• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite Lunar New Year 2024 event?

What's your favorite Lunar New Year 2024 event?

• Bright Beginnings🏮

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Draconic Designs 🐉

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Flicker & Fortune 🎆

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Red Riches 🧧

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • The Luck of the Dragon 🥠

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters
It's between Bright Beginnings, and Dragonic Designs~
It's been nice researching about the Lunar New year, and Dragons for Chinese Traditions, and trying to add it to the work.

I am super excited to finish off my dragonic design, probably cause I took more time to trace it onto water colour paper, which hasn't been completely easy.
I wanted the design to face the same way, so if anyone's interesting, you first trace it, then turn the traceing paper on the other side, and copy the lines you already did. Once finished on that side, it be easier to turn back and usng an eraser to remove the pencil. So you only have one side with it on.
That you can trace it on the side you wanted :D

I haven't done the watercolours yet, which I am new on, but this is experimental, and going to be fun.

The lanterns was great too, and I plan to make another just for fun, and because the other design looks great~

Favourite event is the Red Riches since we're all working together as a community to gift each other red envelopes <3

Is it bad if I say Bright Beginnings? It wasn't my idea, though. I just volunteered to host, so I promise I'm not tooting my own horn.

It's been such a creative event and different from the usual tasks. I've really loved seeing all the different interpretations of a lantern.

If I'm allowed to make a bad pun, seeing all of your creations really brightens my day. 😎

You are free to groan now.

my favorite event(s) are draconic designs because I love coloring pages and the luck of the dragon because I love luck based events / raffles! I don’t mind red riches either, I think the concept of being able to gift hongbaos to other users is cute and I like community based events! but I voted for the luck of the dragon in the poll since I could only pick one.

Normally I LUV in game designing areas in game the mostest but as much fun as I had doing that one, bright beginnings DEF takes my vote this event! I have never made anything like this before, so it was such a unique experience and I really enjoyed it!

I haven't had the time to submit one myself, but I love seeing all the paper lantern entries for Bright Beginnings.

The Red Riches because of the prizes we could unlock if we keep buying and sending red envelopes.

I love the creative ACNH scenes, but Draconic Designs is my favorite. The entries are gorgeous, and it's fun to see different takes on the same starting point/base.

Sending love to @/dizzy bone for creating the beautiful line art in the first place. 💜

I really liked making the lanterns! So I voted that one, but ofcourse I always love all the artsy events :) its nice to see the creativity of the draconic designs

I'm not hosting anything this time around, but Draconic Designs has been my favorite to keep an eye on! So many amazing submissions by our talented community using the wonderful lineart @dizzy bone made!

i'm always a big fan of the coloring events :) it's always a nice way to get back into creating to color in amazing lineart that the event team provide!!

I don't know which one is my favorite, it was a bit challenging for me to participate in each events.

I love coloring and had some ideas but my computer stopped working, I managed to reanimate it a few times since but it freezes all the time even if I'm not doing anything and then, it takes hours or days before I can restart it again. Right now it's dead again. So I had to post my drawing a lot earlier than what I planned to, when I had the chance, without all extra I had in mind.

Flicker & Fortune is fun too but I'm just starting my island, I don't have all those pretty lanterns, delicious new year food and fun wallpapers, I don't have a Nintendo subscription either to trade those. So I tried to do something with the little I had, and my screenshot is a reference to Nian, the legend at the origin of lunar new year... but with Godzilla. I like it, it was fun to do, but I was limited and then I had to find a way to upload it.... Computer came back to life a few minutes just for that.

Bright Beginning was harder than what I thought, I fought quite bit with it, I feel like I had twelve thumbs...on each hand. I didn't have the right material or the skills to do what I wanted but it was fun anyway. Then I had to find a way to upload it too, I usually use a camera but couldn't because no computer to transfer the photos so I took a photo with a tablet but didn't know how it worked lol. The colors didn't came right, like my dragon is too badpink, orange, gold and purple but it looks gray on the photo, :(...too bad...

So I still don't know which one I preferred 😅

I usually really enjoying the colouring pages, but my motivation has been very low lately, so I think this event I enjoyed Flicker and Fortune the most, I liked the freedom to be able to decorate anywhere, and incorporate things you usually can't in pure room design events.

Always love the coloring challenges, so I voted Draconic Designs. It was nice getting to do some crafts in Bright Beginnings; I just wish I hadn't procrastinated on my entry 😅

My favorite Lunar New Year 2024 event is Draconic Designs. Though the complex lineart of previous coloring events has sometimes proven to be kind of daunting and time consuming, I found Draconic Designs comparatively more laid back and fun. Not to say that the other ones haven't been fun or that I don't appreciate the effort that has gone into the previous ones, they were and I do, but this one just hit different for me. Part of that might be because it was kind of nice to transfer my enjoyment watching a streamer play Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth into my entry.

I kind of procrastinated until the last day for Bright Beginnings because I wasn't sure what to make, but I ultimately liked what I made. Unfortunately not all of it was visible in the picture, but it was a cool event.

While I tend to enjoy the in-game designing events, I was pretty stumped about what to do for Flicker & Fortune. I like what I ultimately went with though.

Red Riches was nice, particularly for the Bell Boom it brought to the forums. I managed to get a plush that I wanted via envelope trading thanks to the Bell Boom and the rise in activity on the forums.

To early to say on The Luck of the Dragon. Guess I'll edit this later.

I really enjoyed Red Riches/Luck of the Dragon. I think it was a lot of fun to have a common goal and the Bell Boom really helped encourage some activity to help with this, without the craziness of posting frequencies needed from some various dust events. It was a touch pricey, but I also like that there are real collectibles that can be kept as a result, and a generous sellback.
I’m quite interested to see how everyone fares with the fortune cookies:)

Back