• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who's your favourite villager from each species?

- Alligators: Drago. I think he has a really cool look to him, and I like the scales on the side of his head that makes him look dragon-like!

- Anteaters: Annalisa. I love her colors and her eyes.

- Bears: Chow. I love the way they made his cheeks look chunky.

- Birds: Piper. I don’t really like birds, but she’s got a cool aesthetic and colors.

- Bulls: Rodeo. His eyes, his horns, everything. I might have him in my town, not sure yet.

- Cats: this is hard for me as cats are my favorite. I would say Katt is #1. Her personality is awesome, and I love her look too. She’s bada**. I had her in my new leaf town and she did and said so many things I loved. I also like her house. Kiki is a close second, because she’s such a sweetheart.

- Chickens: Becky, I think her purple colors are pretty.

- Cows: tipper. There isn’t a lot of cows to choose from, and she looks nice.

- Cubs: stitches. I’ve loved him since I added him to my spooky town in new leaf! He’s adorable.

- Deer: Shino. She’s new, but I really like her look, and am happy she’s a peppy villager.

- Dog: Cherry. She’s one of my favorites. I love her personality, style, look, and house!

- Duck: okay, this is weird but quillson. He moved into my town in new leaf and I hated him at first and just wanted him to leave. But as I got to know him I realized I really liked him. When I revamped my town, I was actually really sad when he moved out!

- Eagle: Amelia. I really like her colors, and I had her in my original AC gamecube town.

- Elephant: I don’t really like elephants, but Cyd looks cool.

- Frog: Ribbot. A frog robot!

- Goat: Chevre because I had her in my original AC gamecube town and she has cute eyes.

- Gorilla: All of the gorillas kind of look weird to me, but if I had to choose one I’d choose Cesar.

- Hamster: Hamphrey, I love his little angry eyebrows.

- Hippo: Biff, I like his color with the purple ears.

- Horse: Roscoe. I think he’s really cool looking and I like his personality, house, style and colors. I had him in NL, I’m considering having him in my NH town.

- Kangaroo: Mathilda. She’s one of the only snooty villagers I can stand. Her colors are so cool, and her baby is so cute!

- Koala: I haven’t tried any out, but ozzy looks pretty cute.

- Lion: Leopold, he was in my town for a brief time in NL and I liked him!

- Mouse: mice are my least favorite, but I would try Petri out because of their outfit.

- Monkey: tiangsheng. I know they just came out but I really like the way they look and want to try them out in my town.

- Octopus: Octavian. I had a good connection with him when he lived in my new leaf town. He did a lot of sweet things for me and wrote me some nice letters, plus I really liked his space house.

- Ostrich: Phoebe because of her beauty colors and tail feathers, and I love sisterly villagers.

- Penguin: Cube, I like that he shares a birthday with me! He was one of my favorites in AC gamecube version.

- Pig: Rasher. I like his scars and remember coming up with funny backstories about him with my friends.

- Rabbit: Dotty. She’s super sweet and I’ve really connected with her in NH. Mira is a close second, she’s happened to be one of the first villagers in almost every town I’ve started since city folk.

- Rhino: Spike, because I like his scars and golden colors.

- Sheep: muffy is precious and I love everything about her! Her colors, personality, everything.

- Squirrel: pecan. She’s another snooty villager i can stand, because she’s just so cool looking.

- Tiger: Rolf. I connected with him in my NH town and I’ve had a hard time deciding if I should let him move. The inside of his house is really cool and I like hanging out in there.

- Wolf: Fang. I’ve got a really soft spot for him - I love his house, and the smug personality. He’s a sweetheart.

I'm very nosy when it comes to favourite villagers, so loving this thread!
As of 16/11/21:

