• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who's your favourite villager from each species?

Here’s mine!

- Alligators: Gayle (she’s a pink alligator with hearts, what’s not to love?)

- Anteaters: Annalisa (she’s one of the only anteaters I like and I don’t have a lot to say other than her design is pretty cool)

- Bears: Pinky (I used to not like her, but having her in New Horizons really changed my mind, she’s a pink panda!)

- Birds: Piper (she’s a little simplistic but chic at the same time)

- Bulls: Vic (he looks like a Viking which is not so bad)

- Cats: Bob (he was one of my starters in NL and if there was a whole group on tbt dedicated to him, then he’s really something special)

- Chickens: Plucky (I like how she’s a literal tropical chicken with a flower on her head)

- Cows: Tipper (I like her classic-cow look and she doesn’t look half-bad)

- Cubs: Pekoe (she reminds me of Chun Li, and I enjoyed playing her in Street Fighter)

- Deer: Diana (she looks like a literal queen, I really like the goddess theme that she has going on)

- Dog: Bea (she may be simplistic in design, but she looks like a good girl)

- Duck: Molly (she is my all time favorite villager and she is so precious, I wouldn’t trade her for the world)

- Eagle: Celia (Celia looks so nice and shy, and I like the usage of green in her plumage)

- Elephant: Tia (I really like animals themed after food, and Tia just looks so elegant)

- Frog: Lily (she looks so cute, I loved her little kitchen house in NL)

- Goat: Chevre (I really like her design, and her blue eyes match her shirt)

- Gorilla: Rilla (I don’t like a lot of the gorillas, so I guess Rilla is my favorite out of those)

- Hamster: Flurry (she’s super cute and reminds me of vanilla ice cream)

- Hippo: Bertha (not a lot of the hippos are decent, so Bertha cuts it)

- Horse: Reneigh (she looks like this big sister that would give you advice and I like that)

- Kangaroo: Marcie (she’s a pink kangaroo and her eyes look like anime ones)

- Koala: Melba (her eyes look so sweet and innocent...)

- Lion: Bud (he reminds me of this tropical guy who’s laid back... I’m in)

- Mouse: Penelope (she was one of my starters and I think her little bow as her ears are super creative)

- Monkey: Shari (not a huge fan of the monkeys so Shari is one of the only decent ones)

- Octopus: Marina (she reminds me of bubblegum so that’s good enough)

- Ostrich: Gladys (I really like the ostriches as a species, though there’s just something about Gladys that makes me feel at peace)

- Penguin: Sprinkle (she is too cute, reminds me of literal food)

- Pig: Maggie (I’m not a huge fan of the pigs, but I’d say that Maggie is adorable in her own way)

- Rabbit: Genji (he was my first starter villager in NL and he was super fun to hang out with)

- Rhino: Merengue (I love cake, and I love pink, so Merengue is literally the definition of perfection in my eyes)

- Sheep: Willow (I like her yellow wool with green eyes and the contrast it creates)

- Squirrel: Marshal (he’s overrated, but I like his simplistic design)

- Tiger: Bianca (she’s a literal snow leopard! that’s super unique and she has pretty eyes)

- Wolf: Whitney (her simplistic design is something I can appreciate. she looks like she knows what she‘s talking about)

This was a fun way to learn about some new villagers! I apologize in advance for all of the species I don't like.
  • Alligator: Boots
  • Anteater: None
  • Bear: Grizzly
  • Bird: Piper
  • Bull: None
  • Cat: Rosie
  • Chicken: Ava
  • Cow: Tipper
  • Cub: Maple
  • Deer: I love almost all of them, but Beau, Diana & Bruce are my very favorite
  • Dog: Goldie
  • Duck: Molly, Bill
  • Eagle: None
  • Elephant: Tia
  • Frog: Lily
  • Goat: Sherb
  • Gorilla: None
  • Hamster: None
  • Hippo: Biff
  • Horse: Reneigh
  • Kangaroo: None
  • Koala: Melba
  • Lion: Lionel
  • Mouse: None
  • Octopus: Marina
  • Ostrich: Cranston
  • Penguin: Sprinkle
  • Pig: Agnes
  • Rabbit: None
  • Rhino: Merenge
  • Squirrel: Marshal
  • Tiger: Bianca (my all-time favorite villager)
  • Wolf: Skye

- Alligators: Drago because he's a dragon and that's my zodiac.

- Anteaters: Olaf has a cool design.

- Bears: Beardo!! I actually love Beardo. He reminds of me of Paul F. Thompkins. Megan is close! I actually didn't like her but she was one of my first villagers and she's grown on me a lot. It's interesting that I've had 3/8 of the new villagers (Dom, Megan and Sherb)

- Birds: Ace! He's not in new Horizons. He was in my GameCube game. He was one of my favorite villagers. Kinda sad they took him out but I don't know if I would pick him for my town even if they brought him back.

- Bulls: Rodeo just moved out and I felt so bad! His poster and clothing reminds of me of Harry Potter.

- Cats: Felicity! She's such an underrated villager, in my opinion. Super cute! She's very popular in Korea.

- Chickens: Knox. I like his concept!

- Cows: Naomi? I don't really feel a pull for any of them but Naomi just moved in yesterday so I'll choose her.

- Cubs: Cheri. In New Leaf I was trying to pick my uchi and Cheri was on the list but didn't make the cut. I love her face and coloring. I like Judy but Diana is my snooty and I'm not too found of those types of eyes.

- Deer: DIANA! The deer are amazing. A lot of them really stand out.

- Dog: Lucky! We share a birthday and I love mummies. My only issue with Lucky is that I didn't like his expressions as much as other lazys.

- Duck: Bill! He was my jock in New Leaf. I find him so adorable. Unfortunately I wasn't a fan of his character model in the new game so I picked another jock but he'll always have a special place in my heart.

- Eagle: Sterling. If I were going for a castle theme, I'd def pick him as a villager.

- Elephant: Tia! She's a little tea pot, short and stout.

- Frog: Ribbot. Love him!

- Goat: Sherb! I think Sherb is cute and he's in my town right now but I'm not too fond of goats.

- Gorilla: Rocket! Pink Power Ranger vibes.

- Hamster: Hamlet, maybe? Not a fan of any of the hamsters, tbh.

- Hippo: Harry because he was in my old town.

