• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you eat food that falls on the floor?

SkyKnight03

elegy
Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Sky Clouds Scenery
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Pink Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Sweet Balloon
I guess for me it depends on the food and how long it's been dropped. (and the floor).

If I drop an entire slice of pizza then I'll salvage it from the floor to prevent my disappointment and heart break. Because I probably really wanted that pizza. A piece of candy? probably not worth it. just grab another.

If I spot anything amiss on the food after I drop (even a speck), then it goes straight to the garbage. There's also a bit of a tainted feeling to it anyways so I wouldn't say this is common for me.

The school cafeteria was doomed. The floor was obviously dirty (kids running in and out with shoes on) and dropped food meant I was probably going to be hungry for the rest of the day. With the small portions and all, each bite counts. Dropped food there meant straight to the garbage.

Generally no. If something falls on the floor I almost always get rid of it because it's not worth possibly getting sick from it.

if it looks dirty then no, but if it doesn't look bad and has only been there a few seconds I'll eat it

I was about to make that floor ice cream reference but I just had to.

Actually, I never ate food from the floor because I thought it was disgusting and filled with harmful bacteria though. But...

"Floor ice cream gives you health!"

(I didn't actually eat floor ice cream and you shouldn't eat ice cream on the floor.)

If it's something big I can cut off or remove what touched off the floor- MAYBE. Usually, it's a no for me though- too many germs and who knows what on the floor...

Well, if it was in the wrapper (like a candy or granola bar), I would eat it. Otherwise, no.

Depends on how bad I want it, what kind of food it is, and how dirty the floor is. A cupcake? Down the hatch. A little piece of meat? Nah.

i would say it depends on what it is 🤔 i have a pretty strong stomach and i don't believe in wasting food. something big like a slice of pizza or a slice of bread or something that's pretty easy to just wipe off and eat tbh. as long as it's salvageable and you can just wipe off whatever part you dropped i don't think it's a big deal. obviously for stuff that you can't save like drinks/more liquidy items, then it's a no from there.

yeah, sometimes?? unless it's a sweet stuff that's all gone on to the floor somehow, then i'll cut the stuff that hasn't touched the floor and eat that and get rid of the stuff that did. depends how i'm feeling about the foodstuffs and what the vibes are

absolutely not, I live in a house with a bunch of cats and a dog so you know anything that touches the floor is gonna be covered in dirt and hair 🤢

If I dropped a cookie on the floor at home then probably. But like if I dropped spaghetti on the side walk then it's a no from me

I usually don’t. Keagan usually gets to it first anyway, so I don’t even have to pick it up.

Usually not. I mean, I live in a house with 4 dogs. That would be gross whether or not I mopped that day.
But if we were outside in a clear area in the grass, maybe. I mean I feel like it isn't much different than picking fruit or veggies. Running water over stuff isn't much different than blowing air.
Public building? Forget it.

It depends on the situation.
A while back, I bought something from a coffee shop and ordered a sandwich. but it slipped out of the little to-go packing and fell onto the floor. I took a few seconds to think about what to do since there was so many people around.
My thought process being something like : Oh god, why did that drop. Should I pick it up. Should I throw it away? That's such a waste if I throw it away....
After that, I picked it up and put it into the little bag again , realized that someone was watching me, made eye contact with them and left.
I ate it

I definitely subscribe to the 5-10 second rule ;) it does depend on the surface, but there’s dirt everywhere and it can’t hurt me that much! If I’m worried I will rinse something off before I eat it though. My stomach acid is strong enough to kill most things!

Now, would I feed that piece of food to another person? Absolutely not. But I do eat a lot of leftovers and things that I wouldn’t ever subject another person to. But I hate wasting food, so that usually outweighs my fear of food poisoning and so far I’ve been pretty lucky about it:)

Back