• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your newbie mistakes when you started ACNL

I picked a horrible town layout, and I chose it because is had a long, crazy river. xD
And I placed the police station, cafe, campsite and my house in awful spots.

Town layout, mayor face (mostly because I didn't know that there were guide to choose it, but I'm fine with my generic face), house's placement, selling non reorderable things, and selling fishes & insects rather than giving them to museum.

sold perfect fruit rather than planting lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and mayor face lol i hated that default-default hair.

Trying to pick up items with B when I first started playing. It took me a while to break that habit, but now, whenever I play Wild World, I always try to pick up items or pull weeds with Y, which just ends up pausing the game instead.

I had no idea that I could invite in campsite villagers. I had Stitches in the campsite once and didn't know he could move in.

-Sold just about everything I put in my pocket for bells (except for things like shovel, net, etc.)
-Pushed my villagers
-Sold non native fruit
-Put no money in my savings account
-Wasted my money a lot
-Possibly sold a perfect apple (idk for sure but then another one appeared a couple months later)
-Many other things

Didn't reset for a good town map/prettier mayor.
Placed my mayor house in an awful spot out of rage because the spot I really wanted was occupied with Dotty's house.
Ate my perfect peach, I immediatly realized I probably made a mistake as my mayor was chomping it down.
Placed my caf? near a bridge before replacing the bridge to another style, now I don't want to risk replacing it because if I can't replace it in the same spot I will have a stroke.

Like every average noob

I ate the perfect cherry I had though also just flippin buying everything in the shops

For a while I just sold every bug and fish I caught. When I started donating to the museum, I had to go back and check which species I hadn't donated yet even though they were logged as species I'd caught before. The bells did make a difference to me when I was starting out, but having fewer bells a day to save my future self the hassle would have been worth it.

The first time the turnip lady showed up in my town, I spent most of my money on turnips. I don't know why I did that. Then of course, I time travelled back one hour to visit a shop before I sold them and they all ended up rotting.

It also took me a while to figure out why coconuts and bananas wouldn't grow in my town at all or why cedars would die when I planted them on the bottom half of my map.

I thought you could use the d-pad to walk, it took me a while to get used to using the circle pad

Well, when I got the shaved ice lamp, I didn't know it was rare and unorderable, so I sold it. But when I played the gamecube animal crossing for the first time, I didn't know what those leafs were for (Yeah I know its kinda stupid lol) And I was so surprised when it turned into a piece of furniture in my house XD

Edit: Also, awhile after playing acnl. I put the resetti surveillance thing in such an awful spot and thought it wouldn't be seen that much since there was a tree kind of it front of it, but now the tree is gone and Olivia lives a few spots ahead of it and the resetti surveillance is now in the middle of my path to my retail. (I didn't have a path when I bought the resetti surveillance though)

Wait... The shaved ice lamp is rare? Oops

I had the cedar issue trying to plant them, also trying to plant things right smack up on buildings.
I was really frustrated a first not being able to plant trees directly next to my campsite. I played WW as well but it had been years since I got NL so it was basically like starting new.

I think I sold my perfect fruit the first time around as well x-x"

I started walking slow, cause I didn't know how to run.
Let go one of my dearest villagers & Ate my first perfect fruit instead of planting it ;w;

Another thing that I've just remembered: I didn't know how to take pictures, so I had to wait until one of my villagers told me. This means that I don't have pictures of a bunch of moments like the town tree ceremony.

Back