- Horse: Julian, my lil unicorn boy!

- Kangaroo: Matilda. I like her coloring.

- Koala: Alice! Ozzie is a close second though.

- Lion: Elvis. He was my cranky for so long in New Leaf. His moving away really affected me. I still remember it.

- Monkey: Flip although I'm not too fond of any of them.

- Mouse: Broccolo. I think Rod has a cuter face but I'm not too fond of his pirate gear.

- Octopus: Marina! I love that she's an octopus! She's pink! She has a little bow! Actually Jellyfish are one of my favorite animals but they don't have any villagers like that so I picked Marina. I love the Pokemon Frillish and she reminds of me them (female).

- Ostrich: Sprocket has a cool design.

- Penguin: Roald. He was in my old town.

- Pig: Agnes! I love love love her design and coloring! (I actually love a lot of the pigs but Agnes takes the cake!)

- Rabbit: Mira. I love that she's probably based of Sailor Venus. Super cool design and cute face! Tiffany is close but I've never had her in my game.

- Rhino: Merengue! My little shortcake.

- Sheep: DOM DOM DOM DOM. I actually wasn't fond of any of the new villagers but Dom really grew on me. His facial expressions are so cute!! I also don't like sheep villagers usually but Dom made me change my mind.

- Squirrel: Marshal. Yup, everyone's favorite squirrel.

- Tiger: Rowan, he looks funny.

- Wolf: Dobie. I really like his design and styling, especially his interior. It almost tells a story. He a private detective or cop in the 60's trying to crack this one murder case! Gah, his family doesn't understand that HE'S THE JOB.

- Alligators: Gale and or Boots I think. At least from the asthetics. I never had an alligator in my towns so this can change quite fast, if I have another and like them.

- Anteaters: Anabelle. I love her design so much. Armadillos in general are one of my most favourite animals and she is clearly based around one. I have her on my New Horizons island and she is so cute :3

- Bears: Charlise. I also have her on my island. I just love her color scheme. I also like that she is sisterly because there aren't much others I really like.

- Birds: Midge and Lucha I think. Midge is in my current New Leaf town and love her. She was a starter and already plotted where I want to build houses so she will hopefully never leave. Lucha is just wrestling themed and I am a huge fan of wrestling, so I would take him if I see him.

- Bulls: Coach. Yellow is my favourite color haha. I just really like his beard an the blue striped hornes. He is in New Horizons and hasd a house up to a hill so he can train all by himself.

- Cats: Purrl, Punchy and Kitty. Purrl is the newest resident in New Horizons just a few days. But I love her. She is one of the best designt cats so cut :3. Punchy is in my Wild World town and I really love how he is obsessed with fishing it does make fun to fish against him. Kitty just looks cool, never had her before.

- Chickens: Ken. His deep blue colors just look so nice. I never had him tho but I would gladly accept him as a villager.

- Cows: Norma I guess. Don't really like the cows tho.

- Cubs: Poncho and Tammy. Poncho just looks like a blue tomato I think this is pretty funny. Also I had him in Wild World but I went to another town ): Tammy has just a really cool color scheme, I would take her anytime I can.

- Deer: Lopez I would say. He was my first camper in New Horizons but I don't really like the other deer that much.

- Dog: Biskit is like the only dog I really like. I am not that found of dogs in real life and that also counts for Animal Crossing.

- Duck: Derwin and Molly. Derwin is in my Wild World town and I really think he is cute. Molly is just super cute but I never had her, which is really sad.

- Eagle: Apollo was the first Villager I ever interacted with in Wild World years ago. I never had him since sadly. So he holds a special place in my heart.

- Elephant: Cyd is the only one I like really. I don't like elephants that much in general so yea.

- Frog: Frobert has a really cool color scheme. And he has teeth lol. I never had a frog villager in any of my towns so it could change ones I know them better.

- Goat: Pashmina but I really don't like any other goat there all not that cool.

- Gorilla: Boyd and Al are okay I guesy. All the gorillas are not really that great to beginn with.

- Hamster: I don't like any of them sadly.

- Hippo: Hippeux and Harry. I really like most of the hippos but those two are so cool. Hippeux ist also on my island.

- Horse: Buck!! I love him he is my favourite villager and was one of my starters in New Horizons. I will never let him go ever.

- Kangaroo: Walt and Rooney. I think the female kangaroos are really creepy with that baby. But the two males are really cool designt. I had Walt for some time in New Horizons.

- Koala: I don't really like most of them there just okay.

- Lion: Rex is soo cute. I let him go in New Horizons and still I want him back q.q I love his big nose, because my cat also has such a big nose and he reminds me of him.

- Mouse: Dora and Anicotti. Dora was in my Wild World town and I am still sad that she is gone. Anicotti just looks really cool. I am a big fan of neon colors.

- Monkey: Tammi and Shari. I don't like apes that much but those two have just something I really like about them. Also Tammi is in my New Leaf town and also will hopefully never leave as her house is plotted in the right place form the start.

- Octopus: Don't like them really.

- Ostrich: Blanche. I love her she is in New Horizons and was one of the few villagers I really searched for. The color scheme is just so beautiful.

- Penguin: The only one I think is okay is Flo. Don't like penguins that much.

- Pig: Hugo is the coolest pig in my oppinion. But I also really like some others. But I only get the bad pigs e.e

- Rabbit: Toby! He is like my second favourite. I love his figurines. First thought they were snowpersons. And snowpersons are one of my guilty pleasures. Still I really love his design and him. I invited him today to my New Leaf town so yea. Hope I can plot him right :3

- Rhino: Hornsby. He was one of my starters in New Horizons and is there since. I just love him so much. But the rhinos in general are really cool looking.

- Sheep: Stella and Willow are both super cute. Stella was in my New Horizons town and I am planning und getting Willow either in New Leaf or City Folk. I really like her colors <3

- Squirrel: Sally is just sooo cute x3 I really think she is totally overlooked. I also like Pecan her brown color scheme just looks really cool and elegant.

- Tiger: Bangle looks really cute. But I don't despice the others ever. Sadly I never had a tiger in my towns so hopefully it will change sometimes.

- Wolf: W.Link and Kyle. W.Link is just well it is my favourite Zelda game, I would love to have him in my town but the amiibo is quite hard to get sadly. Kyle just got a really cool color scheme :3

Alligators: Alfonso is a good egg.

