• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Will the amiibo update to New Leaf entice you to pick up and trade amiibo cards ?

Will the New Leaf amiibo update entice you to buy AC amiibo cards ?

• Yes - I will start collecting some of them

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Not really

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • I will have to think about it / Maybe

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I have already completed my AC amiibo collection

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boccages

Bells
Switch
0347-4629-2695
Silver Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
Now that Nintendo has announced that they will update Animal Crossing: New Leaf with amiibo support, will it entices you to buy and swap Animal Crossing amiibo cards ?

Using an amiibo card will enable you to make a character move into your New Leaf town it seems. The update will follow suite this autumn, most probably around the launch of the Animal Crossing mobile app.
CnzyNgWXgAALQXz.jpg

Pretty straightforward question.

I'm not sure yet. I do have HHD and play it a lot, but I never bought any Amiibo card.

As for my main town, I already have my dreamies and I don't think I'll buy cards for this town... But thinking of it, as the Villager Trading Plaza will probably slowly die, I might reset my cycling town... And use it to make a second town, which would be really cool. Maybe I'll buy cards for this second town, I don't know yet. It depends if I erase my cycling town or not.

Last edited:
Yes. Scanning an amiibo card will be easier than lurking for the right character on the Villaper Trading Plaza. I can also see this fizzling into nonexistence while the amiibo trading Post Officie will pick up activity.

ehh i'm not into this, i'd rather get random move-ins instead of using amiibos for some reason ?? it makes it feel more like animal crossing i guess. idk, i'm probably in the minority, but i'm really not feeling it and i most likely will stay as far away from it as possible

aww sweet! this will make getting my Owl City town faster! i already have a few eagle amiibo cards

- - - Post Merge - - -

Possibly!!! It'll almost definitely make me buy the Squid Sister amiibos.

lol that would be awesome if they could move in! they would be so cute in ACNL! i already have them

I am going to have to pick up the NFC reader separately then if I do decide to take advantage of the update.

And for the love of Wisp, can please have at least 15 villagers again?

I'm not horribly interested in buying them. I don't think it's worth spending money on the cards when there's only a slim chance of getting one of the villagers I want. Trading cards would be very impractical for me too because international shipping takes ages (and adds costs) and there are few TBT users that live in the same country as I do. In most cases, the cards wouldn't be a faster way of obtaining villagers than getting them from Villager Trading Plaza. Chances are that it'd be even slower for me than using VTP. There don't seem to be any positives. So unless Nintendo introduces other new features with the cards (like being able to control where the villager in the card moves), I'm not going to buy any. And even if they do, I wouldn't be making a habit out of it.

Eehh I'll wait and see how much my friends/ other people like it, then I might buy one or two but I do like the labor of trying to find your dreamies. (well not really but you get what i mean)

I already have about almost half of them at this point, but I'm still looking to get more. With this update, it gives me a better reason to try to get them all. <3

I've nearly finished my collection, with just 6 or 7 cards left to collect. I'm excited because I'll be able to get the villagers I want but have had a hard time finding. Although I'll be more excited if the HHD furniture is available too. There are pieces in that game that I wish I could use in ACNL.

No for me. I don't have an endless supply of money and I've already paid for 2 copies of ACNL. I think it's a good idea from Nintendo's perspective though since HHD wasn't very popular and now they have all of these amiibo cards that no one wants.

i started it with the first two series but then stopped because i had no money for it xD
but now i will start to buy them again! im soooo excited! i dont want to complete it but i want to have my dreamies <3

I am going to have to pick up the NFC reader separately then if I do decide to take advantage of the update.

And for the love of Wisp, can please have at least 15 villagers again?

I'm really hoping that more villager slots are part of this update too!!! 15 or 16 might be too many villagers considering that you want to have room for them all on the limited map space, but maybe having it be 11 or 12 would be an improvement!

For sure. I'm a nerd and collector and still treasure my pokemon cards. I will be all over those Amiibo cards. I think I'd like the entire set.

If one of my dreamies moves, then yes :3 I wonder if you'll have to cycle 16 villagers before they work, though.

I didn't get HHD as I didn't care for the trailer they showed instore. Moving furniture isn't something I like in NL, and whilst it looked significantly improved in HHD, it just looked very basic and not my thing really. I was so disappointed. But I randonly saw a different trailer for it a couple nights ago and completely changed my mind when I saw you can put furniture *outside* ... I sat there enthralled much to my partner's amusement! So I'd already decided to get it ASAP. And now this...

Yeah. I'll be getting all the cards. All the amiibo figurines. Everything. I'm not much of a "collector" but when I choose to do so, I go all in. I'd probably have decided to get everything once I got HHD, assuming I didn't hate the game. But now there's no question except where I start : with the ones currently one sale, from the beginning, or everything at once?

:D

Back