What's YOUR cycling method?

Sanguai

Doctor
Bells
I'm just wanting to know!
I know there is the 1Year>1Year>5 Days, but that risks dreamies.
What other methods are available?

I use the 5 day > 5 day > 5 day method. I don't like the weeds.

Last edited:
I talk to the villager when they move in like 5 times, ignore them for 8 days, bye nerd

For my cycling town, I use THIS, works like a charm (seriously it's crazy).

For my main town, (I no longer cycle it), I use THIS method (slight modification is used; after I tell a dreamie to stay in my town, I TT ahead three days using AC clock then continue). 100% works without fail, you'll never lose a dreamie ^-^

well idk for me i just go two days forward then one day back, usually someone goes ahead and says they want to move.

The safest way I cycle is 4day>4day>4day and onward. I ignore villagers I want out (only introduce myself by talking once) and I talk to villagers I want to keep and talk to each 10-15 times until one tells me who's planning to move. If your staying villagers don't give you a name go ahead one day and retalk. If I want to keep the mover I get them to ping by saving and quitting and reload until they do. If I don't want the mover I continue to ignore and TT one day at a time until Isabelle tells me they are leaving. I never have a villager I don't want to ping me, my friends and I found that if you answer pings and they aren't for moving you increase the chance they won't move regardless of what you say.

Last edited:
I usually use a method that is hard to sum up but it's basically something like: go ahead one year with a new character, quit without saving, back one year with your mayor, talk to the villager who would be missing one year later. THEN you skip ahead one year as your mayor, save and quit, then go another year ahead with a new character, back one with your mayor. I hope that makes sense to anyone, I can give a more detailed explanation or try to find the thread where I saw it if anyone's interested in the specifics.

In any case, I've found that that works well for me and it's hard to lose any villagers that way since every time you skip ahead with your mayor, you will also have just rejected a request to move so nobody moves during that period of time. Unless you mess up and load as your mayor when you should be starting a new character, it's hard to mess it up and lose a villager.

well idk for me i just go two days forward then one day back, usually someone goes ahead and says they want to move.

Same!! Except I go 2 days ahead, 2 days back (just make sure you check the ping for everyone). It only works if you have 9 or 10 villagers of course. 10 villagers are better.

For my cycling town, I use THIS, works like a charm (seriously it's crazy).

For my main town, (I no longer cycle it), I use THIS method (slight modification is used; after I tell a dreamie to stay in my town, I TT ahead three days using AC clock then continue). 100% works without fail, you'll never lose a dreamie ^-^

I need to try that because I lost a dreamie the other day and was really upset :( then I got two more on the same day XD not AC day, obviously...well you know what I mean haha

Back