Anteaters: Cyrano. I had him in ww and I love his freckles.

Bears: Charlise. She lived in my acnl town and she grew on me fast. She’s not ugly like most people say she is imo.

Birds: Anchovy. He still lives in my gamecube town. I’d have him in acnh if the villager limit would allow it.

Cows/Bulls: Tipper. Loved having her in city folk.

Cats: Tabby. I cannot resist her pig nose.

Chickens: Plucky. She’s my favorite uchi. So underrated.

Cubs: Barold. He’s pretty cute. Not crazy about the cubs though.

Deer: Deirdre. Another species I don’t care for but I do think she’s okay.

Dogs: Mac. He’s ADORABLE. No one ever talks about him why?!?

Ducks: Pate. I love her squiggly eyebrows.

Eagles: Pierce. He was one of my best buds growing up with the gamecube game.

Elephants: Opal. Had her in ww. She’s okay. I don’t really like the elephant design.

Frogs: Jambette. She’s one of my top villagers. She’s adorable and not in a dumb meme way. She’s actually a precious villager.

Goats: Billy. He was my bff in the 5th grade.

Gorillas: Cesar!!!!!❤️ My favorite species but I have to pick Cesar. He’s my favorite villager. He’s just so handsome and his facial expressions are too cute ughhhghg

Hamsters: Rodney. He looks depressed all the time. Mood.

Hippos: Rocco. My second favorite species. Rocco is my baby but Bubbles is a very close second!! ❤️

Horses: Peaches. She currently lives in my gamecube town too. She’s underrated.

Kangaroos: Astrid. Another currently in my gamecube town lmao. She has a really cool design.

Koalas: Lyman. His smile is adorable.

Lions: Leopold. He’s cute and in my gamecube town by my house.

Mice: Samson. I’ve never actually had him but he looks cute.

Monkeys: Deli. One of my favorite villagers. No one talks about him when lazies are mentioned. Why???

Octopuses: Octavian. Idk not crazy about any of them lol

Ostriches: Queenie. She’s purple and I love her feathers sticking out of her head.

Penguins: Tex. He’s precious.

Pigs: Maggie. My friend has her and she is so cute in game omg.

Rabbits: Cole. This was hard because I’m not crazy about any of them but I do like Cole’s buckteeth.

Rhinos: Tank. He has a leaf hat. What else could you want??

Sheep: Cashmere. I LOVE her grumpy face. So cute.

Squirrels: Nibbles. Her freckles and buckteeth are precious.

Tigers: Rowan. He has a unibrow. Enough said.

Wolves: Kyle. He fits the smug personality and I like his purple eyelids.

Oh this is a really good question! I definitely have favourite villagers but I think a lot of them fall into the same species so this will be really nice to take a look at some of the species I don't give a lot of attention to!

- Alligators: Gayle is also my favourite! She is such a sweetheart and if I didn't already have two Normal villagers in New Horizons & New Leaf I would love to have her in my game!

- Anteaters: I had to look up the Anteaters because I forgot they existed lol. I'm not a huge fan of their designs, to be honest? But out of all of them I think I like Antonio the best? But Anabelle is cute too!

- Bears: Pinky is my girl, lol. She was one of my first villagers in New Horizons and I loved her to bits! Otherwise I don't pay a lot of attention to the Bears either.

- Birds: Birds also aren't really my jam, villager wise. But after looking them up I think my favourite would be Midge? But I'm not too fond of most of their designs.

- Bulls: I don't think I've had a bull in my town before but I think they look kinda cool! My favourite is probably Stu.

- Cats: I love the cats in game! I have a lot of favourite kitties. Lolly, Merry, and Kiki are the first ones that come to mind!

- Chickens: Egbert! By far Egbert, he is my favourite villager in general!

- Cows: Another villager species I've had to look up because I haven't had many cow villagers! I think my favourite would have to be Norma, I think she looks so cute! Why must all my favourite villagers be Normals lol

- Cubs: Ahh I love the little bear cubs they're so cute. I have Stitches in New Leaf and Murphy in New Horizons! I love em both, but I also think Pekoe is so cute!

- Deer: I love Diana and Fauna the best!

- Dog: I'm a little bit embarrassed but I had to look up dog villagers as well! The only one I could think of off the top of my head was Lucky. I think my favourite dog villager is Shep but honestly they're all so cute!

- Duck: My girl Molly is my absolute favourite duck!

- Eagle: I had to look eagles up too, lol. But out of the designs I think I like Celia the best, although eagles aren't my favourite.

- Elephant: Tia! She's my favourite elephant and I love her to bits, but Margie is such a sweetheart too!

- Frog: Henry is my favourite frog but but I've had Frobert in the past and I liked him a lot too!

- Goat: Sherb is my favourite goat! I think he's so cute.

- Gorilla: ... I'm not really fond of any of the gorilla's, honestly. If I had to choose then maybe Hans? Since I think it's neat that he looks like a Yeti!

- Hamster: Flurry! I love her she's so cute. Winter is my favourite season so I think her name and design is adorable. She's like a little snowball!

- Hippo: Rocco is my favourite hippo! I'm not huge on the hippos but Rocco was one of my first villagers in New Leaf so he's got a special place in my heart lol.

- Horse: I think Cleo is super cute and I love how Savannah looks like a zebra. Winnie is also pretty cute though!!

- Kangaroo: Not a huge fan of the kangaroo's (something about the babies makes me a little uncomfy lol) but I think my favourite would have to be Walt.

- Koala: Melba! I love her, I think she's such a sweetheart.

- Lion: Also not a huge fan of lions but I think I like Rex the best!

- Mouse: The mice villagers are tricky for me, lol. I think they're sort of cute? But at the same time something about them throws me off! I think my favourite is either Bree or Dora.

- Monkey: Shari! She's my favourite sisterly villager, too.

- Octopus: Marina is my favourite! I think she's so pretty.

- Ostrich: Blanche is my favourite out of them all! But Julia, Flora, and Phoebe all have really nice designs too.

- Penguin: Honestly I think a lot of the penguins are cute! Aurora, Roald, Sprinkle, Wade, and even Hopper looks kinda cool haha.

