When you first started your island, did you reset for a specific airport colour, starter villager, native fruit etc?

Did you reset for anything specific when you first started your island?

• Yes

Votes: 53 46.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 44.7%
  • Other?

Votes: 10 8.8%

• Total voters
I don't remember how many times I restarted, but it was mainly for fruit, I didn't want peaches again. For the town hall to not be in such a bad place, and the lil' small beach area where Redd goes to be in the middle.
I competely didnt realise about the airports colour. I got cherries for mine which I have neevr had either~

Resetting the game for island preferences is one of the most annoying annoyances of this game. Why couldnt they allow us to choose our island fruit, airport color and where residence services and where the dock and all of that stuff go?!?!? Four options clearly wasn't enough.. it's honestly just a negative aspect of the game entirely and it's really unfair and mentally exhausted to players to make them reset so much
Post automatically merged:

When you look at a high number of players who've said they spent hours days and weeks reseting you would understand. Having to replay the beginning sequence so many times. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. It's not good for the brain most certainly to reset hundreds of times.

whenever i start a new island on acnh, i always think about the fruit, airport colour and flower which i think is suitable for all of my islands. 🏝 i don't mind the flowers, but the fruits and airport colours occasionally make me feel picky lol. 😂

for my current rainbow kidcore themed island, i didn't mind what i wanted. 🌈 i got pears, a green airport and pansies, which is ok. 🍐💚🏵 i don't like pansies, but i got two starter villagers which i LOVE (scoot and renée), so i took the island and it is going well! 🦆🦏💕

Lol just bought my wife a new switch and game, she's currently resetting for an Orange Airport and the right two villagers. Going on day two now.

No. I played the game as soon as it was playable on release and I was too excited to worry about that kind of thing. I didn't end up really caring about it, either, now that I know what the differences are. I only reset in New Lesf for grass pattern and fruit because it mattered more with perfect fruits. I felt like the differences weren't as prominent in this game.

i started ACNH the day it came out and i reset a BUNCH because i wanted to get dom lol. now i don't really care, i've reset my island a couple times and i generally just take the first thing i get. unless i get an ugly villager...

I've reset so many times that I've forgotten exactly how many xD It's never been for native fruit or airport color, but because my ADHD brain can't decide what I want to do with my island. I build like half of it and then start to hate it and instead of tearing it all down I just reset.

I didn’t reset at all, I don’t really know why. I was too impatient and excited to start playing 😂 I was okay with any fruit except peaches, and any airport except orange. So I got peaches and an orange airport 😂😂 I’m okay with it though, you don’t really see the airport and I can grow the fruit trees I like

I didn't do that at all. I was fairly enamored by simply having the newest Animal Crossing game. I was accepting whatever it gave me and perfection or preference wasn't yet on my mind.

I reset mine, I don’t know how many times. I wanted a certain layout (didn’t know which ones there were so I just decided when I saw one that appealed to me the most). While I would’ve loved one of my favorites starting out, I didn’t keep resetting to get one. Instead I settled with one I thought I’d like - Rudy. Fuchsia my other starter I wasn’t sure if I’d like.

I didn't reset while creating my first town. I didn't know airport colour was a thing and I didn't really care which fruit I got. However in my second town I did reset a few times to get a good resident services and airport location.

No resets for me, I like the randomness. Any fruit is fine, I got pears. And I'm happy I ended up with the blue airport.

I did not. I’m not too picky with the native fruit and starting villagers, as I can get the other fruit and kick out the villager(s) I don’t want. The only time I think I’d reset is if I got a yellow airport, as I strongly dislike the color yellow 😂

I very briefly considered resetting to at least get either a nice looking map or decent starter villagers if I remember correctly, but I ultimately decided to just roll with it!

In retrospect I don't think there would have been much point in resetting to get a certain fruit since perfect fruit are not in the game 🙃 I do kinda wish I had a green or red airport but the yellow does look nice too!

i was itching to start my journey so i was ready to accept whatever the game gave me :^D
so thankful that the game gave me a blue airport, peaches, sparro and mira as my starters !!

I did!! I really wanted apples as my island fruit so I reset a few times for that. The first time I got apples though Katt was one of my starters... my apologies to all the Katt stans out there but she just wasn't the girly for me.

I made my island on day one so I wasn't aware of the other variations I'd be locked into which I'm glad for now, given everything is orderable! I remember feeling really jealous of the blue and white striped light house but I'd already settled into my island by then so it wasn't worth resetting for me.

My island centre being slightly off from the airport though.... I wish I had noticed that 😪

When I started my first island back when the game first launched, I didn't even know about the different airport colors, so I ended up with green. Sure, I wish I had known back then, but that island holds too many memories to reset now. However, when I acquired my second Switch and dove into my second island, I made it a mission to get the red airport color. As for starter villagers, I'm not too fussed since you can always move them out later. And as for fruit, I don't reset for that either since there is no perfect fruit like there was in New Leaf.

Okay, I guess I am a little bit out of the loop, cause from this thread I learn that the airport colour also changes???? I've never noticed it!! Guess I learn something everyday on this game (4 years of playing NH...)

Back