• Alligator: Roswell. I think he is aesthetically very pretty, and I love the way his eyes move. Before he was reintroduced to New Horizons it was Gayle.
  • Anteater: Pango. Best anteater. I love her bold colouring and stylish home.
  • Bear: Chow. Didn't even have to think about it. I will never not love a cranky pink panda going around ending nearly every sentence with aiya.
  • Bird: Admiral. There are no other birds (in my eyes). Only Admiral. I knew it the moment I walked into the tent and saw that furrowed brow, it was solidified when out of this tiny green bird a deep animalese voice came out.
  • Bull: Stu. He is my favourite shade of blue, and I spent far too many hours just having my character sit on his dirt floor so I could pretend he was reading to me.
  • Cat: Stinky. I just love his design. He has a wrestling mask that makes most people think he has underwear on his head, and he's called Stinky. Just the coolest cat.
  • Chicken: Ava. I just like her design.
  • Cow: Norma. She's a pink cow, and so incredibly sweet. I loved giving her pretty dresses to change into.
  • Cub: Chester. He's a little panda cub. I love his face.
  • Deer: Bam. He was my first deer villager, so nostalgia makes him my favourite.
  • Dog: Daisy. I love her colour scheme, and she looks adorable.
  • Duck: Freckles. You can't not like Freckles. Looking at her always makes me smile.
  • Eagle: Buzz. I feel he doesn't get as much attention as the other cranky Eagles, and that's a shame. He is lovely.
  • Elephant: Tucker. I just love the fact he's a mammoth.
  • Frog: Jambette. She is a kind hearted soul who rocks what the developers gave her.
  • Goat: Velma. Have you seen her? She's pink, with a goatee, and lives in a house filled with books (or, you know, book wallpaper. close enough)
  • Gorilla: Rocket. She's just a superhero living her best life.
  • Hamster: Clay. He's a very unique design, and since HHP I cannot imagine him as being anything other than a dorky lover of all things macabre.
  • Hippo: Bertha. I like her so much my Pocket Camp character is named after her. She hands down looks like the sweetest hippo.
  • Horse: Peaches. She's pink, and has crosses for eyes. Her whole appearance screams soft toy horse and I'm here for it.
  • Kangaroo: Walt. Just the best Kangaroo. The cranky personality makes him a real winner.
  • Koala: Alice. Every time she speaks I just imagine her accent to be a really, really bad English (cockney) accent, and it amuses me.
  • Lion: Rory. I just like him the best out of all the lions.
  • Monkey: Shari. Again I just like her the best out of all the monkeys.
  • Mouse: Candi. Though someone pointed out her cheeks look like eyes, so now I can't look at her without seeing that.
  • Octopus: Marina. I'm not a huge octopi fan, but she ticks the pink box so she's my favourite.
  • Ostrich: Flora. She's a flamingo, and whilst I don't like her New Horizons interior (much prefer the starter home furniture for her!) she has a lovely home in New Leaf. Also she's pink, and looks great in pretty cloths, so she's the natural favourite.
  • Penguin: Puck. Look. He's a lazy pink penguin with a passion for sport. I really don't understand why he's not more popular.
  • Pig: Maggie. I've never met a pig in game, but Maggie is the one that speaks to me aesthetically.
  • Rabbit: Cole. He's my lucky black rabbit.
  • Rhino: Azalea. Just the best Rhino.
  • Sheep: Stella. Following a trend here, she's pink and that makes her best sheep.
  • Squirrel: Nibbles. At the moment. There are a handful of squirrels I class as favourites, one for every mood!
  • Tiger: Bangle. I just like her design and colouring.
  • Wolf: Freya. Pink wolf, yes please. I have her at my campsite in Pocket Camp and she's a darling.

Last edited:
AIligator: Roswell/Pironkon
Anteater: Cyrano because he’s wearing a martial arts uniform
Bear: Curt
Bird: Sparro
Bull: Weldon
Cat: Rudy
Chicken: Ken
Cow: Norma
Cub: Aisle
Deer: Bam
Dog: Do I really have to choose? Mac
Duck: Bill
Eagle: Apollo
Elephant: Tucker
Frog: Tad
Goat: Chèvre
Gorilla: Rocket
Hamster: Rodney
Hippo: Harry
Horse: Papi
Kangaroo: Kitt
Koala: Ozzie
Lion: Bud
Monkey: Tiansheng
Octopus: Inkwell
Ostrich: Phoebe
Penguin: Puck
Pig: Hambo
Rabbit: Sasha
Rhino: Hornsby
Sheep: Woolio
Squirrel: Marshal
Tiger: Leonardo
Wolf: Chief

- Alligators: Drago! I love that he looks different from the other alligators, and looks like an actual dragon.

- Anteaters: Annalisa. Her eyes and pink blush look pretty cute.

- Bears: Tutu! She seems very sweet.

- Birds: Ace! He has a really pleasant color palette & design to look at.

- Bulls: Rodeo. He looks a bit terrifying with his red eyes which I think is neat! (And what sets him apart from other bulls.)

- Cats: Felicity! She's my favorite villager, ever since I got her as a starter villager in New Leaf. I couldn't choose any other cat villager other than her :)

- Chickens: Plucky I suppose. Her eyes are a little unsettling though.

- Cows: Norma.

- Cubs: Judy! She reminds me of cotton candy and I love that her pupils are stars.

- Deer: Shino and Deirdre have my heart! I love them so much.

- Dog: Bones! I have him on my island currently and he's a sweetheart.

- Duck: Molly. She's just adorable.

- Eagle: Apollo! His simple design is good.

- Elephant: Dizzy. I like his big ol' playful eyes.

- Frog: Lily. She's cute.

- Goat: Pashmina. I like her color palette.

- Gorilla: I really dislike the gorillas in game, but I guess I'd have to go with Violet.

- Hamster: Marlo for sure! I love his vibes.

- Hippo: Bertha.

- Horse: Papi! He's a very cute okapi c:

- Kangaroo: Kitt maybe? None of them catch my eye.

- Koala: Eugene. I just adore how smug he looks. His glasses and leather jacket really add to his character.

- Lion: Elvis.

- Mouse: Petri! I love that she looks like a scientist; her lab coat and glasses look great!

- Monkey: Shari.

- Octopus: Cephalobot! He's a robot!

- Ostrich: Blanche. She looks very elegant!

