• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

When did you play New Leaf for the first time? 🍃

Xara

the april fool
Bells
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Prismatic Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
I played New Leaf for the first time on June 9th 2013, its North American release date! I was in my last couple weeks of grade 5 at the time and coincidentally had the day off school that day, which made me so happy!! I was so excited to have a long weekend to myself to do nothing but play!

I played almost every day for just over 4 years, until I eventually lost interest in it and stopped playing in late 2017.

Also played it at release or very close to it, and ended up playing on and off for years. I still play it to this day because I still find new things to do and enjoy in it. Comparatively, I haven't touched my new NH island in months at this point.

I may have one of the later starting dates here. I first played on December 22, 2017. A Christmas gift from my then-gf now-wife. Played for a good 5-6 months which brought me to discover TBT when looking for hybrids.

Funny that I knew the game existed in 2013 but never played it because I wasn’t into handheld at the time. Big mistake!

June 2013, but for some reason I spent about a year repeatedly resetting my towns so the long term one I have is from September 2014

In 2013 when it came out! Like day of! That was the first day when I bought the 3DS XL as well. I remember standing there debating on the XL or regular, almost wanting the regular to save money but ultimately went for the bigger screen and thank god I did haha.

My activity log says "First Played 3/14/2014".
My sister bought it for me after I graduated high school, I remember taking my 3DS with me to college and getting so many street passes back in the good ol' days. 🥲

I played New Leaf on release day. I remember having my aunt drive to several different Gamestop stores just so I could get this game. Everywhere was sold out, but I eventually found it at the seventh store.

I started playing in July 2014 then took a pause till October the same year and played until recently.

30th of july 2013! i was also 10/11, my dad took my original towns game chip as punishment and then lost it. i was so upset since i had grinded the full princess set. i guess its best that its gone though since i named the town paris 🥲

I started playing it right at launch! I remember getting to GameStop an hour early to pick the game up since I had nothing better to do, and the manager let me in half an hour before the game launched so I could buy the game. I ended up spending a rather unhealthy amount of time playing the game in the following weeks, but it was well worth it in my opinion!

On release day! It was the day of my highschool diploma and I rushed home to play it. Was a real treat after all the stress!

I am old...

My first time playing was June 24, 2015 and I still have my town from that day! I wish I had gotten myself on to these forums back then but at least I'm here now.

my first time was july 4, 2015 🥹 i was visiting my grandparents and my grandma went ahead and bought it for me !! i was so excited and a couple days later i discovered this forum while looking up acnl related things lol

i’m pretty sure it was release day for me! i could be misremembering but if not it definitely was within the first week it released!

June 14th 2013 is when I first got the game! I don't remember much because I was sick and my sister just suddenly got it. It took a bit for me to learn there can be multiple player characters so mine was actually created on June 17th. But I briefly played on the other file before then.
I also find it very interesting I'm not the only one who had just recently graduated high school, haha.

i think i first played new leaf when i met someone on holiday when i was around 10 or 11 that had brought their 3DS with them!! i made a new profile on their 3DS and shook a lot of apple trees which i sold at retail.

It was in april of 2017 with the welcome amiibo update! My half sister got it for me as a gift and I've loved it ever since.

I preordered it, so UK release day! I remember being really envious of the US release date bc it came out on my birthday over there and I had to wait an extra few days.

Back