- Pig: Peggy was one of my first villagers in New Leaf so she's one of my favourites but I also love the design for Gala! I think she looks adorable.

- Rabbit: I currently have Gabi on my island and I think she's adorable!

- Rhino: Merengue is my favourite Rhino! I love her design and her house in New Leaf.

- Sheep: Oh the sheep are so cute! All short and fluffy, it's hard to choose. I think my favourite would have to be Wendy though something about her just makes me so happy lol. But honestly they're all so cute!

- Squirrel: Another batch of cuties! Filbert and Poppy are my favourites though, I think.

- Tiger: I don't think I've had a tiger villager before! Bangle and Bianca both look neat, though.

- Wolf: Whitney is my favourite! I have her on my island right now and I love her.

It’s the middle of the night and I’m wide awake, so why not?

Alligator: Drago - I love most of the alligators, but you can’t beat a literal dragon.
Anteater: Cryrano - This is purely because I’ve had him in both my town and island.
Bear: Teddy - I’m a sucker for characters with big eyebrows.
Bird: Robin - One of my least favorite species, but Robin is okay.
Bull: Rodeo - He’s one of my favorite villagers on my New Horizons island.
Cat: Lolly - She has a nice color scheme!
Chicken: Knox - I love his Knight outfit.
Cow: Tipper - Goofy name, plus I love her 80s style sweater.
Cub: Pekoe - She has one of the most striking outfits of the villagers. Her name is fun to say too.
Deer: Fauna - An adorable deer that used to be in my town.
Dog: Benjamin - We share names. That’s it.
Duck
: Molly - She’s the only one that doesn’t hurt my eyes.
Eagle: Apollo - He looks so cool in that leather jacket.
Elephant: Chai - The teacup is just too charming.
Frog: Ribbot - I love how he looks nothing like the other frogs.
Goat: Pashmina- I like her soft color scheme.
Gorilla: Rocket - I have an attachment to her since she was in my new leaf town for a long time.
Hamster: Graham - My favorite villager period. His tiny glasses, the dorky plaid shirt… I love it all. 10/10.
Hippo: Bubbles - I don’t really have a reason for this one.
Horse: Peaches - Pink villagers usually aren’t my thing, but Peaches is too cute.
Kangaroo: Sylvia - She was one of the first villagers on my island.
Koala: Eugene - I had him in my town for a while, and he reminds me of the koala from We Bare Bears.
Lion: Leopold - He looks like the kinda guy you’d see reading a book in front of the fireplace.
Monkey: Champ - He’s just a cuter version of the stereotypical brown monkey. Simple, yet effective.
Mouse: Chaddar - I love how he looks like a giant block of cheese.
Octopus: Zucker - You can never go wrong with a kimono.
Ostrich: Flora - I just love flamingos.
Penguin: Roald - His oversized button-up shirt is adorable.
Pig: Gala - The little flowers on her head are a nice touch.
Rabbit: Dotty - She was a nice addition to my New Leaf town.
Rhino: Hornsby - His name is too precious.
Sheep: Muffy - We share birthdays.
Squirrel: Filbert - I’m a sucker for oversized sweaters.
Tiger: Bangle - I got attached to her on my island.
Wolf: Whitney - She’s the epitome of snooty villagers. I’m proud to have her on my island.

Alligator: Alfonso
Anteater: Antonio
Bear: Ursala
Bird: Jacques
Bull: Vic
Cat: Punchy
Chicken: Ava
Cow: Norma
Cub: Pudge
Deer: Beau
Dog: Portia
Duck: Ketchup
Eagle: Buzz
Elephant: Tia
Frog: Ribbot
Goat: Sherb
Gorilla: Cesar
Hamster: Rodney
Hippo: Biff
Horse: Savannah
Kangaroo: Kitt
Koala: Melba
Lion: Elvis
Monkey: Porter Champ
Mouse: Rod
Octopus: Zucker
Ostrich: Gladys
Penguin: Roald
Pig: Agnes
Rabbit: Bunnie
Rhino: Merengue
Sheep: Étoile
Squirrel: Marshal
Tiger: Bangle.. I think
Wolf: Dobie

Aligators: Not had any so far in NH but I'd pick Gayle as I like her design best.

Anteater: Either Annalisa or Antonio, slightly plain designs compared to some others in the species but I really like them.

Bear: Pinky, love her colour scheme and the panda-like design she has.

Bird: Not one of my favourite species but I'd probably go for Robin as I like the mix of orange and blue in her colour scheme.

Bull: So far not had any of the bulls but I often see them while island hopping and I'm always drawn to Stu the most.

Cat: Raymond, didn't expect to like him as much as I do but he really grew on me once he moved to my island and his colour scheme reminds me a bit of one of my cats. I do really love a lot of other cat villagers though, with Rosie and Lolly been close seconds.

Chicken: Egbert, a cute looking villager with an innocent-like expression that often draws me to him.

Cow: There's not really much to choose from here but I'll pick Patty as her colour scheme reminds me a bit of a highland cow.

Cub: This is hard as I love a lot of the cubs but Maple is probably my favourite, she's cute and her normal personality means she's always friendly and caring. Cheri and Marty are other top choices in this species for me and I particularly like Judy for her unique design.

Deer: Fauna, she's really cute despite her plain design and I love her big deer eyes. She's my favourite villager in game so always takes the top spot out of the deer villagers but I do also really love Diana and Erik too.

Dog: There are a lot of great dog villagers but my favourite would either be Goldie, one of my first villagers in NH who was always sweet and friendly and one of the first villagers to give me their photo, or Portia, her Dalmatian design is very cute and she's a permanent villager in my NL town who I'm quite attached to.

Duck: Molly, I think she always look adorable, she's always friendly and welcoming and I love seeing her waddling around my island.

Eagle: Apollo, a classic AC character with a good design

Elephant: Ellie, not actually had her before but always think she looks sweet when I see her on other islands

Frog: Lily, another villager I've not had but I like seeing around on other island and has a pretty colour scheme

Goat: Sherb, his design might be pretty plain but I think he's still cute and it works well with him, love the pale blue colour scheme he has as it's one of my favourite colours so it doesn't bother me that his design doesn't stand out like some others.

