• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

who are your most favourite villagers of all time? 💞

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
Leopold has been my #1 favourite for a long time now, even before the Welcome Amiibo thing happened (I was so excited to see that they brought him back hehee 💕). he was a jock villager in AC:GCN but his appearance screams "smug" so I'm glad they changed him in New Leaf. he's meant to be a teacher, he looks like one of those "too cool for school" hipster college professors and I vibe w it. 😂

my other favourites used to be Filbert and Pietro, and I do still love them very much, but my #2 favourite now is easily Freya. I love her colour scheme and her appearance matches her personality so well. she's honestly just adorable and I love her dearly. 🥺💗

my #3 favourite is definitely Static. he was the first squirrel villager I ever had and I really love his design and colour scheme. and he might be cranky but he has perhaps the most smug face of all of them lol. 😌

I'm blessed to have all three of them in my Gamecube town, and every other town has at least one of them.

besides the ones mentioned above, I also really love Bangle, Pippy, Chief, Woolio, Sue E, Zucker, Sasha, and Nosegay. 🥰

My favorite villager of all time is Antonio. I love long-nosed animals and anteaters in particular, so I was thrilled when he moved into my Wild World town (Mooville). He was a permanent resident of my New Leaf town (Feldspar) and my NH island (Anthology) as well.

My other absolute top-tier villagers are:

Vesta
Benjamin
Dora
Peewee
Tipper
Walt
Lolly
Deli
Pashmina
Bubbles
Huck

My favorite villager of all time is T-Bone, I love bovines, blue is my favorite color, and cranky is my favorite personality.

My other favorites are:

Rodeo
Vic
Stu
Angus
Chrissy
Francine
Tipper
Patty

dobie and bob. i adore the cranky old man that dobie is, i like the dynamic that him and the player have when he's nice to them as well. i like bob because hes a silly purple cat, he's so cute!

Pietro, Kabuki and Drago were my top 3 for a very long time. It wasn't until recently when I started up a playthrough of GameCube Crossing did I start to like Tad. Now he's one of my besties.
Pietro makes me smile, he just is fun.
Drago I like because I love dragons.
And Kabuki... back in Wild World, he pinged me while wearing a shirt I had made. And he said something like "See this shirt I'm wearing? You made it, didn't you? I really like it, I'm actually a big fan of your work!". He also gave me gifts on my birthday in Wild World.
Other favorites of mine include Ketchup, Bluebear, Willow, Julian, Phoebe, Woolio (though I've never had him, I just think he's neat), Stitches, Marcel, Cherry, Butch, Angus, and many, many more.
On a previous island, I had Pietro, Marcel and Stitches run an amusement park. Pietro and Marcel were entertainers, while Stitches gave out prizes.
You might have noticed I didn't list any normal personality villagers. That's because I love most of them. They're usually some of the cutest, but they're also complete sweethearts. If I had to pick a top one... probably Marcie. She has the same name as my grandma, so when I want to have representation of my grandparents on the island, Marcie is my grandma and Murphy is my grandpa. Not sure why Murphy reminds me of my grandpa so much, but he does.

Those will have to be Eugene, Raddle, Ketchup and Petri.

Eugene has a huge story of mine, the moment I saw him I was like “I desperately need him in my town”. But there was another koala villager who I also wanted named Lyman. I didn’t want both, so I made the decision to see who would be my permanent villager. This was a very difficult decision for me, but in the end I chose Eugene and I don’t regret it.

For Raddle, I was searching back in 2012 on the e+ villagers that I never saw before. There were some hits and miss but Raddle of course took my eyes. I made a Private Thread in ACC about the e+ villagers and Raddle was the main focus of the thread. I was so happy when he came back in the Welcome Amiibo update along with Ketchup.

And finally, Petri was one of the 2.0 villagers that really caught my eye the most when I was looking at the Series 5 Amiibo cards. I was so hyped to have her so when the 2.0 update came out I was immediately hunting for her. It only took about 300 islands before finding her, and when I did I only saw the back of her and was like: “Nah, that’s just Penelope.” But I looked again then I was like: “Wait a minute, Penelope doesn’t have her bow strings looking like that, *GASP!* could it be!?” And it sure was Petri, so I moved her in my island and the rest is history.

I love Rosie very much, she was one of my original villagers in the first game and she's been with me on nearly every game since then.

