• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favourite Bottom Tier Villagers

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
I know many of us don't pay attention to the Tier lists, however I have just recently looked at the updated version, and I am actually appalled. Some of my most beloved dreamies have landed in the bottom tier. I know these lists are subjective, however sometimes it's fun to discuss it and pick it apart.

Here's the "list":

Cole.. and Hamphrey are in the bottom tier. WHAT? These guys?

I was also shocked by... Cally AND Sally???

I am actually most offended by Pecan being on the bottom tier...

Who are your favourite "bottom tier" villagers from this list? Show them some love!

Oh, I didn’t know there was a tier list like that for New Horizons! It’s cool that it seems to be updated monthly.

I see a lot of my favourite villagers in the bottom tier. Maggie, Nana, Big Top, Ace, Sly and Friga. Frett, Bertha, Pecan, Iggly, Ursala, Azalea, Del, Annalisa, Megan, Puck and Anabelle are pretty awesome as well imo. It’s a shame to see so many great villagers at the bottom. I’m surprised to see Toby there; I was under the impression that the Sanrio villagers were mostly well-liked, except for Rilla. Rilla being at the bottom of the bottom tier is sad. There’s no universe where Al should be ranked above her imo (no offense to any Al lovers!). She’s not the best design-wise, but I think she’s cool. She deserves way more love fr!

Most tier lists are opinion-based, so I don’t really take them seriously. This one especially with Egbert being so high up tier 2. He’s a great villager, don’t get me wrong! I just never expected to see him above tier 4-5 at best. I love to see him getting more love, though! 😅

I've always preferred unpopular villagers, so most of my favorites are always in the bottom tiers:
T-Bone, Toby, Hopkins, Bonbon, Claude, O'Hare, Cole, Doc, Angus, and Patty.

I'm especially surprised that Toby, Hopkins, and Doc are not more popular, they are so cute! Although I understand the bovine villagers' unpopularity...not many people like the bulls and cows that much.

I don't care about tier lists and never listen to them I don't care if my favorite villagers are considered some of the ugliest in the game or if people think they are overrated, I like who I like and I don't listen to what other people think.

Every time this tier list gets updated it gets more and more surprising. Fuchsia is one of my most favorite villagers of all time, I thought she was a mediocre mid-tier villager, it's honestly really shocking to see her in #4 current most popular villager.

Now with that being said let's see how many of my favorite villagers are in "least popular" (163 villagers) tier
Groucho
Jambette(not surprising at all but she's one of my favorite villagers)
Roswell
Huck
Toby
Maggie
Hamphrey
Prince
Cousteau(People hate baby?!?)
Cally
Timbra
Eugene
Rolf(I thought he was mid tier honestly?)
Tex
Lucy
Nibbles
Pecan
Ursala
Walt
Patty
Croque
Amelia
Blanche
Graham
Avery
Sally
Rasher
Deena
Spike(One of my all-time faves)
Sly
Alli
Rhonda
Megan(Why do people hate her??? She looks like a carebear)
Opal
Mac
Chow(Not surprised to see him here)
Cashmere(Unsurprising I'm aware people hate her but I love the sheep)
Bitty
Rooney
Pippy
Buzz

At one point of time Drift was once ranked bottom tier and ranked in the 300s now it seems he's increased in popularity and is now in the second least popular tier and ranked #243 out of 413 villagers.

Rizzo, Bertha, Pudge, Bitty, Eugene, Maggie, Pecan, Sally, Jambette, Lucy, Hamphrey, Friga, Rhonda…more than I thought lol. I’m also somewhat biased because I have three of them. 😂

I also love Penelope, even though a lot of people are weirded out by her “bow ears” or “ear bows”. I think it’s adorable! 💕

Oh, I like Gaston, O'hare, Mac, Bettina, Greta , Astrid, Ricky, Limberg, and many many more..! I'm starting to like T-Bone as well ever since I got him on my island via a random campsite visit..!

I'm quite shocked Quinn is in tier 5, I mean she's one of the newest villager and she has a wonderful design, I'm totally in love with her, H O W

(just kidding, I know it's totally subjective, for example Egbert it's in tier 2, obviously there isn't anything wrong with Egbert but you don't expect he's a top tier villager)

absolutely offended that kitt, zoe, bitty, and velma are considered bottom tier. horrified, offended, flabbergasted.

i find tier lists for animal crossing to be a little silly - as long as you love your little pixel villagers, that's all that matters!

So many of my favorites are there. I didn't even know a list like this was a thing, but man.

Toby, my boy why are you and your sweet little froggy-rabbit face in the lowest tier ;-; Your beautiful.

I don't even know where to begin, there's alot of villagers I love down there. Rizzo, Claude, Frett, Rio, O'hare, Gaston, Peacan, Sally ect, ect. Too many to name all of them to be honest.

But I really don't like how Buck is nicknamed Eyebrows. That wasn't necessary.

Haven't these tier lists been around for some time? I personally don't care for them to be honest. Even if they are just fake designs, I find it kind of off-putting in a way.

I didn’t realize how many of my beloved friends are in the bottom tier: Peaches, PeeWee, Benjamin, Cole, Rhonda, Spike, PomPom, Rowan, Ursala, Marcel!

Most of my favorites are unpopular, so I’m not surprised. My top favorites from Tier 6 are:

Frett
Huck
Bubbles
Zoe
Boone
Azalea
Walt
Yuka
Gonzo
Spike
Tybalt
Cesar
Benedict
Anabelle
Benjamin
Cashmere
Limberg
Peewee

Huck, Bubbles, Azalea, Yuka, Limberg, and Benedict are all in my NH town, which puts over half my villagers in the lowest tier. Ouch on their behalf.

I stop caring for stuff like this because it's entirely subjective with a mixture of social media hype (ex: like all those YouTubers who were island hopping for only Marshal, Francine & Chrissy, Judy, etc or 'Top 10 villagers who no one likes' like they have met every AC player out there)

Sally will always be top tier to me. ❤️

Last edited:
Ohh gosh I recognize a lot of villagers that I have fond memories of having, and there's a ton of super adorable villagers in the bottom tier too?? 😭 Bree, Willow, Colton, and Leopold are all past or present dreamies of mine, and there's a few I really like down there as well—Tiffany, Monique, Olive, Chelsea, Tasha... I could go on.
I'm also very fond of villagers like Beardo, Lionel, and Chops because I think they're funny, but I'm not at all surprised to hear they're sitting in the bottom tier lol.

Back