- Penguin: Iggly. His eyes looking upwards makes him look cute.

- Pig: Agnes. I like the simple black, pink & white design.

- Rabbit: Genji! I love his design.

- Rhino: Merengue! She looks like a pink pastry.

- Sheep: Muffy. She rocks that goth look.

- Squirrel: Ione. I'm a sucker for celestial things! Also I love her design, a lot.

- Tiger: Rolf. I really like cranky villagers.

- Wolf: Fang. His eye shine makes him look adorable, and yet, he's cranky! I love that combination

Alligator: Drago
Anteater: Antonio
Bear: Grizzly
Bird: Sparro
Bull: Rodeo
Cat: Ankha/Kabuki (can't decide)
Chicken: Ken
Cow: Tipper
Cub: Stitches
Deer: Shino
Dog: Lucky
Duck: Molly
Elephant: Tucker
Frog: Ribbot
Goat: Sherb
Gorilla: Hans
Hamster: Hamlet
Hippo: N/A
Horse: Julian
Kangaroo: Walt
Koala: Melba
Lion: Elvis
Monkey: Tiansheng
Mouse: Chadder
Octopus: Cephalobot
Ostrich: Phoebe
Penguin: Sprinkle
Pig: Boris
Rabbit: Coco
Rhino: Merengue
Sheep: Muffy
Squirrel: Ione
Tiger: Rolf
Wolf: Wolfgang

I like a lot of the new villagers. Not because that they are new, but because I really like their designs.

- Alligators: Alfonso is my pride and joy! I'm a sucker for the Animal Crossing movie so I love him cause of nostalgia, Wani~

- Anteaters: Antonio. I had him at some point in New Leaf and was rather fond of him :3

- Bears: If I had to pick, probably Pinky! I've never had a big bear in my town before, but she's a cute pink panda and that's good enough for me :3

- Birds: Probably Jay? I feel as though I had him at some point... I think it was City Folk or GameCube for me?

- Bulls: I guess.... Vic? Not gonna lie I'm not really "OH MY GOSH" about any of them. He has a Viking motif and that's kinda cool.

- Cats: Anyone who knows me or has seen me around knows it's my baby ROSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Huge nostalgia for her since she was my very first villager in GameCube days.

- Chickens: Ava! By winning the competition of: Yet again a villager I had at some point and became fond of LOLOL. I think she was GameCube?

- Cows: Naomi! I love her Zen aesthetic. Gives off the vibes of that scary looking Asian lady who is actually kinda sweet when you talk to her even though her advice comes off harshly sometimes.
Wow that was super specific and a mouthful 😆 Hello run on sentence.

- Cubs: Pekoe! 🥺 I had her in New Leaf as a starter and she never left. Had bamboo growing around her home and everything I love her so much. I'm happy my irl friend has her so I can still see her often, and she loves her as much as I do!~
I have Judy in New Horizons now and honestly she's also a fave. I'd say it's a tie between the two. Jusy just has that rich anime girl that laughs like "ohohohoho~" energy. Also I'm a sucker for space aesthetic man this is going on a tangent now isn't it?

- Deer: SHINO WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE THAN 10 VILLAGERS 😭 I just cant justify letting Whitney or Judy go. Me and my dumb emotional attachments.

- Dog: Walker is the sweetest baby and was my bff in City Folk.

- Duck: Gloria! Another City Folk resident!

- Eagle: Apollo wins my heart because once again, Animal Crossing Movie.

- Elephant: Margie (See above, Cherry Pie)

- Frog: I remember having Puddles in GameCube and loving her!

- Goat: Jumping on the Sherb bandwagon because I too, am a sleepy lazy babe irl. (Mostly referencing his poster).

- Gorilla: Cesar! (Refer to Apollo, Alfonso, and Margie)

- Hamster: Flurry has very pinchable cheeks 10/10

- Hippo: Bubbles has head empty energy and I love her

- Horse: Roscoe was my City Folk town's resident goth along with Tiffany. I love him~

- Kangaroo: Carrie because of GameCube nostalgia once more.

- Koala: I have a soft spot for Eugene since he was a starter in New Leaf, and my intro to Smug. I appreciate his rocker aesthetic.

- Lion: Bud because he's totally high all the time.

- Mouse: Petri now that she's a thing! Before I would've said Dora cause not gonna lie, I don't like many of the mice designs 🤣

- Monkey: I miss you, Champ :C

- Octopus: Zucker cuz tasty 😋

- Ostrich: Sandy once again riding on my nostalgic coattails of, you guessed it, Animal Forest! (Get it? It was the Japanese name for- *shot* )

- Penguin: I think I had Aurora in City Folk for awhile! She's adorable :3

- Pig: If I had to pick, Maggie!

- Rabbit: Ruby (She's amazing! I love her eyes and the whole space theme she has going on, space rabbit!)

- Rhino: Merengue came for my strawberry loving heart. I tried for so long to get her in New Leaf on here back in the day, but I always lost the auctions and contests. One day after not playing for a few years, I check my New Leaf campsite to find her there!!!
I got her to move in, but tbh I had already moved on from New Leaf, so now I can appreciate having her more in New Hor-...
IS THAT A F*honk*KING SPACE SQUIRREL?

