• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your favorite non-Nintendo franchises?

This thread made me realize how much time I've spent solely on Nintendo games 😭
Anyway uh?? not really a franchise but i like the indie pixel game scene!! something so charming about the pixel art style as a whole, and it's carried so many genres. I particularly love horror pixel games + cozy pixel games!! horror pixel games like Ib, Mad Father, The Witch's House, The Crooked Man (and it's predecessors), etc. ohhh I was so into those back then, and even recently I've been watching video essays on them. Also love cozy/story-driven pixel games like SDV, To The Moon, Undertale, and Celeste!

Also I just realized some franchises that I liked aren't by nintendo LMAO. Love love love the Ace Attorney series and Professor Layton series!! Really shaped my childhood.

Also embarrassingly (?) I was into the Danganronpa series hehe. Finished the main trilogy, watched a playthrough of the Despair Girls, and watched the animes (DR1, and DR2 Hope & Despair Arcs). Didn't agree with absolutely everything in the games and I hated some characters with all my heart LOL but I really loved some of the stories, mysteries, and characters. Chiaki lives forever in my heart.

Ooh, I generally prefer them to Nintendo actually… but none are alive except for Guilty Gear anymore : z

So I’ll just dump: Guilty Gear, Skylanders, Sly Cooper, Tetris (does this count?), Ace Attorney -

A lot of my favs are just standalones or I’m selective in the eras I really love and I’m not surprised, lol

Back