• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Will the amiibo update to New Leaf entice you to pick up and trade amiibo cards ?

Will the New Leaf amiibo update entice you to buy AC amiibo cards ?

• Yes - I will start collecting some of them

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Not really

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • I will have to think about it / Maybe

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I have already completed my AC amiibo collection

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I'll be collecting more cards with the best I can. Even if I find collecting fun, I'll only be needing my dreamies' cards for this game.

Im super excited for this update, convincing me to buy the reader and start collecting cards!
Im my 2nd town I may just turn that into a side town w/o the cycle and create a whole new dreamie list

I'll probably collect my dream villagers, especially if the cards bypass the 16 villager cycle.

Not sure at the moment. Waiting to see if it is actually the same as HHD or if the villagers just give you certain items when you scan them maybe? Think I will probably still use the VTP for my villagers anyway to be honest. Saves spending my actual money on the game. Excited for the update in general though. May buy a couple of packs to test them or but pretty sure I won't be collecting them all or anything

I nearly have all 4 series of the cards collected. I'm looking forward to trying out this new update.

I don't really see myself doing it. Everyone keeps talking about how they think it will kill the villager trading market and everyone will just buy cards instead, but I really don't get that? Since the cards are random, wouldn't it be just as likely to find your favorite villagers as resetting for them? I guess people are planning to sell and buy cards but idk.....I guess I just feel like straight up buying villagers you like with real money kinda takes the fun out of it?

I might buy a few packs of cards though, because cards are fun. I've been thinking about maybe making a coffee table display for them or something C:

I have a couple of the sets completed already, so I'm definitely looking forward to trading and buying more! Loads better than lurking the Villager Trading Plaza as well. Sounds good to me!

uh no not really, at least unless it adds some Really cool featured. i don't really care about adopting villagers, and the cards are super expensive so meh :| would rather spend my money on something else

I collect the cards so this is so cool!! It makes finding dreamies so much easier!! I can't wait to see how this goes!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't really see myself doing it. Everyone keeps talking about how they think it will kill the villager trading market and everyone will just buy cards instead, but I really don't get that? Since the cards are random, wouldn't it be just as likely to find your favorite villagers as resetting for them? I guess people are planning to sell and buy cards but idk.....I guess I just feel like straight up buying villagers you like with real money kinda takes the fun out of it?

I might buy a few packs of cards though, because cards are fun. I've been thinking about maybe making a coffee table display for them or something C:

You can also find specific cards on Ebay but while there are some good priced ones, there are over priced ones too so you gotta be careful!

Has any of you already went out to buy cards because of this announcement.

I might get some, but I do not think I plan to go out and actively trade for the cards.

No, I already have all my dreamies, so unless these cards negate the 16-villager cycle (in the off-chance someone moves), I'm not buying.

Yes! I've just started a new town, and since I don't have much time lately, I probably won't have most of my dreamies by the time fall rolls around. This'll make it a lot easier to get them without having to spend hours in the villager plaza/resetting in-game.
I am very curious as to how the 16-villager cycle will be affected, though, and a possible correlation between the app & the new update. How many cards I'll end up buying depends on what my town is like come autumn.
secretly hoping the cards can void the 16-villager cycle, Lol

Definitely. I'm super excited them getting amiibo support now. I just wonder what you can use the special character cards/figures for?

Last edited:
Why is there no option for "as soon as I found out about the update I started ordering cards on ebay"? x)

(that's what I did. before that I had none as I don't own HHD)

I was already buying them, but then I stop.

So...I'm going to start buying them again..

I only need a few more for Series 1 and then Series 4 I haven't started collecting yet, but I think it will get more people to seek them out especially since you'll be able to get the villagers you want, so I'm sure it will be easier for some people to just try to buy the 10 cards they want and get their perfect line-up. =D Then again it will also probably start more people who cycle and sell villagers to get all the popular villagers into their towns just to sell so that will be kind of a downer. BUT for us who like unusual and not super popular villagers it will be easier to obtain them since people usually auto-void them. -_-

Back