• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite kind of bean/pea?

The bean of your preference...

• chickpeas/garbanzo beans

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • mung beans

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • lentils

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • lima beans

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • black beans

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • snap peas

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • snow peas

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • navy beans

• red beans

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • soybeans

• toe beans 🐾

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • other!

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

amemome

home garden time
Bells
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Now that we can throw beans, I figured it was the perfect time to ask which kind of bean/pea is your favorite.

My personal favorite bean is garbanzo beans (chickpeas) due to their texture and subtle, nutty flavor.

(added toe beans too, those are also a favorite to touch 🐾🐾🐾)

if i missed your favorite bean/pea, let me know what it is so i can keep my eyes out for it at the store!

I use black beans most often from the list so I went with that one. The toe beans were tempting though

I love snap peas! Kidney beans are a staple too. Best of all are TOE BEANS 😭💖

Snap and snow peas are both sooo delicious! I love eating them as is and putting them in stir frys or salads! Very crunchy and refreshing!

I love black beans in mexican style pastas/rice as well. Especially paired with taco seasoning/cumin.

Lentils and chickpeas are soooo versatile and handy to have to add that healthy protein boost. They're good added in stews, soups, pasta, or rice. Always love hummus as well.

TOE BEANS ALWAYS <3

Fava beans my beloved ❤️
Definitely one of my top 5 favourite food. Maybe even top 3. Or top 1. Hard to say but I love it.

Is it even mentioned here? I'm not sure, I think it's not.

i'm not a huge fan of beans so i'm slightly more picky to them. like i wouldn't choose beans in my chipotle bowl in general lol. i would say the exception is edamame which is a soybean and i like soy milk as well. i also like snap peas and green beans in asian dishes.

toe beans sooo cute 🐾🥹

mung bean sprouts (idc if this doesnt count)

thaibeansproutsaladws.jpg

toe beans are 1000000/10 but not for eating

I love lentils & chickpeas—but like @Kitsuragi bean sprouts are up there

also where the green beans at though they’re not really bean like

I've never tried beans before... Haven't had anything that's in the poll. Honestly, they don't look or smell appetizing to me and that's why.

Black beans mostly, easier to digest for me, lentils for soups and mung beans for sprouts.
Post automatically merged:

Yes yes toe beans are the best of the best

I love beans like golden wax and yard longs. And of course kidney beans, they're a classic!

Chickpeas are great. They taste good on their own, and even better in dishes that feature them like channa masala.

Even though I don't encounter them very often, I also love lima beans!

Back