• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

when did you get NL?

I got New Leaf the day of release, I was to giddy that day because I did wait for 3 years for it to come out. I deleted my town multiple times after that.

I got mine WAY late on May 22nd of this year (my birthday). Wish I had gotten it earlier, then I'd be done with my dream town by now, xD

On Boxing Day -- I had got my 3DS with a digital version of Zelda link to the past game and thanks to so many other people getting Nintendo goodies I couldn't download Zelda .. so next day I went out and bought New Leaf so I'd have something to play, yay.

I got my game on Last Christmas too :D well technically a few days before that but I wasn't able to open it til Christmas Day :p

I got it in May of this year. I'm still happy with the game. Every day :)

Last edited:
I had been asking for my NL game since last october or November, I was so happy when I got it as a gift on christmas morning.

Late June of last year. Granted I missed all the months I was looking forward to experience last summer after taking an eight month break. Hopefully I'll be able to stay interested this time.

The week after Valentine's day, my 3DS was my Valentine's Day present and then I bought the game for myself :)

I got mine last year in June. Not during the release but a little bit after that.

I was like "I really want AC but do I want to buy a whole new system for it? Yes."

And it was so.

The morning of the day it came out. Man, best day ever. (I had it on reserve too)

Last edited:
The day it came out in the USA. :) I got the game guide that day too. I was the only one at that Gamestop that pre-ordered the ACNL game guide lol.

Last edited:
so many people seem to have gotten it one release day, by the time I got mine It was already more than 6 months past release date. I used to play wild world all the time. and then eventually quit wild world. I came back to it occasionally though. but when I heard about Animal crossing new leaf ( I heard about it like a week before release ) I got interested in it. I came back to wild world in late august last year and then remembered about hearing about animal crossing new leaf. I did some research on animal crossing new leaf and then decided I wanted it for christmas. I ended up getting it for christmas

I got New Leaf about a week after its North American release date (came out June 9th, got it on the 15th).

Back