Gorilla: Least favourite species but I'd pick Peewee as I see him around a lot while island hopping and he's grown on me more then the others have

Hamster: Probably Hamlet, he was my starting jock villager on my island and I ended up keeping him longer then I'd intended as I grew quite attached to him

Hippo: Bertha, a random move in villager I had once on my island who was always sweet whenever I spoke to her

Horse: Julian, he's a majestic blue unicorn and I love his uniqueness

Kangaroo: Rooney, had him on my island for a bit early on in the game and liked his design, though my top choice is only really between him or Walt as I'm not keen on the joeys in the game.

Koala: There are quite koalas that I think look cute and I'd be happy to have in my game but I'd go for Melba as so far she's the only one who's lived on my island and I enjoyed having her

Lion: Leopold, one of my earliest villagers on my island who I grew to really like and enjoyed seeing around and chatting to while I had him

Monkey: Not a huge fan of the monkeys but Nana is probably my favourite as I think her design is quite cute

Mouse: Dora, another villager I've not had but I think looks sweet

Octopus: Marina, she's the only octopus villager I've actually ever had and I quite enjoyed having her on my island for the time she was there but overall not a huge fan of this species

Ostrich: Blanche, never previously had much interest in the ostrich villagers but she was my first snooty in NH and I grew to really like her and enjoyed having her on my island

Penguin: Wade, he's really cute with his penguin chick design and he always looks really sweet and innocent whenever I see him in the games.

Pig: Hugh, another early islander I had in NH, I like his design and colour scheme and he made me enjoy the lazy personality more then I had previously

Rabbit: I like a lot of the rabbit villagers but my current favourite is Bunnie, recently had her for a while on my island and really liked her

Rhino: Merengue, while I probably wouldn't have her on my island I do really love her design

Sheep: Etoile, like her design and while I probably wouldn't like 10 pastel coloured villagers as it would get a bit too much I do think the colours work great in her design and the shades mix well together.

Squirrel: Peanut, my original favourite villager when I first played WW, and Poppy, a sweet villager and I like her Autumnish design.

Tiger: Bangle, my first peppy in NH and a villager I liked seeing around and chatting to on my island, also has a nice design.

Wolf: This is very hard as this is my favourite species but my top pick would be Wolfgang, he's my favourite cranky and one of my overall top villagers who I've had in every game since WW, also I like his colour scheme with the blue and yellow mixing really well together. I also particularly love all the snooty wolves as well though so they'd be close seconds.

Alligator: Probably Boots. Never had any though.

Anteater: Annabelle. Not keen on any of them, but I could probably tolerate her.

Bear: Teddy. He cracks me up, bumbling around doing stupid stuff.

Bird: Never had any birds, but think I will say Piper. Her design looks better than any of the others. Not keen on birds either.

Bull: T-Bone. Had him in NL and NH, so he feels like an old friend.

Cat: Raymond. Not super into the cats, but I do have Raymond and I really like him.

Chicken: Ken. He helped me get over Avery when he left my town in NL haha

Cow: Patty looks the best I think.

Cub: Maple. Gorgeous design. Never actually had her though.

Deer: Fauna. Never actually had her properly, but I love her design and her house. She was my first ever camper on NL and I didn't know at the time that you could invite them to move in, so I missed that opportunity.

Dog: Shep. Never had him but like his design better than the other dogs, who I find quite bland in general.

Duck: Freckles. She was such a bright and cheery little thing in NL. Surprised she seems to be considered ugly by so many people.

Eagle: Avery. Even though he broke my heart by leaving unexpectedly in NL, he's still my best eagle boy.

Elephant: Ellie looks nice. Not keen on most of the elephants, but I do like her look.

Frog: Lily, just cos she's cute

Goat: Chevre. I love her eyes. I like Nan too and would like to have them both together someday, but Chevre just has the edge with those eyes.

Gorilla: Violet, though I like most of the gorillas tbh.

Hamster: FLURRY <3 and hamsters in general are my fave villagers.

Hippo: Biff. He was different from other jocks somehow. I thought he was a cranky for a while.

Horse: Annalise was really warm and motherly to me in NL. Another one I thought was a different personality - I assumed she was either Normal or Sisterly for ages.

Kangaroo: Carrie looks the nicest I think

Koala: Alice I think. Never had a koala at all.

Lion: Elvis. He amused me a lot in NL.

Monkey: Elise. She gets a lot of hate but she was so sweet in NL. Also she's special because when I picked up NL after years of not playing, she was still in my old town and greeted me all excited with the old nickname she gave me.

Mouse: Penelope. I like the ear/bow design.

Octopus: Zucker is the least hideous, but I don't like any of them.

Ostrich: Blanche. She's so elegant and looks like a swan. She was one I was genuinely sad to see go when I recently changed my theme, cos her house didn't match.

Penguin: Sprinkle. Not fussed about penguins, but if I had to pick it would be Sprinkle.

Pig: Agnes. Gorgeous design.

Rabbit: Francine. Like Chevre and Nan, I hope to have both Chrissy and Francine together someday as I like both. But I'll say Francine as I think Chrissy already gets the most love out of the two of them and I like to think Francine is more sassy.

Rhino: Merengue. Not usually keen on food villagers, or rhinos in general, but I can't deny that Merengue is a pretty rhino.

Sheep: Muffy because I like her goth theme.

Squirrel: Pecan. I like that there's a fanfiction where she's a serial killer haha. She's a gorgeous design, but with a devious look to her. I like all the squirrels though.

Tiger: Bangle is pretty.

Wolf: Audie. I love that she looks like a fox and how she got her name.

Alligators: Alfonso (his catch phrase is the best)

- Anteaters: Antonio (just seems like a nice guy)

- Bears: Pinky (was my favorite villager before I discovered Bob)

- Birds: Midge

- Bulls: Stu

- Cats: Bob (Cats are my favorite animal in general, but I had a cat named Bob growing up. Also he is such a cool derp lol)

- Chickens: Goose (I feel like he would be the guy trying so hard to be cool in a teen movie)

- Cows: Norma

- Cubs: Maple (I blame Etce on youtube)

- Deer: Diana (this was hard, they’re all pretty dang cute..)

- Dog: Cookie (I was obsessed with her as a kid. Her colors are everything)

- Duck: Molly (again, so many good options. Molly is everyone’s favorite..)

