• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite thing to do in the game?

Fruitcup

Bells
Switch
6741-6970-1025
Yellow Candy
What's your favorite thing to do in the game?
For me it's always been about the decorating but now that that's mostly done I've really been enjoying getting the nook mile achievements. I really want to collect all the furniture and clothing items but I don't think that'll be as much fun..

Terraform lol. Ive gotten into the habbit of building large areas, and buildings mostly around my villagers.

But due to the sheer amount of terraforming required, I have fun!! I also never found it tedious, along with custom paths, waterfalls, i think its one of the best ways to make a real imprint, and really make your island

Soo Terraforming has always been my go to if I have an empty area xD

Villager interaction for me. I love trying new villagers, keeping them around long enough to see if they grow on me, and seeing how the appearances of different villagers affects how the dialogue comes across. I spent a very long time getting my amiibo collection and am now methodically trying them all out.

I'm also having more and more fun terraforming and coming up with little display areas. I have a broad fairy tale/imagination theme, and I'm having a lot of fun thinking up other stories/movies I like to add. I've got things from Jack and the Beanstalk to Shrek to the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe. But there's always more stories I can add.

Completing the museum as well for me! Definitely one of my favourite things to do in the game. Still upset they removed the information on displays and make you bring stuff one at a time to Blathers to learn about whatever you're bringing to him (minus the artwork). No idea what they were thinking when they changed this.

Using the handheld items. It's a shame that all consumable food power you up. If there's one thing that I miss about ACNL is visiting the dream addresses with little wrapped gifts like an ice cream cone or perfect cherries. They were just placed there for the experience.

Definitely decorating, especially interiors. It's so much fun and with the addition of HHP and all its new gadgets; I really enjoy the process.

Another thing is creating and sharing custom designs. I used to design people's island flags/any other custom designs, unfortunately I don't have the time anymore.

I've always been drawn to the interior decorating aspect of Animal Crossing games. Unfortunately, the fully completed room sizes of our player character homes in New Horizons are awful, so I let out my creativity with the Happy Home Paradise.

I like many things but the one thing that I love doing every day is FISHING! I can fish for a long time. lol

I love doing my dailies every time I pick up the game! My favorite part is probably going to a Kapp'n island to collect materials. I also really like fishing and interior decorating!

Decorating. I've got it now to where I change things up for the seasons (and little additions for holidays), but I enjoy swapping things around and giving my island a fresh look.

I'm also a completist, so I'm working on the catalog and museum now.

My favorite thing on this game is either decorating or talking with my villagers. Being able to place items outside is amazing.

I'm working on a relatively new island, so currently the main thing I'm doing is trying to make money and installing bridges and inclines/moving houses! I'm not doing a lot of decorating at the moment.

For where my current island is at, I'd say my favourite thing to do is diving for sea creatures, just because they're my favourite critters, and chatting to my villagers. 😅🌟

I like crafting, cooking, decorating my house, and changing outfits. The outfit I have used the most on all of my Islands is the Princess Peach set. It looks so good compared to the other Mario outfits. The Mario and Luigi ones are bad per se but the mustaches look really awkward on your character. Wario’s outfit doesn’t look too bad but his mustache and shoes look really ugly.

I honestly really enjoy having a coffee in real life while simultaneaously getting a coffee at Brewsters in game, there's just something about it. Don't know if that's weird or not lol

I also really enjoy fishing, I put a podcast or music or tv on and just fish for hours sometimes, I already completed the fish portion of my museum and I got the golden rod, and I already got the Nook Inc stamp thing for catching 5,000 fish a long time ago, I just do it for fun because it's realxing

Honestly, I haven't played much in many months...because everything that I want to do seems entirely too tedious. I love the decoration aspect of New Horizons...and I would love to redo my entire town now that I have unlocked so many options. But the prospect of moving the buildings has essentially made me quit altogether. Favorite thing would be town design, if it wasn't such a pain. The game really needed to have a "put all away" option, as well as a camera that zooms all the way out.

Back