I'm a bit indecisive about my #1 favorite right now. I'd say it's any of these:
Kiki
Pate
Marina
Cece
Viché

1710480837817.png
1710480837817.png
1710480837817.png

but i also really like Bea <3 <3

Unfortunately, a lot of my favorite villagers are exclusive to the GameCube so I never get to see them unless I'm messing around with it.

Bessie lived next to player housing and she was my best friend as a kid. I remember she had some dialogue asking about what was under my hat, something I was immensely curious about, and I was so disappointed when the option I responded with didn't tell me lol

Sue E had a house next to the slope and she was such a little busybody. She was a snooty villager, so not the nicest by any means, but I loved the crap out of that purple pig! When I made my latest GameCube town last year I actually cried when I saw that she moved in. CRIED. It was so embarrassing 😩

Those are probably my favorites, although I loved all of my villagers from that first town. I really wish Nintendo would bring them back.

(Bessie is the blue cow and Sue E is the purple pig.)
300px-Bessie_PG.pngSue_E_e-Reader.png

A couple months ago, I would have said Rooney.

However, I find myself more attached to Apollo nowadays. <333
Being able to have him in all five mainline games makes him easier and more fun to favorite. <3333
He's such a tough n' gruff handsome bald eagle with a heart of gold! 💛

I'd probably say Melba. I just love her so so much. I have had her in so many of my cities and islands, sadly she doesn't quite fit in my actual island so she's not there.
Also, during my New Horizons playthrough I have found myself absolutely enamored with Purrl. I just love her so so much even though I didn't pay her any attention before. I remember making a lot of dreamies lists and one day while making one I stumbled upon her and thought that she actually looked amazing (for some reason her eyes always threw me off), and now here we are, and she might come and take Melba's place.

My most recent favorites are Zucker and Freckles! They both ended up being starters for me on my island and I just ended up growing to adore both of them, lol. I really like Puck as the hockey penguin, even though I don't think I've ever had him in an Animal Crossing game. Some other notables for me include Boomer (one of my original 10 villagers in NH, and the only other one aside from Freckles/Zucker that stuck around the longest), Merengue (had her in both NL + NH), Cookie (had her in NL but I think maybe the original AC?) and also Tangy (I just remember her in the original AC and loving the fruit theme of her house, lmao).

My favorite villager is Mac! I love him along with every other dog villager. For non-dog villagers, I love Kyle and Chief.

I’ve been saying for the past couple years that Shino is my #1 favourite villager, but after thinking about it and participating in the Farewell to New Leaf Online event, I think my #1 favourite might still be Beau after all!

I first saw him on a list of all villagers in New Leaf, prior to its NA release. I’m pretty sure I only knew him as his Japanese name then as well, which is ペーター (or Pētā/Peter). Deers have been my favourite animal for as long as I can remember, and deer villagers being introduced in New Leaf was one of the biggest reasons why I got the game! I adored all of the deer villagers as soon as I saw them, but Beau was immediately my favourite. I can’t remember why or what drew me to him, I just remember that out of the 50 different versions of my dreamies list that I made, he was on every one. 💕 I was also into writing silly AC stories at the time, and I often wrote him, Zell and Fauna as the best of friends! Fauna and Zell are also super special to me as a result, and it means so much to me that I was able to have all 3 of them at the same time in New Leaf and New Horizons! Fauna and Zell have since left my island, but my Beau is still there, and always will be! I can’t imagine not having him in every AC game I play now. 🥹

I honestly have so many other favourite villagers that I’d be here all night if I tried to list them all, but some of my other most special favourites are:

IMG_6842.png
Shino - When I went into the New Horizons 2.0 update Direct, I was not expecting any new villagers in general to be introduced, let alone a new deer! I literally screamed when I saw her! Shino is such a gorgeous villager, and I love that her birthday is on Halloween! She’s just an all-around beautiful, spooky baby! I love her so much, and am so happy to have her on my island!

IMG_6843.gif
Tangy - Wild World was my first AC game (and one of my first games in general), and Tangy is the first ever villager that I met! I found her house before I found my own, and I remember talking to her, hoping she’d give me some insight on how to play this wondrous new game. Though, if I couldn’t grasp the outright tutorials that I was given, I’m not sure there was anything that Tangy could’ve done for me. 😂 I was a very stupid kid!

