• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When did you play New Leaf for the first time? šŸƒ

Iā€™m a June 9th, 2013 user, I always get games Iā€™m interested in on the first day they come out, and that stays true for Animal Crossing, most Mario games and main series Pokemon games.

Uk release day which was June 14th 2013! I was always really jealous about it releasing everywhere else earlier šŸ„² but I also got the acnl 3ds xl which I will NEVER let go of

Oh, its been so long! I think maybe around 2015 or 2016. I know I didn't get it around release because many Streetpassers had really brilliant homes compared to mine. I also missed many one time events.

i canā€™t remember the exact date but i believe i made my first file on august 25, 2014. my first town is long gone but i still periodically play with my current main town which is probably the oldest file iā€™ve kept without resetting (5 years)

I donā€™t remember exactly when I first played it (since I switched from a regular 3DS to the New 2DS XL many years back), but if memory serves me correctly, it was around launch day for it.

The evening of December 25, 2013. It was my Christmas present and I had no idea what to expect. I was hooked immediately.

I never have! šŸ˜…

Seriously, I first played ac on the gamecube, have played city folk, pocket camp, new horizons, but somehow never played new leaf. I'm having a lot of fun looking through the event entries, seeing all new leaf had to offer. I kind of wish I'd gotten the game back then.

launch day! i played wild world and city folk, so i knew i was getting new leaf. i remember being so hyped seeing all the trailers when it was first revealed. i'm pretty sure i pre-ordered it. i bought a second copy a few years later, maybe 2015? and i played both of them religiously everyday until NH eventually came out. i loaded up the slightly more recent town for this event and was relieved to see everyone was still there, but i haven't touched my original copy because i'm not sure if it'll have the same luck or if someone will be gone lol.

I started playing on July 2, 2013. I was on a trip in June, so I got the game as soon as I got back! I was excited for the game since I'd already played Gamecube, Wild World and City Folk.

I was veryyyy late to the party on this one lol, I got New Leaf as a present in late 2019 and started playing on New Year's Eve of that same year. New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game altogether too! 2020 was a wild time for all of us, so I'm glad the series found me when it did. It's weird, but in my head it feels like all my days playing ACNL daily were from before the pandemic, even though I know that's not the case. I guess that means it was doing a good job of distracting me from all the stress at the time.

Sometime in 2016, I wanted to play NL and I got a copy after looking at the AC wiki all the time.
I played it everyday until my playtime got sporadic in 2020 because of NH. All I can say is that the game is very nostalgic and I enjoyed hanging out with my favorite villagers there.

July 12th 2013 if I remember correctly. I wanted the game at release but didnā€™t have money for a 3DS at the time. I actually have a bit of a story about that day but Iā€™m probably going to tell it as part of my Mayoral Memories entry so stay tuned for that if you want to know more.

Release 2013. It was purchased by an older sibling. Eventually they all moved out and I was left with the copy (which I still have).

July 1st, 2013 was the first time I played it.

I miss playing the game, I kind of wish I could get another copy to restart it all over again...

i honestly can't remember because I was very young, im actually not sure if i could read very well yet.. i might've been like 6, 7 or 8? i can remember going to the store looking for a specific game but i couldn't find it so he chose that for me.. i wish i could remember the exact time tho

Christmas of 2014. I had burned myself from previous games and didn't bother to look into NL. It wasn't until I saw some Disney commercial about how you're a mayor that my interest in it skyrocketed. It was a new mechanic that sounded like it would make the game a lot more fun and unique.

I know it was around release day but canā€™t remember which day . I was obsessed with it. I no longer have that town.

I believe I started in January of 2014! (so 10 years ago oh my..), I had gotten a 3DS for Christmas and saved up for New Leaf, played it every day after school its given me such good memories :]

we sat on ours for a week after it released so we could play on our really long trip when we went on vacation!!!

Back