- Eagle: Apollo (classic)

- Elephant: Opal (I had a very bad inside joke about her in my City Folk island and it still makes me laugh)

- Frog: Puddles (she is super underrated I think)

- Goat: Kidd (I’m not so into the goats)

- Gorilla: Cesar (he’s got chutzpah)

- Hamster: Flurry (I want her on my island someday!)

- Hippo: Bubbles

- Horse: Savannah (again, so many good options, it’s hard to choose)

- Kangaroo: Kitt

- Koala: Eugene (cool dude!)

- Lion: Leopold (he’s such a dad lol)

- Mouse: Bree

- Monkey: Shari

- Octopus: Marina (I love her so much, permanent villager on my island)

- Ostrich: Blanche

- Penguin: Boomer (he’s a wonderful derp)

- Pig: Gala

- Rabbit: Bunnie (loved her since the population growing days)

- Rhino: Hornsby

- Sheep: Vesta (I know she’s kinda weird, but she was my first sheep villager)

- Squirrel: Poppy (you can’t make me choose! She’s such a precious bean though…)

- Tiger: Rowan (the name of my best friend…)

- Wolf: Chief (another original from my original town)

Alligator- Gayle, I think she looks adorable
Anteater- Annalisa, I think she looks unique (I usually don't like the Anteater Villagers)
Bear- Pinky, I like how she is a Pink Panda
Bird- Midge or Piper, Think they are really cute it hard to choose between them
Bull- Stu, (don't really care for the Bulls)
Cat- Rosie, I think she adorable
Chicken- Ken, I think he looks cool
Cow- Norma, she cute
Cub- Bluebear, Cheri, Maple, Judy, June (I can't pick lol they just too cute)
Deer- Fauna, she just adorable
Dog- Cookie, she is adorable
Duck- Molly, she is really cute
Eagle- Pierce, just love his colors
Elephant- Chai, Tia, Margie (hard to choose between, they just adorable and so pretty looking)
Frog- Lily, just a cutie
Goat- Sherb, he adorable
Gorilla- (don't like the gorillas, but if I had to choose one then it would be Boone)
Hamster- Flurry, she is just adorable
Hippo- (don't really like the hippos, but if I had to pick it would be Bitty)
Horse- Julian, He is gorgeous and he is unique
Kangaroo- (don't really care for the Kangaroos, but I would choose Walt)
Koala- Melba, she a cutie
Lion- (don't really care for the Lions, but I would pick Rory)
Monkey- (don't care for the Monkies but I would choose Nana)
Mouse- Dora, just think she is cute
Octopus- Marina, she is adorable
Ostrich- Gladys, just think she cute
Penguin- Sprinkle, she really pretty
Pig- Gala, just think she adorable
Rabbit- Francine just think she is cute
Rhino- Merengue, think she is unique looking and think she is adorable
Sheep- Dom and Étoile (hard to choose they are adorable)
Squirrel- Sylvana, she looks more like a ferret and she is adorable
Tiger- Bianca, she looks so cute
Wolf- The wolves are so hard for me to choose, cause I love them all, but if I had to really choose I would choose Skye

alligator - gayle
anteater - like what a lot of others said, not very keen on the anteaters but probably annabelle
bear - pinky bc she's a pink panda and i love that
bird - midge
bull - rodeo
cat - lolly, kiki, rosie, bob (so hard to choose just one!!)
chicken - ava
cow - tipper
cub - maple
deer - diana, fauna
dog - daisy, cookie, goldie
duck - molly and joey tbh
eagle - apollo, celia
elephant - tia
frog - lily
goat - chevre
gorilla - gorillas are meh, but probably peewee
hamster - hamsters are also meh but flurry
hippo - also meh but biff
horse - julian
kangaroo - marcie
koala - melba
lion - leopold
monkey - shari
mouse - bree
octopus - marina
ostrich - flora, blanche
penguin - roald, aurora
pig - agnes
rabbit - bunnie bc we share the same birthday, ruby, francine and chrissy
rhino - merengue
sheep - etoile
squirrel - poppy
tiger - bianca
wolf - wolfgang, whitney, freya

Alligator - Alfonso
Anteater - Anabelle and Cyrano
Bear - Teddy
Bird - Jay
Bull - Stu
Cat - Tangy
Chicken - Benedict
Cow - Patty
Cub - Stitches
Deer - Bam, Bruce, or Shino
Dog - Bones
Duck - Ketchup
Eagle - Apollo or Keaton
Elephant - Big Top
Frog - Camofrog
Goat - Sherb
Gorilla - Cesar
Hamster - Apple
Hippo - Bertha
Horse - Julian
Kangaroo - Carrie
Koala - Melba
Lion - Bud
Money - Shari
Mouse - Petri
Octopus - Zucker
Ostrich - Cranston
Penguin - Roald
Rabbit - Pippy
Rhino - Hornsby
Sheep - Muffy, Willow, or Woolio
Squirrel - Marshal
Tiger - Bianca
Wolf - Vivian

there's a lot of cuties tbh
  • alligator - gayle
  • anteater - anabelle
  • bear - pinky
  • bird - midge
  • cat - lolly
  • chicken - goose
  • cub - pekoe
  • deer - bam
  • dog - cookie or marcel
  • duck - molly
  • eagle - quinn
  • elephant - chai
  • frog - lily
  • goat - kidd
  • gorilla - hans
  • hamster - flurry
  • hippo - none
  • horse - reneigh
  • kangaroo - marcie
  • koala - sydney
  • lion - lionel
  • mouse - petri
  • monkey - nana
  • octopus - marina
  • ostrich - blanche
  • penguin - sprinkle
  • pig - agnes
  • rabbit - dotty
  • rhino - azaela
  • sheep - vesta
  • squirrel - poppy or filbert
  • tiger - bianca
  • wolf - fang, freya, skye, or lobo

