• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which food textures bother you?

Drawdler

Profile comments open to water flowers 💐✨
Bells
Switch
4463-2469-1897
Island
Gondwana
White Pansy
White Pansy
Purple Violet
White Violet
Yellow Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
I kinda like the taste and crisp aspect to walnuts but they have a really awkward oiliness on top of that so I never eat them. I’m also not a fan of jelly textures anymore to be honest.

I think avocado 🥑 they are so creamy and moist. It's more likr butter and not what I want from my veggies lol

it’s not a food texture, but i don’t like drinks that have chunks or anything solid/not liquid in them. i’m not talking about stuff like rotten milk or anything like that lol, but rather drinks like orange juice with pulp in it. it grosses me out so much if i take a sip of my drink and there’s anything but liquid in my mouth after, even if i know it’s nothing gross. the only exceptions are smoothies and milkshakes with fruit chunks in them— i’m still not a big fan, but i’ll drink them.

There's not really a food texture that exists that bothers me. There are a few foods I dislike, but it isn't because of their texture.

Slime
Like pudding. I don't like pudding.
I don't like whipped yogurt. Nor whipped cream.
I also don't like jello unless I'm really sick.

I think the fibres in mangoes bother me, but that's all I can think of fruitwise. Oh, yeah. Any foods with fibres bother me like tough meats that get stuck in your teeth.

Does meat or fish with bones count? I think it might have to do with a bad experience I had when I was young, so I will usually order boneless meat or fish if it's available on the menu. If I'm eating out with family and friends, and boneless is not available on the menu, then I won't inquire about it and I'll still eat meat or fish with bones - it's just not preferred and the meal isn't as enjoyable, I guess. For food delivery, I may ask if there's a boneless option or if it's a fish fillet, though.

Another food I can think of is apple peels. I prefer my apple slices without them.

The texture of porridge really grosses me out for some reason, I can't deal with it 😭 Fat on meat is the same, it makes me feel like I'm about to choke. I know there's a couple others, but those are the main ones off the top of my head.

The dried up marshmellows in lucky charms cereal. Last time I tried to eat them I got goosebumps from the texture of the dehydrated marshmellows against my teeth. I won't try that again

same with pudding, i literally can't swallow it unless it's like a dime sized amount. i can eat smooth yogurt but if there's chunks in it it's generally the same thing

I hate slimy textures!! For example, when egg whites don't solidify...ew, ew, ew. I also hate the texture of a boiled egg!

I don’t think food textures bother me. I dislike foods for their taste and not their texture.

I don't know why but I hate eating onions directly. Even though I don't outright hate their flavor, I simply do not like knowing that I'm consuming them. So if they are included in a dish, they have to be blended in so well that I don't notice. It's incredibly silly, and I feel like I've inadvertently insulted a few people because of this misunderstanding. But it's a quirk I've always had to deal with.

I cannot stand mashed potatoes. I like potatoes otherwise but I just cannot eat them without getting grossed out. I will, however, eat skordalia which is a dip that is similar and has garlic in it (yum) :9

I also hate meat patties. There is just something so disgusting to me about that shape. I’m very picky about meat and especially beef in general. Little bits of beef crumble can make me say nope to an otherwise good food.

The texture of porridge really grosses me out for some reason, I can't deal with it 😭 Fat on meat is the same, it makes me feel like I'm about to choke. I know there's a couple others, but those are the main ones off the top of my head.
Fat ruins otherwise good meat…there’s nothing quite like the horrid experience of eating some great pulled pork and then getting a glob of fat it’s just… it served its purpose and it’s not meant for the mouth XP at least, not in that state. That’s what gelatin is for ^^

I don't necessarily have a food texture that bothers me that comes readily to mind, but rather, I'm greatly bothered by the mixing of textures. If I'm eating something smooth or soft, I don't want hard bits of nuts or fruit or whatever else to be mixed in.

If I think of anything specific, I'll make another post, but yeah I think it's mostly just when something's not consistent.

I don't necessarily have a food texture that bothers me that comes readily to mind, but rather, I'm greatly bothered by the mixing of textures. If I'm eating something smooth or soft, I don't want hard bits of nuts or fruit or whatever else to be mixed in.

--

Last edited:
Jelly for sure, I can eat it in trifles but on its own for me is a no, I wretch at the thought of the texture going down my throat so I avoid. Daughter loves it though so we always have it in😅

Back