• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I Visited Every RV - A New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo Photographic Retrospective

kiwikenobi

GONE FROM TBT
Bells
With the 3DS servers shutting down in a few months, I was feeling nostalgic, and I thought I'd post my collection of screenshots of my New Leaf mayor visiting every RV in the game. I visited all of these RV's and took these screenshots in late 2016 and early 2017, and nearly all of them were in other people's towns. The game was very popular at that time, so I had little trouble finding people who would let me visit the RV's that I had no access to myself. It was an exciting time for New Leaf. Here are my souvenir photos of my mayor in what I'm pretty sure is every single RV in the game, both for others to enjoy if they haven't seen what all of the RV's look like, and just to have it as a sort of record of what things were like in those days.

"Ahh... the days of my youth... like the scent of fresh lemon..." you see. ;)

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.14.39 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.14.50 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.15.03 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.15.14 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.15.29 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.15.39 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.15.48 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.15.56 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.16.05 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.16.14 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.16.24 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-11-26 at 11.16.33 PM.jpg

I love the effort you put into this so much -I must bug you with questions!

- Did you visit multiple RVs in a day? I see cool repeat outfits. (;
- What places (belltree?) did you go to ask for rv visits? (If you're ok with sharing any)
- What were the trickiest rvs to hunt down?
- You ever run into other players visiting a town for the RVs too?

I'm sad I didn't play New leaf in its heyday and have this sort of experience, so tysm for sharing these pics and giving a newer player insight into what it was like to play back then! ~ACNL forever~

@leafturnedover Those are all excellent questions!

I did sometimes visit multiple RV's in one day, but I also had a small handful of favorite outfits that I usually wore, so I most definitely wore the same outfit on multiple days.

Mostly I visited people on GameFAQ's. I was on there a lot before I came here. But I liked it so much better here that I basically immigrated here and never went back. ^o^;>

The special event ones were the hardest by far, because my understanding of them is that you could only get those RV's by going to a Japanese 7-11 store when they had a special promotion for a limited time, and then the RV would disappear once the date rolled over, and you couldn't get it back except by downloading it from the event again. I'm sure the ones I visited were, shall we say, not brought into being in that town by the intended method. ^o^;>

And yes, frequently there were multiple people going through other people's towns in those days, people coming and going all the time, especially when people would open up their towns specifically to share their RV's with people.

Back