- Sheep:
Muffy is queen goth and the only sisterly I loved at the time before the ones we have now came around.

- Squirrel: Used to be Mint cause of nostalgia, but then OH MY GOD IONE CAME STRAIGHT FOR MY HEART WITH HER AESTHETICS NINTENDO HOW COULD YOU MAKE ME REPLACE MERENGUE LIKE THAT

- Tiger:
I became pretty fond of Bianca after having her as my starting Peppy in New Horizons! Gave her to a good home though to make room for my peppy queen Rosie.

- Wolf: "A polished lady will shine brightly in any circumstance" - Whitney (Dōbutsu no Mori, 2006)

Damned if I remember how to do a proper citation I haven't been in college since the pandemic happened.
Wow I forgot how many species there were typing this out took quite some time hahaha...

If anyone has the pictures of these villagers please HMU! I like to collect them and pretend like my character has just had them from traveling throughout the years ;w;

- Alligators: Drago the Dragon

- Anteaters: Anabelle the Pangolin

- Bears: Klaus (Not a big Bear fan, but he looks cool and distinct)

- Birds: Robin

- Bulls: rodeo

- Cats: Ankha

- Chickens: Ken

- Cows: Tipper

- Cubs: Judy

- Deer: Shino

- Dog: Lucky

- Duck: Scoot

- Eagle: Avery, with Sterling being a close second

- Elephant: Tucker

- Frog: Ribbot, but Camofrog is a close second

- Goat: Chevre

- Gorilla: Boone

- Hamster: Soleil

- Hippo: Biff, I guess

- Horse: Savannah

- Kangaroo: Walt

- Koala: Eugene

- Lion: Lionel

- Monkey: Tiansheng

- Mouse: Bella

- Octopus: Octavian

- Ostrich: Phoebe

- Penguin: Hopper

- Pig: Rasher

- Rabbit: Coco

- Rhino: Merengue

- Sheep: Frita

- Squirrel: Caroline

- Tiger: Rolf

- Wolf: Fang

- Alligators: Not such a huge fan of them, but I do like Alli

- Anteaters: Zoe is kinda cool

- Bears: Charlise

- Birds: Anchovy

- Bulls: Don't have a favorite here

- Cats: Rudy, such a cutie. I also like Monique a lot

- Chickens: Knox

- Cows: Naomi is kinda cute, otherwise I don't like the cow villagers that much

- Cubs: Gonna go with Stitches here

- Deer: I actually like almost every deer, all-time favorite would be Lopez

- Dog: I would say Lucky

- Duck: Mallary

- Eagle: Frank, although I also like Quinn

- Elephant: I would say Big Top

- Frog: Kinda started to like Henry recently

- Goat: Pashmina

- Gorilla: I would say Rilla

- Hamster: A tie between Marlo and Graham

- Hippo: Hippeux, wish he wouldn't get so much hate...

- Horse: Julian

- Kangaroo: Kitt

- Koala: Don't like the koalas tbh

- Lion: Lionel

- Mouse: Petri, just love everything about her

- Monkey: Kinda like Tiansheng

- Octopus: Cephalobot

- Ostrich: Phil, followed by Phoebe

- Penguin: Started to like Chabwick more and more, he's actually kinda adorable. Also Hopper

- Pig: Kinda like Cobb

- Rabbit: Tiffany, followed by Claude on second place

- Rhino: Not really have a favorite, I don't like rhinos that much

- Sheep: Pietro, no doubt

- Squirrel: Hazel, Ione is also pretty cool

- Tiger: 100% Rolf here

- Wolf: It's a tie between Audie and Chief

Alligator: Boots. Honorable mentions for Roswell and Sly. Was so happy to hear Roswell was being brought back.
Anteater: Anabelle. Honorable mention for Zoe. Again, was so happy to hear Zoe was being brought back.
Bear: Tutu.
Bird: Peck. Honorable mention for Anchovy.
Bull: Stu. Honorable mention for Rodeo.
Cat: Mitzi.
Chicken: Ken.
Cow: Norma.
Cub: Olive.
Deer: Fauna.
Dog: Bea. Honorable mentions for Daisy and Goldie.
Duck: Deena. Honorable mentions for Freckles, Molly, and Pate.
Eagle: Amelia. Honorable mention for Celia.
Elephant: Big Top.
Frog: Prince.
Goat: Chevre. Honorable mention for Nan.
Gorilla: Peewee.
Hamster: Flurry.
Hippo: Bertha.
Horse: Cleo. Honorary mention for Elmer.
Kangaroo: Carrie.
Koala: Sydney.
Lion: Rex.
Monkey: Nana.
Mouse: Bettina.
Octopus: Marina.
Ostrich: Sandy.
Penguin: Aurora. Honorable mentions for Cube, Nobuo, and Wade.
Pig: Truffles.
Rabbit: Pippy.
Rhino: Rhonda.
Sheep: Stella.
Squirrel: Sylvana.
Tiger: Bangle.
Wolf: Lobo.

