• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Style of Tools Do You Like?

What is your favorite style of tools in New Horizons?

• Total voters

Halloqueen

is manifesting hybrid roses
Bells
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
There are a few different styles of tools available in New Horizons.

- Flimsy
- Standard
- Colorful
- Outdoorsy
- Golden

There are also a few tool-specific varieties:

- Elephant Watering Can
- Fish Fishing Rod
- Printed-Design Shovel
- Star Net

Me? I like the standard tools and Outdoorsy the most.

I do like the purple Colorful Net though, and I like that the bobber on the Colorful Fishing Rod is a rubber ducky. I also think the various styles of the Elephant Watering Can are pretty adorable, though I don't water flowers that often so watering cans don't tend to get much use from me.

I've never made any Golden Tools in New Horizons since the item durability in this game, and the inability to customize them to refresh uses, makes them seem pointless to craft compared to the others and I feel like they're a waste of hard-to-find gold nuggets. I had someone craft a Golden Axe just as a display piece though.

What about you? Which styles of tools do you like the most in New Horizons?

Last edited:
i tend to just use the standard tools, but appearance-wise my favourite are the colourful tools. i love the vibrant colours and kidcore vibes of them; the rubber ducky bobber on the fishing rod is especially cute. the purple and pink colourful net also reminds me of the cheshire cat, which makes me think of my mom (the cheshire cat is her favourite fictional character). 💕

but to be more specific, my favourite tools are the printed-design shovel, fish fishing rod, and elephant watering can!

I just stick to the regular tools, but the colored ones are nice. I always preferred the aesthetic of the silver tools over the gold tools. Silver is a nicer color in my opinion because it's closer to a shade of blue than gold is, lmao.

I don't have much preference, though I find the colorful tools to be the most fun. Standard is just easy to equip.

The elephant watering can is very cute but I use them more as decorative props and I don't often reach in the cabinet to buy the tools. I just craft them.

generally stick to the standard ones but mostly as I'm far behind on the nook miles task for crafting tools so use ones that will break quicker without the annoyance of how quickly the flimsy ones need replacing - if I was ignoring the task then I'd go for colourful tools

I like the look of the flimsy set but I mostly don't use flimsy tools just because the breaking is annoying. Here's what I usually use:
Net: Star net only
Watering Can: Elephant watering can only
Fishing Rod: Any
Slingshot: Any
Shovel: Standard
I would say I craft/buy tools roughly equally but the star net and elephant watering can are always worth the bells for me

I go for the Golden tools; it's true that they do break eventually and it's incredibly annoying that that's even a thing with them, but for what it's worth they do at least last a long time before they break, so it lets me forget about it until they break and I have to craft them again

I'd rather go for tools that will let me work uninterrupted than having to craft a whole new set more frequently, though the Star net is very cute 😆

My favourite tool out of them all is the rubber duck fishing rod:
1699524943637.png

I love it in all the colours but the yellow rubber duck is my favourite :)

I typically craft and use standard tools because it's easier for me. I love the look of the rubber duck fishing rod, though. My island has a yellow/purple/white color scheme, so I can it being used as a decoration on the dock or in a fish market build when I see it. 🥰

For me, I don't necessarily choose them based on set, but have a different favorite for each individual tool. I love the Elephant Water Can, the Fish Fishing Rod, Golden Slingshot, Flimsy Shovel, Star Net, and Stone Axe.

Colorful all the way, not even a contest. Particularly the pink/blue/yellow, yellow/blue/light green, and pink/purple/green. The first two color combos I listed match my bright, happy kidcore island vibe perfectly!

I use the standard tools, but I really love the star net and the flower-print shovel! I wish we could make those too!

I like whatever's on sale at my Nookling's when I'm too lazy to make something for myself!!

I don't think this fits into the one style of the Tools but I like the most:
Colorful fishing rod or Fish fishing rod, the one and only Star net ❤️ , Printed-design shovel and Elephant watering can. I don't find any of the slingshots very appealing.

as a set, outdoorsy's my favourite. am too lazy to get the materials from storage and craft my own tools. star net is also rad though

My favorite for each tool!

Watering Can: Elephant, especially the gray, pink, and blue variations
Fishing Rod: Fish, especially the light blue and purple variations
Net: Star, especially the light blue, pink, and yellow variations
Shovel: Printed-design, especially the pink variation
Slingshot: Standard, especially the blue, white, purple, gray, and pink variations
Axe: Standard

So I guess standard is my favorite style overall since I picked it for both the slingshot and axe!

Back