• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite holiday in NH so far ?

What's your favorite holiday in NH so far ?

• Total voters

Cosmic-chan

✩ ˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ My Melody.
Bells
Shadow Kitty Plush
My Melody Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Easter Egg
What's your favorite new horizon holiday? For me it's Toy Day (Yes I know it hasn't happened but hear me out.) I've always loved Toy Day in New Leaf ! I love the snowy lands the music Jingle and how you play as Santa and give gifts ! (I really like how you get to keep Jingle's sack after words. It's a useless item but I find it cute !) I'm very glad it's pretty much the same in New Horizons ! I don't like too much change so I'm very excited to bring Christmas to my island. (It'll keep my animals from trying to kill each other and fight for food..)

Edit: Just saw my poll was placed on the front page of the forum ! Was not expecting that at all ! I honestly thought this was going to be buried under many other threads ! Thanks guys ! I know it's not a big deal but I'm just happy I was able to spark a discussion ! 💕 🥰

Last edited:
Halloween always. I only wish we had gotten the spooky set like in past games. The furniture was nice but it wasn’t a complete set I could use indoors.
I had forgotten about the spooky set of past games ! I really need to pay attention more.

i don't understand exactly how turkey day will work or if it will be fun (i assume it's close to in new leaf but with your own ingredients and you don't have to go to villagers to get ingredients??? idk), and obviously haven't played turkey day nor toy day so i don't know if i will like them or not. i assume toy day will be similar to in new leaf and i didn't love that event, but if we got cuter furniture that wasn't as horrendously ugly as jingle's set i guess it could be fun.

so if the choice for what i've experienced is between bunny day and halloween, i obviously have to go with halloween. the one month long torture of bunny day was painful and tainted the entire event, also the ugly furniture did not help at all. i wish we got egg furniture that looked like the stuff we had in new leaf, not this ugly painted egg thing everywhere.

i'm not a huge fan of holidays in animal crossing in general. i play all of them at least once but i don't find it very exciting or fun.

idk why but my favourite event in new leaf was probably the festival because i really liked paves craziness and the feathers, i made my mayor wear the rainbow feather. i wonder if we will get a festival in new horizons, too. i think that would be very neat.

admittedly, i got my switch at the beginning of june, so i haven't had a chance to experience any of the events besides the halloween one thus far. but from what i've enviously seen others enjoy from the other events, i can say i don't really have any complaints about anything (besides not getting to participate and having to wait until next year, but that's neither here nor there.)

i really love halloween, though, so i'm super happy and super pleased with how the event turned out, and that i got to experience it 🖤 naturally, my experiences are extremely lackluster in comparison to veteran players who've had more experience playing other titles in the franchise.

I really loved Halloween this year!
I can't really say Toy Day or Turkey Day though because we haven't played them yet. Toy Day might take the crown once we get to it.

I can't say yet about Toy Day or Turkey Day but back in New Leaf Toy Day was a cute & fun event. Any holiday but Bunny Day cause it was literally the least well executed holiday.
I'm biased to Toy day ! It gives me warm fuzzies inside just by looking at the video. But yes Bunny day was the worst tbh.

I've been really excited for most of the events, but I haven't really cared for them? Not sure how to explain the feeling lol but I'm satisfied and happy with the events. I'd just say I don't have a favorite (yet).

Can't wait for Pavé though since Festivale was always super exciting to me! <3

Not gonna lie, I love all the seasonal items/collecting seasonal DIYs, but the actual events are... meh. I had high expectations for Halloween, but it turned out pretty lackluster compared to the event in New Leaf. I miss getting to play little games against your villagers, and then getting "tricked" beyond just having some paint on your face. Out of all the events so far, however, Halloween was probably my favorite... but I'm really looking forward to the Turkey Day event. Thanksgiving, along with Christmas, is just so cozy and nice. I can't wait!

Halloween was by far the best one we've experienced so far IMO. The rest either overstayed their welcome or were just way too short.

In all seriousness, Bunny Day.

But I equally enjoy them all too, being able to be fully festive with your town is always a good feeling no matter the season or event.

Definitely Halloween! I loved the gradual build up to the special day and buying my candy everyday and decorating with spooky stuff. Halloween helped me to pick up the game and get back into it when I had been bored/burnt out for a few months. I’m hoping Turkey Day is good too but I doubt it’ll have such a build up. Toy Day looks amazing in the trailer :love:

From what I have seen in the trailer, I think Toy Day is the holiday I think I will enjoy the most.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit, Ok now that I have finally experienced the 2020 holidays through TT back lol, I have to say by Far my favorite was Turkey Day. I felt/thought it was very interactive. I also love the cooking and how villagers in their houses were hanging out by their stoves, even if they normally didn't have one. (kinda like the workbench). It makes me seriously wonder if in the future, we will be able to craft dishes at the stove. I don't know if the dishes will be for friendship points only or if they could also be displayed as decor, or if they will only be decor, but It would be amazing none the less.
Now that Festivale is coming up, I will see how I like it. I do know I really like Pave himself so far, and I do like the light hearted happiness vibe of the holiday I get from the trailer (though I still fee like the trailer reflected poorly on the actual update).

Last edited:
The only one I experienced was Halloween and I enjoyed it though I hope Harvest Festival and Toy Day are way better. I experienced bunny day on a friend’s island but didn’t get diys for it so can’t really say about bunny day. I am trying to keep my expectations low even though the trailer looked promising; I really want more furniture.

Halloween felt the most like an Animal Crossing holiday so far for me. Really enjoyed collecting all the recipes and items, I hope the next few holidays are this great!

I have honestly enjoyed all the events so far and have always enjoyed Animal Crossing holidays. Even back in New Leaf when the holiday would just be Isabelle saying a brief thing and giving you a gift, I loved it. The fact that you have these special days with special items makes the game feel so...special! As someone who plays in real time and goes out of my way to make time for these virtual events...it makes it worth it and feels like a reward. That being said, Toy Day will most likely be my favorite because this year has really drained me of joy and Christmas time is my favorite time of year hands down. So that, combined with ACNH being my favorite game of all time is just a recipe for success.

P.S. I liked Bunny Day and thought the items were cute and festive (not that they can really be used any other time of year though).

So far, I'd say Halloween. I love Jack and the villagers mooching for candy. The items we got may not have been a complete indoor set, but I think they actually work a lot better outside of the holiday than the traditional one (I'm currently using the wall and floor in my main room for a lovely late-autumn vibe).

For upcoming holidays, I've had a soft spot for Franklin going back to ACGC days when you had to steal the knife and fork, then find him hiding somewhere in the town to get the furniture series. New Leaf made it a lot easier, doing the cooking bit. I'm also very happy with what I've seen of the newly revamped furniture.

Toy Day isn't bad, but I only ended up actually playing it once in NL, so I don't have the same connection to it as with other holidays.

We aren't going to talk about Easter.

Back