• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's your favorite metal genre? / Heavy Metal FAQ

Favorite genre?

• Traditional

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Black

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Death

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Doom

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Power

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Thrash

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Speed

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Folk

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Progressive

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Symphonic

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I only listen to the metal played on the radio *

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Metal is EVIL MUSIC **

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I dont listen to metal at all!

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
Never heard of them but when I return home from school I will try to play that internet (my internet is really slow ^^; ).

Oh it's not that I don't like Power Metal, its just one of my "least favorite metal genres". To be honest when a power metal song comes in my playlist, I usually skip it, but I tend to have different moods for different songs. There are times when I cannot even listen to my favorite band and prefer other bands instead.

Haa, yeah I get that. Just days where your favorite song comes up on shuffle and it's like.. "No, not right now".
Some days it's like I have to listen to a different band every single minute.... ugh

Ok I'm so sorry but I was on the forum homepage and I just saw like a portion of this thread's title because it had like the most recent post in Brewster's Cafe and I thought the poll was "What is your favorite meal?" and I got so excited like "yes this is my type of thread these are my people come to me" and then realized it wasn't once I clicked it and now I feel like a shell of a person because I got so excited about a food poll like what is wrong with me.

I'm so sorry but I needed to share this. *brb still sobbing*

Last edited:
Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath metal is the metal for me. (I just barely got into metal, so I apologize for not knowing which genre of metal it is, if anyone knows, could you possibly tell me in a PM? :lemon:)

I've listened to a few Norther songs but nothing too extensive? Would you recommend them? :O

I quite enjoy them, my boyfriend got me into them with some of their "romantic love songs" haha, but they do have some diversity that makes them not just a basic one label band, some songs didn't capture my interest, but people I have shown them to seem to be quite pleased. :)

I quite enjoy them, my boyfriend got me into them with some of their "romantic love songs" haha, but they do have some diversity that makes them not just a basic one label band, some songs didn't capture my interest, but people I have shown them to seem to be quite pleased. :)

Are they like similar to Children of Bodom?

When it comes to metal, my personal preferences are symphonic and power metal. Of the lot, I feel that they tell a story within their songs- one more detailed and complex than in other genres.

So, for the Nightwish fans out there: are you guys looking forward to their next album?

So, for the Nightwish fans out there: are you guys looking forward to their next album?

Yup! Nightwish has never let me down. Imaginareum was released and it immediately became on of my favorite albums of all time. I'm curious to see see what Floor can bring to Nightwish.

Yup! Nightwish has never let me down. Imaginareum was released and it immediately became on of my favorite albums of all time. I'm curious to see see what Floor can bring to Nightwish.

Agreed. I don't think there's a single Nightwish album I dislike.

I've heard one of the bands she sings in- After Forever- and if you ask me, you should like her role as a vocalist well enough.

Anybody listem to Senses Fail? I've tried them out onky a few weeks ago and I'm already really liking them. :0

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Brings back memories.
Ah, which albums or songs have you listened to? So far I've gotten From the Depths of Dreams, Still Searching, and Life is Not a Waiting Room. They sound great! XD

CONFESSION :

I really don't have the taste for Power Metal. Not that I don't get into it every once in a while, (Wintersun, Blind Guardian) but- even that gets a little overbearing sometimes. I guess every genre falls into a trope- like the lyrics are all sort of the same subject matter. SOARING, blah blah SWORDS blah blah VICTORY.

I guess I'm not into that.

/flops away

Ah, which albums or songs have you listened to? So far I've gotten From the Depths of Dreams, Still Searching, and Life is Not a Waiting Room. They sound great! XD

Pretty much all of the older stuff. I haven't listened to them in quite awhile sadly.

CONFESSION :

I really don't have the taste for Power Metal. Not that I don't get into it every once in a while, (Wintersun, Blind Guardian) but- even that gets a little overbearing sometimes. I guess every genre falls into a trope- like the lyrics are all sort of the same subject matter. SOARING, blah blah SWORDS blah blah VICTORY.

I guess I'm not into that.

/flops away

Hahaha that's okay. I know a bunch of people who're like that...

@littlemissmarzipanmermaid - no prob! :O

@Earth Wolf-Howl - I LOVE Floor... i was so excited when they announced they got her to finish the tour. I was like "Sweet cool when's she gonna be announced as the new vocalist?"

Why do we care so much about the semantics here? Why not just enjoy the music?

- - - Post Merge - - -

My username is a Misfits reference btw.

Back