• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Talk about your music tastes!

ZeldaCrossing64

Dat's brutal
Bells
Island
Newgrounds
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
White Rose
Flimsy Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
There's been a few threads like this, but they're pretty old so I thought it'd be a good idea to make a new one. What are your music tastes like? Talk about your favorite genres, artists, albums, and more!

Anyone who pays attention to my posts would know that I love metal. 😂 As for sub-genres, my favorite is definitely nu-metal, but I'm also a fan of death, thrash, power, and alternative metal! I occasionally listen to rock, emo, and grunge music as well.

My music taste is strange. I don't care much about all these artists, albums, and genres.
I just go looking around for video game music and fan remixes. I don't even know what genre I like and this doesn't help.
Here are some random fan remixes I picked to share:
There's two from Animal Crossing because this is an Animal Crossing forum, haha.

I agree with not caring about albums. I use them for a base to get new songs. If it's catchy = I listen. I keep one massive playlist with all genres. From anime music, to gangster rap.

There's usually a few specific songs from bands I like, and a very select few bands in which I straight up like the entire discography.

I have an eclectic music taste and not even in a pretentious way. I remember lyrics easily and drop them into conversations randomly to see if anyone notices.

I'm a big fan of 70s and 80s music as well as jazz, but I will listen to pretty much anything. There's gotta be a song in every genre that I like!

It's pretty much all over the place. I have different playlists of songs for different situations/moods. I have one specific for my BPD called "don't mind me, just disassociating." It's filled with music that I listen to, not necessarily aligned with my typical musical taste. The songs in it are songs I listen to when I'm disassociating, feeling like someone other than myself, or even when I'm just in one of my BPD moods.

My favorite music genre has to be older country. I do listen to other types of music, but I always go back to older country.

my taste in music changes quite frequently, and i cannot stick to one genre for the life of me… the only thing that stayed consistent is my obsession with pop-punk music 🫶🏼

Japanese music definitely dominates my taste in music, but I would still say that I'm very open to different genres- I listen to a pretty vast range of things!! I think it helps that I listen to a lot of vocaloid, which has a lot of jpop but doesn't necessarily mean they all are since the only thing that binds them together is that they use vocal synth software.

But yeah, lots of jpop, jrock, varying indies, kpop, rock, swancore/post-hardcore, some metalcore etc...! In general I really like stuff that has a groovy or jazzy feel to it (whatever this means to me). and I have to say it, I don't like country music.

Recently, Isekaijoucho has been my favorite singer (virtual singer who does originals, group songs, and covers), I also love Mili (indie) and Band-Maid (hard jrock?). Out of my more english rock/metal stuff I'd say I like a lot of Dance Gavin Dance. For vocaloid producers I like Police Piccadilly, Deco*27, PinnochioP, and Yunosuke a lot, but I listen to a ton of others!
I've also had big Twice and My Chemical Romance phases a few years back. In high school I really liked a lot of kawaii future bass lol

Also if I like a song I'll just listen to it! So sometimes I don't listen to a bunch of stuff for some artists, just a particular album or song or two regardless of genre or whatever. I also have a big habit of just start listening from the top of my liked songs on spotify, so I listen to a lot of the same songs during certain periods rather than shuffling everything (though I do sometimes and try to listen to the playlists I make). I also listen to music when I go to sleep, so I'm grateful for the sleep timer

I LOVE MUSIC YIPPIEEEE!!!!

I'm not someone who claims to listen to and love everything, but there is some amount of variety when it comes to my musical preferences. Rock, Electronic, Pop, Classical and Folk are the genres that I enjoy the most. I also like Blues, Reggae, Soul, Disco and R&B (although I would say I'm more of a "casual fan" of those genres), as well as a tiny bit of Hip Hop, Latin and Country music.

PS: It doesn't matter to me what language the music may be in; just as long as I can get into the music itself, then it's no major issue if I can't understand the lyrics or what's being sung.

Wowzers, looks like I'm not the only one here who doesn't care for the artist and just picks whatever songs sound good. (no, I'm not being sarcastic)

Currently my playlist includes synth pop, disco, jazz, pop from 80s-2010s (I don't like most 2020s pop), K.K. Slider songs, music from video games, etc. I hand-pick all of my songs (I don't use Spotify) and make sure they don't contain expletives. Sometimes I might find a good song while making a Town Tune for someone and I'll put it there. Here's a sample of my musical tastes:

As some of you may know, I deeply like old rock music from the ‘70s and ‘80s, and it goes way beyond the usual popular stuff. I’ll even take the time to listen to albums that contain songs receiving little to no exposure on the radio, usually by forgotten bands that most haven’t heard of.

I’d say the most unknown band that’s in my library at the moment is Bloody Mary: a U.S. hard rock band from 1974 that is so obscure, no one knows who the band members were as their sole album doesn’t feature songwriting or performer credits. It didn’t help that the record was released through the unsuccessful and unmarketable Paramount Records (yes, a division of the movie studio; they had a record label at one point), and the “mystery” members broke up after its release. Yep, that’s that.

Other than rock music, I like most things old in general. Pop, funk, fusion, alternative, glam, metal, electronic, ambient/new age, ‘90s DnB, disco (yep), and so on. For some reason, new music just doesn’t sound right to me. Maybe it’s because of older analog recordings sounding more genuine and rich, or more so due to the fact that I can’t understand current music trends that are sometimes god awful to bear with. As a result, new rap music sounds horrible to me, alongside auto-tuned pop garbage and songs that try to give a “chill” vibe, but end up boring me. Music these days just doesn’t sound very authentic to me.

A long, long time ago, musicians in the ‘60s did not have advanced mixing technologies and capabilities, therefore most of the stuff recorded then were from actual instruments that were recorded live in multiple takes. Take a listen to The Beatles’ Anthology albums for example, and you’ll gain an understanding of what the fab four and George Martin had to do to make the songs we know and love today. Same thing goes for Pink Floyd and their early ‘70s stuff, though through more complicated methods.

I credit my dad for making me appreciate all the old music that’s available to me. He’s a big fan of Electric Light Orchestra, and I suppose I got influenced by him playing their albums all the time. Forget what’s popular on the charts; I’m good with the oldies.

Back