I love threads like these.
- Alligators: Sly
- Anteaters: Anabelle
- Bears: Megan but I really like Beardo a ton too.
- Birds: Sparro. Realistically I don't care much for this species.
- Bulls: Vic easily.
- Cats: Purrl
- Chickens: Brofinna
- Cows: Probably Tipper. I don't care for this species much and I feel pretty much the same about all of them except for Naomi which I don't like.
- Cubs: Marty. I don't care much for this species though.
- Deer: Fauna
- Dog: This is really tough as I like almost all of them. I think I will have to pick Bones though.
- Duck: Molly
- Eagle: Amelia
- Elephant: Margie
- Frog: There is quite a few I like here so I guess I will just pick Frobert.
- Goat: Nan I don't care for this species at all.
- Gorilla: Boone Though I don't care for this species
- Hamster: I really like this species but I suppose I will pick Soleil
- Hippo: Biff I guess. I don't like this species at all though.
- Horse: This ones is another species I really like so it is hard. I will pick Papi though Elmer has recently grew on me alot.
- Kangaroo: Astrid but Sylvia is cool too.
- Koala: Gonzo Melba is great too though.
- Lion: Leopold but I don't care for this species.
- Mouse: Petri I really don't care for this species though.
- Monkey: Shari easily.
- Octopus: Zucker easily.
- Ostrich: Julia I suppose. Not a big fan of this species but they are cute.
- Penguin: There are a few here I like but I will choose Hopper today.
- Pig: Maggie
- Rabbit: Ruby Carmen is great too.
- Rhino: Merengue but I don't care for this species.
- Sheep: This one is hard because sheep are cute, but I will choose Baabara I suppose.
- Squirrel: Sylvanna
- Tiger: Bangle
- Wolf: Freya

Last edited:
Oh this is really fun!

- alligators: gayle! i'm actually quite afraid of the alligator villagers, but her design is so pretty ^___^

- anteaters: zoe, i absolutely love her colours

- bears: tutu, megan and ursala, they're all so pretty ; 3 ; (i do agree that i'm not too fond of bear villagers as well, but these 3 have such great designs)

- birds: piper and jay. i have piper in my island right now and she's so cute! i used to have jay in my acnl village and i loved him then as well ♡

- bulls: stu. i'm not so fond of bulls either but his design is the most colourful~

- cats: I LOVE THE CATS. felicity, felyne, merry, mitzi, punchy, rosie, tangy (YUP I CAN'T CHOOSE LOL)

- chickens: i've actually never had a chicken villager before.. maybe plucky?

- cows: i've actually never had a cow villager as well :0 i think norma and patty are cool though~ tipper too!

- cubs: cubs are my favourite species of villager T___T making me choose is cruel! i love them all equally, but especially chester, judy, june, maple, marty, pekoe, oliver- [proceeds to name all of them]

- deer: i once had an acnl village with ONLY deer villagers since i loved them so much! my personal favourites are beau, erik and fauna. i also quite like shino! she's so pretty ♡

- dog: DAISY!! she's my beloved. ; u ; i also like shep, he has a fringe lol

- duck: ketchup, molly and weber! ducks are our tiny friends

- eagle: i'm not too fond of eagle villagers as well :0 i don't think i've ever had any actually.. quinn is cool though!

- elephant: omg!! i completely forgot we had elephant villagers (i haven't played in like 4 years until i started acnh). chai because she has a mug on her head, dizzy because he looks like a slide (LOL I CANT EXPLAIN WHY), ellie and tia!

- frog: henry my special boy i love him!

- goat: pashmina, i used to collect the amiibo cards and i had SO MANY pashmina cards LOL

- gorilla: louie he's on my island atm and runs around quite often :3

- hamster: omg i love hamster villagers! apple was my favourite for so long, but i also like holden (he was on acnl), marlo and soleil. soleil especially is super pretty! marlo looks like an old man lol

- hippo: bubbles! i love her outfit

- horse: i have roscoe and reneigh on my island atm and i love them both! as well as winnie. i love savannah and her outfit too.

- kangaroo: kangaroo villagers are two-in-one villagers lol i really like kitt!

- koala: koala villagers are so cute OMG alice, LYMAN!!, melba and ozzie! they're all kind of making me want to change up my dreamies list.

- lion: Lionel! he reminds me of my grandpa lol

- mouse: bella my edgy (in a good way!) friend. she is soooo cool. chadder is also literally cheese. cheese mouse. greta is cool cus she looks like a teacher

- monkey: DELIII!! FLIPPPPP!! SHARRIIIII!!!! all the monkey villagers are awesome.

- octopus: zucker. he's on my island and i love him vvvv much.

- Ostrich: blanche is one of my fav villagers. she's so prettyyy! rio as well.

- penguin: sprinkle she looks like a cupcake

- pig: pancetti, she's on my island and i bother her too much lol

- rabbit: so many of the rabbit villagers are great! bonbon, gabi, GENJI!!, and sasha are super cute

- rhino: azalea has a flower on her nose.. merengue has a strawberry on her horn.. hOW COULD YOU CHOOSE.

- sheep: frita and wendy!

- squirrel: blaire, cally, ione, pecan! i have marshal on my island so i have to sneak him in here.

- tiger: bianca is so pretty! i've never had a tiger villager though.