Alligator: Alfonso
Anteater: Annalisa
Bear: Pinky, Honorable mention for Grizzly, Teddy and Tutu
Bird: Twiggy
Bull: Rodeo
Cat: Bob, Honorable mention for Felicity, Kiki and Rosie
Chicken: Plucky, Honorable mention for Becky and Egbert
Cow: Patty
Cub: Judy, Honorable mention for Bluebear, Pekoe, and Poncho
Deer: Deirdre, Honorable mention for Chelsea, Diana, Fauna, Fuchsia, and Shino
Dog: Daisy, Honorable mention for Butch, Cherry, Cookie, Maddie, and Walker
Duck: Joey, Honorable mention for Ketchup and Molly
Eagle: Amelia, Honorable mention for Celia
Elephant: Margie, Honorable mention for Chai and Tia
Frog: Puddles, Honorable mention for Diva and Lily
Goat: Nan, Honorable mention for Chevre and Sherb
Gorilla: Violet, Honorable mention for Cesar
Hamster: Flurry, Honorable mention for Hamphrey
Hippo: Bubbles
Horse: Savannah, Honorable mention for Reneigh and Peaches
Kangaroo: Marcie, Honorable mention for Sylvia
Koala: Melba, Honorable mention for Alice, Faith, Sydney, and Yuka
Lion: Leopold
Monkey: Nana
Mouse: Chadder, Honorable mention for Anicotti, Bella, Bettina, and Broccolo (the amount of mice I had in my childhood is scary.)
Octopus: Marina
Ostrich: Flora, Honorable mention for Cranston
Penguin: Chabwick
Pig: Gala
Rabbit: Coco, Honorable mention for Bonbon, Carmen, Gabi, Genji, Ruby, and Tiffany
Rhino: Renée, Honorable mention for Merengue
Sheep: Muffy, Honorable mention for Curlos, Dom, Étoile and Frita
Squirrel: Nibbles, Honorable mention for Cally, Ione, and Poppy
Tiger: Claudia
Wolf: Whitney, Honorable mention for Audie, Dobie, Fang and Wolfgang

sorry there’s like a billion honorable mentions, I have waaay too many favorites

Alligator: Anyone other than Alfonso I guess, never been much of a fan of the alligators.
Anteater: Cyrano, since Rizzo wasn't in Wild World I guess he kind of helped to fill that spot.
Bear: Nate. His house is right next to me in my CF town and he's a pretty good villager.
Bird: Jay (why are you always the first villager to move out of my towns?), Sparro (we share a birthday).
Bull: Again, not a huge fan.
Cat: Mitzi, hands down my favorite villager in the series. Rosie is great as well (one of my top 5).
Chicken: Ken, my first camper from New Horizons.
Cow: Can't think of any.
Cub: Pudge.
Deer: Bam, a starting villager in my secondary town, and quickly became one of my favorite jock villagers.
Dog: Maddie (my favorite formerly GameCube exclusive villager), Butch
Duck: Bill
Elephant: Can't think of any
Frog: Jeremiah, a favorite from my first City Folk town. Huck is pretty great too.
Goat: Billy (GameCube exclusive? Can't remember if he ever made it back into the newer games), Nan
Gorilla: None
Hamster: Hamphrey
Hippo: None
Horse: Not Ed (or Julian, who to me is just Ed with a horn)
Kangaroo: Can't think of one
Koala: Melba, Ozzie
Lion: Rory, a starter in my main town and an overall awesome villager
Monkey: Not a fan.
Mouse: Rizzo, a hugely underrated villager and my second favorite overall. I actually really like his design.
Octopus: Not much of a fan of them.
Ostrich: Gladys
Penguin: Cube
Pig: Hugh, Boris (mainly because of Men in Black 3 which has a character called "Boris the Animal" and Boris in AC is literally an animal)
Rabbit: Mira, Toby
Rhino: Tank
Sheep: None
Squirrel: Blaire (one of my top 5), Marshal
Tiger: Can't think of any
Wolf: Whitney (one of my top 5), Chief

Wow, I didn't realize I wasn't a fan of so many species. I'm sure it doesn't much help that I tend to get attached to my original villagers and rarely let any of them move out, resulting in me getting very few new villagers.

Going to copy and paste from another thread

I'm not going to bother listing villager species I don't like

Cats: Mitzi 🥺 She was in my first save.
Wolves: Kyle (I just got him recently on a villager hunt on ticket 7). Lobo is a close second
Dogs: Goldie - eyes, coloring, the :3 mouth, I love everything about her
Goats: I can't pick between Nan and Chevre. I love them both.
Cubs: Maple. I'd scan her in if I didn't have 3 normals
Deers: Shino, but I have a soft spot for Fauna. Fun fact, her name is Fatima in the German port
Ducks: Molly. I don't care for the others
Gorillas: Rilla. I'm really into her design. The only canonically drag villager. I don't like any other Gorilla villager
Rabbits: Tiffany
Squirrels: I'm really feeling Pecan right now

- Alligators: Sly

- Anteaters: Annabelle, she looks like my favorite pokemon!

