• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Will you keep playing NL after online closes?

neptoons

wut
Bells
Blue Bunny Balloon
As the title reads, will you keep playing NL after online shuts down? As for me personally, I'll still play just not regularly at all. About 85% of the reasons why I still play NL are all to do with online play (Tortimer's Island, online trading & visiting people's towns, dream town visits) and after online shuts down I won't really have the motivation to make my town nice because the 'hype' for NL will likely die down and people won't be able to visit anyway.
What do you think?

Yeah, I'll just open it up on occasion. I was already taking long breaks from it, so not much is going to change for me.
I still need to work on my 3rd town, anyway.

Definitely! I've been working on completing my town as much as I can and experiencing all the in-game events since June of last year, and I can still see myself enjoying this game on my own even when the online features shut down. It's a shame dream addresses won't work anymore, but I can still share screenshots of my progress if I'm proud of anything I've done.

Of course! Though I still play all AC titles occasionally, I definitely come back to new leaf the most.
I would feel just awful abandoning my villagers...
Plus, even though we won't be able to share dreams anymore, I still want to perfect my town as much as possible!

I think I definitely will, lol. I have these phases where I'll randomly play for hours, drop it for a while, then play again. Even though online is ending, I'd feel bad not getting on to talk to my villagers like I used to when I was younger xD
I'll for sure miss playing with my friends though on NL :<

I think I will, but probably not as much. Now that im back i'm hoping to finish the stuff I never got to before, I think it was interesting forgetting the progress I made and then coming back and experiencing it all like it's new. But yeah I don't think this'll be the last time i'll ever pick it up, theres still stuff to enjoy in just the regular game.

I'm prioritizing a playthrough of Pokémon Ultra Sun after this Farewell to New Leaf Online forum event ends because I need to transfer some Ultra Beasts into Pokémon HOME while we still have Pokémon Bank functioning. As such, I won't really dedicate a whole lot of time to New Leaf in the immediate aftermath but I do intend to stick with New Leaf again after that now that this event has gotten me back into it. I always intended to keep playing New Leaf but didn't dedicate the time in the past couple years, so it was good that this event came along.

I think I will continue to play even after online support ceases since I want to see the town tree reach full size (somehow still stuck on stage 7 lol). :)

for sure! i'd feel bad for abandoning my villagers, im too attached to them lol

I think I might restart after online closes. Until NH I've played Animal Crossing by myself and I don't have any exclusives items.

How much I'll play? No idea

I don't usually use online features save for visiting other people's dreams, so servers shutting down isn't really an imminent problem. How much you wanna bet that there's going to be a fanmade revitalization anyway?

I've been playing new leaf so much these last few months (and its been amazing as someone who only just started online play!), and I know I will keep working on my town - making my houses look exactly as I want and making my town look nicer with more pwps and shrubbery since I removed so much of it to transform it into a catalog town full of nothing but items haha!

Buuut I will be taking a break from the game for a bit when online closes, it will help me be less sad I think, playing the games I've been neglecting on my 3ds without online functionality, change things up.

However, I love new leaf, and something (like possibly an unhealthy obsession) tells me I will always come back to it.

Just occasionally I imagine. I tried to get back into Wild World for the same reason, but I got too busy.

Yes, I'll still play New Leaf even after the online servers shut down for good. It holds a lot of memories for me, so I never want to forget about it and potentially deal with one of my villagers moving out.

i think i answered this in another thread, but now that i think about it i might actually continue playing on and off. i actually kinda miss this game and its charms. maybe i'll actually get around to completing my museum on my downtime.

I haven't properly played New Leaf since 2015, and even then I had rarely played online, so online shutting down doesn't really make a huge difference to me as to whether or not I'll bother playing it again, lol. Honestly, it was hard to really want to get back into it even when I briefly opened it up just to check a couple of things due to the event and the threads that have popped up, so I strongly doubt I'll ever properly return to it.

I haven't played it in a very long time. I couldn't even get back into it for this event, not that I had a copy or a console to play it on, but that's besides the point. I moved on to New Horizons when that game was released.

Back