- wolf: kyle used to be one of my favourite villagers on acnl :3

Ooh looks fun! I’m really picky about villagers but looks like a fun way to actually look into some new ones! 🥺🖤
  • Alligator: Del, he would probably fit my aesthetics the most (black and red!)
  • Anteater: Annalisa! Had her in my first ever town in New Leaf!
  • Bears: Beardo, looks so fancy! 😭
  • Birds: Twiggy! Also one of my first from New Leaf!
  • Bulls: Rodeo, he’s always been close to making it into my town but can’t quite make the cut. Fits my aesthetics again!
  • Cats: Punchy! Surprisingly the only one I really care for, he’s just so adorable!
  • Chickens: Ken, I don’t care for the chickens but would accept him for aesthetic!
  • Cows: Tipper, she was one of the first I ran into on the NMT islands!
  • Cubs: Stitches, very precious!
  • Deer: Shino, easily one of my favorite villagers now! Super pretty!
  • Dogs: Cherry! Forever my number one! Love her style, aesthetic, and everything! Precious punk rock babey! Lucky and Shep are also dreamies of mine though!
  • Ducks: Drake, just because I love the pun and because he’s basically Drake Mallard like Darkwing Duck! 😂
  • Eagles: Quinn! I’m so happy she has the sisterly personality, and her aesthetic is perfect too!
  • Elephant: Cyd! Precious cranky punk, I adore him! So happy to get him on my island yesterday! 😭🖤
  • Frogs: Jambette, I don’t like any of the frogs but we have the same birthday at least! 😂
  • Goats: Sherb! One of my first villagers I got on my first island, he’s so adorable and I loved having him! With the new villagers he didn’t make the cut for my reset island, but he’s still very dear to me!
  • Gorillas: Boone, don’t care for any of them but I like that he looks like a mandrill!
  • Hamsters: Apple! Just did her home in HHP yesterday and I thought she was so adorable!
  • Hippos: Harry, he has a mustache? 😭
  • Horses: Roscoe! One of my dreamies! Cranky punk babey, black and red aesthetic, he’s perfect!
  • Kangaroos: Mathilda, she was a potential possibility for my island because of aesthetics!
  • Koalas: Melba, one of my first villagers on my first island! Very adorable!
  • Lions: Leopold, I like his name?
  • Monkeys: Shari, she’s just the most memorable to me because of Jacksepticeye 😂
  • Mice: Bella, aesthetics could put her on my island, but I don’t care for the mice very much!
  • Octopi: Cephalobot, the robot design looks cool!
  • Ostriches: Flora, since she’s a flamingo and was on my first island!
  • Penguins: Cube! One of my dreamies! Everything about him is precious, but the X eyes are the best part! 😭
  • Pigs: Agnes, almost made the cut for my new island, she’s very pretty!
  • Rabbits: Sasha, was previously Ruby! I already thought he was so adorable and loved his color scheme, and when they revealed that he was he/him and Lazy personality I fell even more in love! 😭🖤
  • Rhinos: Spike! I’ve considered him for my dreamy list before! Love his design!
  • Sheep: Eunice, she made the cut for my last island but unfortunately not this time 😭 She’s adorable though and her personality and everything about her is just so soft!
  • Squirrels: Tasha, she’s on the cusp of debating to put her on my new island! Mostly for aesthetic, and I love her house design!
  • Tigers: Tybalt, I don’t like any of them but he was one of my starters on my first island? 😭
  • Wolves: Lobo, I just had him randomly move in on my island and I actually think he’s pretty cool? Solid aesthetic, and when I walked into his house he had KK Rock playing too 😭 I’m actually considering keeping him now!
That was a lot, but it was cool to look at villagers I don’t typically consider! 😭🖤

I am very picky person when it comes to the look of the animals so.

Artwork of Roswell
Alligator
: Roswell - Don't really like any of them. He looks like a piece of candy
Artwork of Antonio
Anteater
: Antonio - Don't really like any of them either. His design looks the most clean.
Artwork of Megan
Bear
: Megan -She looks endearing, glad she was introduced in the game.
Artwork of Piper
Bird
: Piper - Not really a fan of any of their designs - but she has my real name.
Artwork of Stu
Bull
: Stu - Don't really like any of their designs either, but I like his color palate.
Artwork of Rudy
Cat
: Rudy - He is my favorite villager period. Very clean design and super cute. He was one of my first villagers in New Leaf and always continued to love him.
Artwork of Goose
Chicken
: Goose - Once again not really a fan of any of the designs. But I would cook and eat him?
Artwork of Norma
Cow
: Norma - The only cow I wouldn't turn into a steak. She's cute.
Artwork of Maple
Cub: Maple
- Always had her in my towns in the earlier games, still very cute.
Artwork of Beau
Deer: Beau -
This one was hard, I was super happy when they introduced deer in New Leaf. A lot of them are very cute, but Beau would have to my favorite one of them.
Artwork of Bea
Dog: Bea
- This one pretty easy. I love the freckles and blush on the nose. Very cute.
Artwork of Bill
Duck
: Bill - There is only a cute couple of ducks. Bill happens to be the cutest.
Artwork of Celia
Eagle: Celia
- I don't really like any of their designs too much, but I've had Celia as my villager before and she was sweet.
Artwork of Dizzy
Elephant
: Dizzy - Couple cute elephants, Dizzy is the cutest. I also love that he is practically a child.
Artwork of Jeremiah
Frog
: Jeremiah - Like his wiggly mouth, and reminds me of Blue's Clues.
Artwork of Sherb
Goat
: Sherb- He's such a soft little boi, so precious.
Artwork of Boone
Gorilla
: Boone -Don't really like any of their designs, Boone just happens to look the best to me.
Artwork of Hamlet
Hamster
: Hamlet - No great designs, Hamlet has the cleanest.
Artwork of Biff
Hippo
: Biff - Don't like any of them, Biff just the least repulsive.
Artwork of Papi
Horse
: Papi - Something about him just makes me think of a kink.
Artwork of Mathilda
Kangaroo
: Mathilda - Kangaroos are one of my favorite animals but I feel like they're all poorly designed, however I like Mathilda. Reminds me of the movie, and witchy vibes.
Artwork of Melba
Koala
: Melba - Super cute, I think I've had her as a villager before.
Artwork of Rex
Lion
: Rex - The only one who looks nice. Looks dopey.
Artwork of Flip
Monkey
: Flip - I would pick Champ, but he's not really in the game anymore. Flip is the second best thing. Not great designs.
Artwork of Chadder
Mouse
: Chadder - I love how he looks like a giant block of cheese, rest of the mice suck.
Artwork of Marina
Octopus
: Marina - Not a lot of options, but Marina is super cute. I've had her a couple of times.
Artwork of Flora
Ostrich
: Flora - It was tough between her and Julia. Both are super cute and both great designs - but Flora just looks a tad better.
Artwork of Wade
Penguin
: Wade - This was a little hard too, but I love Wade. He's a super cutie.
Artwork of Gala
Pig
: Gala - Probably the only decent looking Pig, she's kind of cute.
Artwork of OHare
Rabbit
: O'Hare - I LOVE rabbits, but I feel like the designs aren't amazing. A couple of good ones, but I remember O'Hare from the Island, and He's super chill looking.
Artwork of Hornsby
Rhino
: Hornsby - He reminds me of Dizzy, both are very kid like and it's precious.
Artwork of Dom
Sheep
: Dom - Not a lot of great designs, so glad Dom came around. He's very cute and gay, and I needed that.
Artwork of Sylvana
Squirrel
: Sylvana - There is like a bunch of cute squirrels, but something about Sylvana is very striking - I love her trail.
Artwork of Bangle
Tiger
: Bangle - Love her design, very simple and cute.
Artwork of Fang
Wolf
: Fang - Very sleek design - I like it.

Back