- Bears: Klaus

- Birds: Jacques

- Bulls: Stu

- Cats: Lolly

- Chickens: Ken

- Cows: Tipper

- Cubs: Pudge

- Deer: Beau

- Dog: Marcel

- Duck: Molly

- Eagle: Pierce

- Elephant: Tucker

- Frog: Frobert

- Goat: Chevre

- Gorilla: Hans

- Hamster: Hamphrey

- Hippo: Bertha

- Horse: Victoria

- Kangaroo: Mathilda

- Koala: Melba

- Lion: Rory

- Mouse: Petri

- Monkey: Nana

- Octopus: Cephalobot! When i saw the new villagers I new I had to have him

- Ostrich: Gladys

- Penguin: Wade

- Pig: Kevin

- Rabbit: Ruby, she has the red eyes my mouse Hikari has and I love them

- Rhino: Hornsby

- Sheep: Willow, her eyes are too cute

- Squirrel: Sylvana, she is literally just a ferret

- Tiger: Bangle

- Wolf: Kyle! He's based off my favorite animal, a hyena. He was my dream to own ever since pocket camp just came out

Alligator: Alfonso, who I think I had in GCN
Anteater: Anabelle and Cyrano. Cyrano was my second-favorite villager for a very long time, while Anabelle is now one of my favorites. I love all the anteaters not named Olaf (who I still like).
Bear: Teddy.
Bird: Jay or Jitters.
Bull: Stu, the only one who isn't ugly.
Cat: Tangy, my second-favorite villager.
Chicken: Benedict, my best friend in City Folk.
Cow: Patty. Similar to the bulls, she's the only cute one.
Cub: Stitches, my favorite from Wild World until New Horizons.
Deer: Bruce or Bam, but I love all of them.
Dog: Frett right now, since he's my newest villager.
Duck: Ketchup, one of my former villagers. Though I also like Shinabiru because of his stupid face.
Eagle: Apollo, another villager from CF.
Elephant: Eloise, same reason as Apollo. Though it might have been WW, can't remember.
Frog: Camofrog, he's funny.
Goat: Sherb, but Iggy is an honorable mention.
Gorilla: Cesar I guess since I had him in NH.
Hamster: Apple, who I had for a while in NH. She was my mom's favorite villager for a bit.
Hippo: Bertha, she's really cute.
Horse: Either Julian (NH) or Ed (my sister's favorite villager).
Kangaroo: Carrie. Also Marcie is my worst enemy.
Koala: Melba, obviously. My favorite villager, and the definition of "precious".
Lion: Bud, just fun.
Monkey: Shari.
Mouse: Petri, my favorite new villager. Bella was my favorite for a while and is still at a close second.
Octopus: No idea, they're great. Maybe Octavian?
Ostrich: Cranston, one of my favorite villagers. He's my village idiot.
Penguin: Roald, do I need to explain?
Pig: Agnes, a former resident of my island.
Rabbit: I don't know. Either Chrissy, Coco, Dotty, Francine, Pippy, or Sasha.
Rhino: Renée, one of the starters on my island.
Sheep: I don't know, there's so many great ones. Either Baarbara, Dom, Étoile, Muffy, Vesta, Willow, or Woolio.
Squirrel: Marshal I guess.
Tiger: Bianca or Bangle.
Wolf: Either Audie, Fang, Tarou, Vivian, or Wolfgang. I love the wolves.

Alligators: Alfonso because of the Animal Crossing movie lol

Anteaters: I dislike them all, no offense to anteater lovers <3

Bears: Teddy by far.

Birds: Peck because he just looks like that one guy who's just "there"

Bulls: Rodeo because I love the gothic/creepy aesthetic

Cats: Moe. I've loved him since Wild World and he will forever have a special place in my heart. <3 Punchy is in second place

Chickens: Knox because 1.) he looks cool, and 2.) I have a friend with that name lol

Cows: Tipper because she comes with a rainbow shirt.

Cubs: This one is tough, but I have to go with Chester because Pandas are my favorite animals and he was in Chuggaconroy's NL town.

Deer: Beau because he's my baby boy <3 He calls me "cookie"

Dog: Daisy because she is so precious and sweet. Or Cherry because who doesn't like an e-girl dog?

Duck: Joey because have you seen him? He's adorable

Eagle: Apollo because he's a hunk.

Elephant: Ellie because she looks so precious

Frog: I love Jerimiah because of his colors and facial expression. I think he looks so cuteeee

Goat: I love Billy. Just your average old man trying to be a jock

Gorilla: I don't like any of them </3

Hamster: Flurry is so adorable, she has my whole heart

Hippo: Harry because he has the name of someone very dear to me that I don't see anymore, which breaks my heart.

