• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite thing to do in the game?

Decorating and terraforming, just restarted my island because I haven't played in a while and I' am looking forward to redoing everything from scratch.

i love putting wrapped gifts around everywhere *sometimes hidden* for guests that arrive on my island. i usually put either expensive items *art/statues* or rare items into them, or sets, and on occasion large amounts of custom kits.

I don’t really get a chance to play anymore, unless it’s part of a forum event. But when I do get to play, I like to clean up my island’s overgrown weeds and flowers. I also like to take the Kapp’n tours. New Horizons was my first experience with Kapp’n and I fell immediately in love with his adorable sea shantys. I’d say another favorite thing of mine early on was decorating the interior of my house. I have it set how I like it now though, and I’m not one to change from something very readily once I like it. I was also really into collecting all of the clothing variations, but after my storage maxed out (before the storage update), I decided to thin it out a bit.

I just enjoy going clothes shopping and trying all these cute outfits on :p I also for some reason really enjoy fishing... which is something I hate in real life haha

The main thing would be interacting with Buck, and of course my other villagers! :ROFLMAO: I do enjoy cycling villagers as it gives me a chance to experience what the villagers are like and how different types interact with each other. The anticipation of seeing who is in the campsite whenever we have a visitor. I would also say going into Nook's Cranny, the Able Sisters and Nook Shopping, as I like to see the daily selections and buy what I don't have. :)

i mega enjoy talking to my favourite villagers!! (hornsby, rowan >>), and hearing conversations between villagers with their personality types 😌
also visiting the campsite to see which villager is visiting (i really don't know most of the villagers in the series so its pretty cool beans - might have a potential new bestie you know)
hitting up able's to buy clothing
using fish bait and basically hoping / praying that i get the fish for the month sooner rather than later so i can hit up blathers and donate them to the museum. 2 new pier fish this month?? evil. really thankful for the size fish guide oml
decorating my island with furniture and creating smol areas

i don’t get to do it very often, but my fave thing to do is go island hopping. i love the excitement of not knowing what villager will be on each island, and whether it’ll be one i want or not. meeting new villagers and obtaining their poster/photo is one of the things that keeps me playing, and island hopping is my favourite way to meet new villagers. i move in new villagers via amiibo occasionally, but it’s nowhere near as fun lol.

i also like that you can occasionally find a diy in a bottle on mystery islands, as it gives me an extra chance to maybe find one of the 4 diys i’m still missing. the mystery island layouts also help give me inspiration for my own island.

Decorating for sure! I love changing things around my island for the different seasons. The other day I picked up all of my leaf piles, given that it's gotten to be very much post-autumn at this point. And I got out some Christmas stuff to put outside of my house, although I'm waiting before I really deck out the entire island. Once snow really flies, and settles on the island, I'll remove all of my mushroom stuff and replace it with frozen items. And then once we can start getting ornaments again I'll craft a ton of Christmas stuff to put around as well. I forgot to stock up on those last year so I could make stuff earlier.

I love to decorate the outdoors and I used to love to decorate indoors until villagers started visiting me and making me play high card, low card. Other than that, I like collecting non food recipes and giving villagers gifts to get their photos. Time travel keeps me interested in the game. If it was just a daily grind, I probably wouldn't play.

i love visiting people's dream addresses, it's so fun to see all sorts of different styles and aesthetics people have chosen for their island (and even similar themes can look vastly different for each person's island!)

I like talking to my villagers, sometimes they say really funny stuff! I think I am in the minority that I like when my lazies talk about the bugs in their house, it makes me laugh. And while I am by no means any good at decorating like some off yall I like changing up my island for the different seasons. I use different flowers/bushes/fences in addition to the seasonal decorative items.

I've been really enjoying decorating lately. I love interacting with villagers and watching them go about their lives, but it's more fun if there's pretty environments for them to interact with :)

I haven't played much lately, but my favorite thing to do in the game is decorate and trying to complete the museum.

Catch bugs/Fill the Museum. It's best in the summer months if you have a lot of trees and flowers.
I also like watching villagers, fishing, going to Brewster's, and doing stuff with crops.

I do like playing the card game with villagers even though the game is lame lol. Hopefully the next AC game will have more things to actually do with your villagers beyond high card low card, guess black or red, or guess the suite.

The activities in the DLC is nice. Especially the public buildings.

Just wander around and for more weird that sounds, hunt for Villagers to get that perfect 10 i'm looking for (which i think i just found).

Back