• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite mobile game?

I've barely even played any. At the moment I only have Pocket Camp and Pokemon Cafe Remix and I can't really say I prefer either over the other since I take breaks from both and don't really enjoy certain parts. Especially Pokemon Cafe Remix locking certain Pokemon behind monthly passes you have to buy with real money. These aren't alternate costumes I'm talking about, these are regular Pokemon. Want Alolan Raichu? Inteleon? Corsola? Too bad! They were from these passes a few months ago.
With Pocket Camp there's too many limited time events (which I think every free mobile game has anyway). I feel lucky they even bothered to bring back the Splatoon items for Splatoon 3's release or I never would've gotten any of them since I didn't have a phone when they originally had the event.
Haha sorry, this turned into a bit of a rant. I need to find a game I like better but I feel so discouraged because almost every free mobile game has a catch somewhere.

I play more mobile games than I probably should lol but recently I’ve been playing a lot of honkai star rail & dislyte. Dislyte is very ok but I’ve put so much time in it that it feels like a waste to quit and I just do dailies mostly.

HSR though has been my main mobile game & the auto function is just *chefs kiss* it really makes it so much harder to go back to genshin 😭

I don’t play any now, but my old favorites were:
—Flappy Bird (Flappy Fish just wasn’t the same)
—Angry Birds
—A rip-off of Rollercoaster Tycoon (the original is still the best though)
—Trivia Crack
—a rip-off of Bejeweled/Candy Crush game with cute-faced fruits and veggies (I think the title had something to do with “farm” or “harvest”?)

A lot of mobile games today are so sad. They realized they can just crap out something with absolutely no effort put into it, and if it's free it can justify having microtransactions in the game that are probably more than the budget of the game itself.

That being said, there are SOME mobile games that aren't garbage. Usually ones made by actual companies. My favorite is probably SEGA heroes. The only thing is that when the game was shut down, they started to give everyone everything basically for free. It was pretty sad when the game ended.

Pokemon Go. It's the one mobile game I haven't been able to abandon even though it's been around for a while now.

Animal Jam. I prefer Play Wild (the one that can be played on mobile and desktop) to Classic (the desktop exclusive). I really like how imaginative Wildworks has been getting as of late, especially with their Halloween event, Night of The Phantoms. This year had lasting consequences for Jamaa (the setting of the game), as one of the GUARDIAN DEITIES is being targeted, and one of the Alphas, the CHOSEN PROTECTORS, resigned from his position after the event. I've been checking in, but no one's seen the missing Alpha or has figured out why the Phantoms want Zios (the deity in question). They already kidnapped Mira once (the goddess deity), so why target the other? As for the alpha, he was either brainwashed into leaving by the Phantoms, or he willingly joined them, as he's been the one that has been studying them. Either way, I'm excited to see what happens next!

Not a proper mobile game but... I've been playing Plants vs. Zombies on my phone for the last week. I loved that game when it came out, and I randomly saw it in the App store and had to download. It's been a nice trip down memory lane.

I've never really been into mobile games much because I usually play games on my dedicated consoles but the ONE exception that managed to capture my attention is Pocket Frogs. I used to be so addicted to it! I have no idea if it's still the same now but it was definitely my favorite out of all the ones I've tried.

Honorable mention goes to Kawaii Pet Megu, that was the only other mobile game on Pocket Frogs level. It was such a great spin on Tamagotchi, I used to love plugging my phone in to evolve them. So sad it was removed from the app store.

The only game I play on my phone is Honkai Star Rail, and I love playing it on my phone. I can't see myself putting any other games on my phone since it takes up memory and I'd rather have that memory for pictures or other things. but Honkai Star Rail is a blast. :)

The only ones I really play regularly are Pokemon Go and Pokemon Sleep. I do love the hello kitty game as well. But it requires an Apple Arcade subscription and I’m trying to save money right now so I cut that expense out for now.

There’s a few others I play but not as regularly, those are:

Yugioh Duel Links
Yugioh Master Duel
Magic the Gathering Arena

I do have Stardew valley on my phone and tablet but I tend to play that more on my switch or Xbox over mobile but I might try playing it on my tablet some since the screen is bigger than my phone.

I also have minecraft but I haven’t played it much yet.

Occasionally I play Covet fashion on my tablet.

I also have terraria on my tablet but I don’t know how to play it yet , I have trouble with the controls. Maybe it’d be easier on a console.

Occasionally I also play sims FreePlay but I much prefer the sims 4 on my Xbox one or on my laptop.

I have five nights at Freddy’s on my phone too but the jump scares freak me out lol

Opera Omnia my beloved.
I’m so sad about the EoS in two months. I’ll miss it dearly.

Edit: Service for Opera Omnia has now ended.

Last edited:
Coming back here to say I'm now addicted to Super Cat Tales: P.A.W.S. and Cookie Run: Kingdom (with a little bit of Disney Magic Kingdoms here and there too).

also I really need to pay respects to Digimon Rearise, I LOVED that game, as it introduced me to the concept of Digimon. I'll forever miss it (Gomamon and Salamon my beloveds, how I miss you), as it shut down during the pandemic.

I don’t play a lot of mobile games because most of the free ones I can afford are too money-hungry. The ones that I like that are still on my phone are Angry Birds Classic, Fruit Ninja Classic, and Little Alchemy, and that’s about it.

I love solving daily The New York Times puzzles! My boyfriend and I enjoy doing them in the morning with coffee 😊

So, for the last month I have been playing this free mobile gigapet like game called Tiny Friends which is cute. I picked the penguin for now until I can get one if the non free pets with earned currency. I named him D.Q. for Dairy Queen. He's a penguin for ice cream.
But there is a little bit of gardening, cooking, decorating, and mini games in it. There are multiple achievements to earn and some to figure out too.

Back