US or UK and start having several kids so they can get benefits.

Still, the same idea applies. You don't know of the living conditions that they face back "home". I, personally, come from a previously bankrupt country, just out of the Soviet occupation. Life sucked there. It still kind of does, every time I go back to visit family. There is literally nothing. The conditions here are so much better than many of the places back there, and that might prove to be the same situation for those coming in now.

Still, the same idea applies. You don't know of the living conditions that they face back "home". I, personally, come from a previously bankrupt country, just out of the Soviet occupation. Life sucked there. It still kind of does, every time I go back to visit family. There is literally nothing. The conditions here are so much better than many of the places back there, and that might prove to be the same situation for those coming in now.

So instead of trying to make your home country better, go to a better country so you don't have to try.

I absolutely hate it. It's not fair to the actually legal people here. Now, America feels more like a dictatorship instead of Democracy. I KNEW Romney would do better, I just KNEW it! It's a huge problem also, because I live in Texas, a state that's practically being invaded by illegal immigrants now.

I absolutely hate it. It's not fair to the actually legal people here. Now, America feels more like a dictatorship instead of Democracy. I KNEW Romney would do better, I just KNEW it! It's a huge problem also, because I live in Texas, a state that's practically being invaded by illegal immigrants now.
Wasn;t America being invaded by immigrants when ya'll came from Europe :lemon:

You do realize you can't just get a bankrupt country back on its feet with the snap of your fingers, right? These things take time. And although that was not the case back when we moved out, it's picking back up now. Sure, it's not great, but it's getting there. And it isn't at all to do with the people. The economy there itself sucks. They're transitioning to using the Euro as its national currency, because things have just turned to ****. It isn't a matter of whether or not someone "tries". The citizens have tried. The country has tried. It's not as easy as that, you know.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why don't you just move to another state if you don't like it there? Why not Utah or something.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wasn;t America being invaded by immigrants when ya'll came from Europe :lemon:

So true. ^ There really shouldn't be any complaint of this matter at all. The exact same situation happened when this country even BECAME "America".

If I could make a country become great again, I'd snap my fingers for America.

- - - Post Merge - - -

5 million "authorized workers." We haven't created that many new jobs in the last five years, never mind that this exceeds his legal abilities as president by leaps and bounds. God Bless America.

Yeah, Obama really acted like he's a dictator. He forced Obamacare through Congress, told the Supreme Court to not overturn any key point, did actions without approval (remember the prisoner swap?), and tries to get as much control as he can.

Well, there weren't laws back then about Illegal Immigrants.

What makes it any different from now? The same idea still applies, except that the government just sees itself as the "head honcho", the "big boss" and can control everything that goes on. Government might have been more lenient back when this country first started out, but who says that anything's changed. The fact of the matter is, is that it's unethical to put restrictions like these into place.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, Obama really acted like he's a dictator. He forced Obamacare through Congress, told the Supreme Court to not overturn any key point, did actions without approval (remember the prisoner swap?), and tries to get as much control as he can.

Maybe because he's looking out for the WELFARE of the PEOPLE! That includes the homeless, the immigrants, and everything in between!

everyone in america are immigrants except the native americans so why are we complaining

Me too. Romney would do better...

Back