• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you own any indoor plants?

Gabby

Ancient Member
Bells
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Rose
Red Rose
Purple Violet
White Violet
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Plants have really become popular and I love cultivating and owning indoor plants. I have a cute plant shelf in my kitchen with most of my plants. I have spider plants, an umbrella tree, a polka dot plant, and some bamboo. Right now I’m cultivating my spider plants and hoping to put them all over the house. I also have a philodendron and a couple pothos. And of course, I have a few cactuses and succulents (some of which I’ve been able to successfully grow from cuttings!)

What about you? What sort of plants do you have? This could also be a space for sharing tips/tricks!

got an ivy in my room. shall buy some friends for him soon!!!! (thinking about purchasing a string of tears and spoober plant). going to wait until sun levels increase so they can thrive and be happ. maybe also something a bit more smol tooooo

The few times I've kept plants, tiny flies and spiders spawn from them. ⚠️🕷️🕸️🪰 What's up with that?? I'd love to have some sort of bonsai in my bedroom or something similar, but I don't want little critters dancin' around like some 1960's cartoon accompanied by an upbeat orchestral melody, all bobbing around in sync and whatnot. 😤👎

i have a pink and green plant idk the name of but it's been two years and it's still alive, i have to trim it back a lot otherwise the leaves get too long and droop too much. it's a real chill guy, doesn't need much light just indirect, some water each week. good to go. repotted it once so far and it's still doing alright.

i have a pink and green plant idk the name of but it's been two years and it's still alive, i have to trim it back a lot otherwise the leaves get too long and droop too much. it's a real chill guy, doesn't need much light just indirect, some water each week. good to go. repotted it once so far and it's still doing alright.
Does it look like this?

1707165588737.png

If so, it's a Polka Dot plant! Love these little guys.

Does it look like this?

If so, it's a Polka Dot plant! Love these little guys.
no, not quite! i used to have a polka dot plant but it died once it got flowers. it's similar to that, though, cept it's more vein-y than dotty. googled it and apparently its just called a nerve plant?

fittonia-pink-angel-leaves.jpg

I don’t have any plants. They all die on me. Even the succulent plant that my sister gave me.

no, not quite! i used to have a polka dot plant but it died once it got flowers. it's similar to that, though, cept it's more vein-y than dotty. googled it and apparently its just called a nerve plant?

fittonia-pink-angel-leaves.jpg
Interesting! I've seen these before but never knew the name.

The few times I've kept plants, tiny flies and spiders spawn from them. ⚠️🕷️🕸️🪰 What's up with that?? I'd love to have some sort of bonsai in my bedroom or something similar, but I don't want little critters dancin' around like some 1960's cartoon accompanied by an upbeat orchestral melody, all bobbing around in sync and whatnot. 😤👎
Sometimes it depends where you get them from, if you are watering enough, if they are in enough sunlight, etc. Sick plants usually attract pests. So if you try again, I’d make sure you were using a good quality soil and watering regularly :) but not TOO much
Post automatically merged:

i once killed a cactus. so ;(
Cactuses can be tricky! The key is to let them dry out just a little, but I water my cactuses about every 2 weeks. They do need water to be healthy!

I have a small succulent in my room. I got it from Home Depot, and it has a plant-safe purple dye, but you can see more of the green roots the more it grows. I only have to water it every couple weeks, so it’s pretty low-maintenance.

Not yet, I've been really wanting to get some. Probably going to go with some cacti for now.

I'm thinking in buying one for the bathroom but I live out in the countryside so most of my plants are outside.

I have one plant that I got for Christmas in 2022 that is still alive! I would like to get more plants one day, I like the idea of a hanging plant for my living room.

i don't, it's a lot of work and i'm not great at taking care of plants as it is so i probably won't.

years ago an ex gave me a polka-dot plant as a gift and while it was cute his instructions on how to care for it were totally wrong lol, it was stressful having to do all the research on how to get it back to strength and to care for it.

I have one plant that I got for Christmas in 2022 that is still alive! I would like to get more plants one day, I like the idea of a hanging plant for my living room.
Yes, I love hanging plants! I want them all over my living room as well!

I have a Christmas cactus I took from my parents place. It bloomed flowers over the winter.

I have 2 cacti! I've had them both for 5 years. One of them is tall & skinny and the other is fairly small (about the size of my hand) and sprouts pink flowers during the summer months 💚🌸

Back