IMG_6844.gif
Kiki - As the only fully black cat villager, Kiki is incredibly special to me, and reminds me of my late black kitty, Zeva. Though, Zeva’s eyes were green instead of yellow. I have fond memories of having her in Wild World as well!

IMG_6845.gif
Lolly - Lolly was a random move-in in Clarity (my second and main New Leaf town), and plopped her house right next to mine. I had never seen her before, but I immediately thought she was the sweetest, most adorable little kitty! Since she was my next-door neighbour, she was often the first thing I saw every day when I booted up my game, and the first villager I’d talk to! I was incredibly fond of her, and she was most definitely one of my favourites! She was still there when I stopped playing in 2017, and there’s a big part of me that hopes that someone got my game, kept Clarity, and she’s still there now. I actually ended up having her in New Horizons for a while, but since most of the factors that initially made me fond of her in New Leaf weren’t there in New Horizons (other than her still being a sweet, adorable kitty), our connection wasn’t the same, and I eventually let her go. She’s still one of my favourites and is still very special to me, though. 🤍

IMG_6846.gif
Bow - I never played the original Animal Crossing, and therefore have never met Bow, but I’m still very fond of him! I think him (and Meow) are so adorable, and I’m so sad that I’ll more than likely never get to experience either of them!

IMG_6847.gif
Sprinkle - She was one of my New Leaf dreamies, and was also still in Clarity when I stopped playing! Her house was super close to Re-Tail, and I often found her in there, or wandering around it and her house. I don’t think I was super attached to her in New Leaf beyond thinking she was adorable, b that’s definitely changed in New Horizons! I adore so many of the peppies, but when I was creating my dreamies list for New Horizons, I couldn’t fathom having any of them other than her (and Audie)! I was actually looking for her the night I found Beau while island hopping, and I eventually found her as well! I still think she’s adorable of course, but I now can’t imagine any future town/island/wherever our characters live next of mine without her. I love her so much that I’ve even written a story about her and Whitney, and have a headcanon that they’re best friends/potentially girlfriends.

IMG_6848.png
Audie - I adored her the moment I saw her in the New Horizons Direct! I loved (and still do) how vibrant and bold her design is, and thought it was so fitting for the tropical island theme! I also thought it was so sweet that she was potentially named after the New Leaf grandma, though I know that was never actually confirmed or denied! When New Horizons came out, she was the only villager I absolutely needed to have, and she ended up being in my campsite after I was having a rough morning irl! She was truly my light in the darkness for me that day. The ironic thing is is that right before I went into the tent, I literally said “haha what if it’s Audie”… and there she was. :’) I remember just sitting there and staring at her for several minutes before I got over my shock and talked to her LOL. She’s still on my island to this day, and I still adore her just as much as I did then!

Punchy has been my favorite since NL; Nl was the first Animal Crossing game that I spent hours playing. I love how smug and sassy he looks even though he is a lazy and his design reminded me of a friend’s cat.

Kiki has been a favorite ever since I adopted her in NL from someone on here. I love black cats so much. ☺️ The black cat I had was more of a snooty though 😸.

Marshal was a favorite since NL too. I love his sulky expression. I didn’t like smugs at the time but I loved him right away. ☺️

Merry & Rosie. I loved their designs right away and having them.

Gaston - initially I didn’t like him but I grew very attached to him and he has been a favoritr since then.

Roscoe - I traded for him in NL and he has been another favorite of mine since then. 🙂

There are probably others but those are all the ones I can think of right now 🙂

My forever favorites are Aurora and Whitney, due to nostalgia for my original Wild World town (and at this point, for my old New Leaf town as well, into which I put them due to the original aforementioned nostalgia. It's a vicious cycle)

Aurora is the penguin ever, and Whitney is very pretty! PLUS. The stereo in Whitney's house plays Lucky K.K. in WW and NL, so of course as a little kid of Irish descent I was popping off about that. YEAAAH IRISH WOLF ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Fun fact, Whitney is one of the only things giving me pause about resetting my New Horizons Island, because she was a random move-in on my birthday in 2020. A gift from the universe itself, can I really toss this away?

Eh, probably sooner or later. At least I'll always have the story!

Side note, even though she is not an all-time face (YET) I am loving the Sue E praises being sung in this thread. She's so cool!!! I have her in my Gamecube town that I revisit every now and then (unless of course she has moved away since I haven't opened the game in months LOL) and I'm hoping she will eventually get the Welcome Amiibo treatment and be brought back for new games!

Back