Horse: Roscoe. We stan goth kings

Kangaroo: I love Astrid. Her bright colors are awesome

Koala: Melba is my favorite because she's just cute

Lion: Leopold because he's got that 40-year-old dad look, imo

Mouse: Rod because he tries too hard to be buff, but he's a tiny little mouse lol

Monkey: Shari because she was Chuggaconroy's enemy haha

Octopus: Definitely Zucker. He's just the greatest

Ostrich: Phil because of the Zen look he's got going on

Penguin: Roald. Explanation? Not needed.

Pig: Agnes because she's really the only sisterly villager I like

Rabbit: Ugh, I love Bunnie soooo much. She's beautiful. I don't play NH but Sasha is preciousssss. He's the cutest.

Rhino: Merengue.

Sheep: Muffy because again, we stan goth icons. <3

Squirrel: Tasha because she's got that "I'm better than you and I know it" look to her.

Tiger: I adored Rowan when I was younger

Wolf: Dobie is my new father-figure.

Alligator - Roswell
Anteater - Zoe
Bear-
Ursala
Bird-
Midge
Bull-Rodeo
Cat-Raymond
Chicken-
Plucky
Cow-
Norma
Cub
: Judy
Deer-
Shino
Dog-
Cookie
Duck-Molly
Eagle- Apollo
Elephant-Tia
Frog - Lily
Goat-
Sherb
Gorilla-
Rocket
Hamster-
Flurry
Hippo-
Bertha
Horse-
Julian
Kangaroo-
Mathilda
Koala- Melba
Lion-
Elvis
Monkey-
Tiansheng
Mouse-
Petri
Octopus- Cephalobot/Marina
(Can't choose-)
Ostrich- Phoebe
Penguin- Sprinkle
Pig-
Gala
Rabbit-
Sasha
Rhino-Merengue
Sheep- Dom
Squirrel- Ione/Marshal
(Can't choose-)
Tiger- Bianca
Wolf - Audie/Fang/Whitney
(Can't really choose)

I love thinking about villagers and planning put my ‘permanent lineup” (which so far has never yet ended up actually being permanent. Overtime I find my tastes keep growing and changing. I also have a lot of runner ups and caveats because I like too many of some villagers.

Alligator: Roswell
Anteater: Antonio
Bear: Ike
- probably my favorite cranky. But I love a lot of the bear designs. Ursala, Charlise, Paula, and Megan in particular. But really there are just a lot of great bears.
Bear Cub: Judy. But maybe could come to prefer Barold or Marty? I really like the way the bear cub basic design looks - with their little short legs and big heads and round bodies. But unfortunately, most of the actual cub villagers are very unappealing to me. Of those 3 I have only had Judy, but I think the other two are also pretty cute.
Bird: Admiral - I don’t know why, and have never had him on my island, but I just like his grumpy little face.
Bull: Stu - he is really cute, and it is unfortunate he kind of gets overshadowed by the over abundance of cute blue lazy villagers.
Cat: Tabby. I like a lot of the cats, actually. But no one can come close to matching my #1 favorite villager. She is just everything. Adorable and fun and… I could go on forever, but I won’t
Chicken: Plucky - she’s the best, one of my favorite uchi villagers (and I like a lot of them).
Cow: Tipper, probably? I really like her eyes. But probably I would prefer to have Norma or Patty in game, because I am not too keen on the snooty personality and they are both also cute.
Deer: Deirdre. But I have grown pretty attached to my Fauna and Fuchsia is also a lot of fun. I like Lopez a lot too.
Dog: Goldie is my favorite. But Mac is just so adorable and one of the best jocks. And I think Bea is really underrated, I love her cute freckles.
Duck: Weber and/or Deena, I think? This one is really really hard. I like a lot of the ducks a whole lot. Freckles and Pate are also really exceptional, and Scoot is so cute and funny. Mallary, Miranda, and Maelle, for snooties, are also particularly appealing. But Weber and Deena have a high chance of ending up on my island permanently, and are among my very favorites.
Eagle: Pierce, I guess. I am not a huge fan of most of the Eagles. I like the look of Pierce, Buzz, and Avery though.
Elephant: Paolo. But Eloise is a runner up.
Frog: Prince - no idea why. But one day I looked at him and my brain just went - ‘yes, that one.’ Croque is the other one I really like. Even his cranky voice works for me.
Goat: Nan or Pashmina. I have not decided. I want to try getting Nan on my island and then I could decide.
Gorilla: Violet. Like most people, I underrate the Gorillas. But Violet is pretty, and her name in Japanese has a really great, specific mythological meaning and I love that.
Hamster: Rodney. This one is both hard and not hard at all. Rodney is one of my favorites of all time. But I love every single hamster. They are at the top of my list for every personality. So it feels wrong to have to pick just one. Wish there was a sisterly hamster so I could have more of them to love.
Hippo: Bubbles. She’s so cute!
Horse: Cleo. Reneigh would probably be a runner up for me. She’s got a great look.
Kangaroo: Sylvia, I guess? I am not a fan of any of the kangaroos, partly just because the little babies are weird to me, but I also don’t like any of the male kangaroos designs. But Sylvia and Kitt are okay, and I might consider having them on my island at least for a bit just to give them a chance. Wish they did not have the baby though.
Koala: Sydney 💜
Lion: Rex
- though Rory is probably a runner up. The lions look very cuddly so I like that more than I originally expected. Rex is so cute and kind of a perfect lazy
Monkey: Simon. But I love Flip and Shari a lot too. And always thought Nana was pretty cute.
Mouse: Greta? I have never really totally loved the mouse basic design, even though I really should because I like the itty bitty villagers in general (esp hamsters and ducks). Broccolo is also very cute and I love that is catchphrase is ‘eat it’
Octopus: Cephalobot. Didn’t expect to like him as much as I do, but he is so cute and funny.
Ostrich: Gladys
Penguin: Wade
Pig: Maggie.
Agnes and Pancetti are also top notch though. Love the pigs and their round little bodies.
Rabbit: Probably objectively Cole. or maybe Ruby. But since I have had my Genji on my island from the beginning, he’s pretty special to me, so I have to say him. And he is a pretty awesome little dude to be honest
Rhino: Azalea
Sheep: Willow -
one of the first villagers I remember really liking. Never have managed to have her on my island so far. Wendy and Timbra may actually prove to be my favorite, if she doesn’t end up clicking for me. I love the floofy sheep (and love that they now wear normal clothes not scarves).
Squirrel: Sylvanna or Hazel? Never had a Squirrel villager before even though I like the idea of them, I just haven’t felt very caught by any of the designs. But those are why ones I am thinking of trying out. Ione is also kind of intriguing, even though she is new. She is so glowy.
Tiger: Bangle. My sweet girl. I just adore her.
Wolf: Freya? I don’t actually like any of the wolves. I don’t really like how they look in general. But I had Freya early on in the game and she was tolerable. Vivian,
Skye or Kyle might also be okay?

AIligator: Honestly, Gayle! Her design is super cute and I adore her. She's always been my favorite gator!
Anteater: Maybe Zoe...? I'm not too big on the design of any of the anteaters. So, if not Zoe, none, probably.
Bear: Tutu! I love the color white, and the pink shirt matches her fur color so well!
Bird: Anchovy! I LOVE Lazy villagers, and he's so cute with his big eyebrows!
Bull: Stu... ANOTHER Lazy villager. I love Lazy's.
Cat: Merry! I'm basic, I know. She's so so cute with her lil' dreamy sweater and double-chin ;w; If not her, I LOVE Tangy because of my guy friend and also Punchy. ANOTHER LAZY VILLAGER.
Chicken: Egbert... Yet another Lazy villager. Can you see I have an issue..?
Cow: Norma! I love the color pink, so she's too cute for me!
Cub: Pudge or Judy. Pudge, yet another Lazy villager... hmm..
Deer: Fauna, Beau, Bam, and Erik! Two more Lazy's... lol. I'm gonna keep a Lazy villager count. Current count: 7.
Dog:
Bones, Biskit, Daisy, GOLDIE... Marcel. Okay.. Current count: 10
Duck:
Freckles. I only like her, because in New Leaf, my old friend took her from me and I loved to visit her and Freckles at her town.. ;w; Oh, and Molly!
Eagle: Avery!
Elephant: Tia has always been my favorite elephant. AND one of my favorite villagers in general. No one can replace Zucker, though x3
Frog: Lily! I love Camofrog also, but Lily has my heart.
Goat: Nan and Sherb! (11...)
Gorilla: Hans and Boone have really cute designs, but I've never been fond of the Gorilla species..
Hamster: Flurry! Her design is so simple, but also super cute! ^^
Hippo: Bubbles! Although, I'm not too big on the Hippos, either. LOL.
Horse: Papi and Julian. Current Lazy Count: 12
Kangaroo:
Marcie. She's the only cute one -w-
Koala: MELBA!!! Melba has had my heart for so long, she's at a toss-up with Zucker, honestly. I LOVE Melba. When I got her in NL, I fell in love.
Lion: Elvis. Me and my older brother love him. ;w;
Monkey: Deli, Flip, and Nana.
Mouse: I hate them all. But Broccolo, is cute. Another lazy, lol.
Octopus: Zucker. Zucker has been my favorite villager for years, now. He's super duper awesome! I love sending him letters and giving him gifts! My favorite villager of ALL TIME. Cephalobot is a close-second.
Ostrich: Blanche! She and Cranston are so epic and lovely. Oh! Can't forget about Flora, either.
Penguin: Cube and Roald!
Pig: None, but if I had to choose? Gala.
Rabbit: Doc! I also adore Hopkins and Genji. Current Lazy Count: 19
Rhino:
Merengue!
Sheep: Dom and Étoile!
Squirrel: Filbert! I also love Sylvana.
Tiger: Bianca! She's so adorable T^T

Wolf: Lobo. An old friend from the forums who is no longer with us, her and I had this inside joke with the Lobo collectible. I will forever love Lobo because of her.

FINAL LAZY VILLAGER FAVORITE COUNT: 20! NEW RECORD!!!

Back