• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villagers you never thought you'd like.

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
Are there villagers that you only like because they randomly showed up in your town? Sure we all have dreamies, but are there dreamies that only became dreamies simply because they have lived in your town?

For me, I hadn't even considered any of these villagers as my dreamies until they showed up in my New Leaf towns! Living with them, interacting with them and seeing them out and about walking around town was such a joy! I never thought about adding them to my dreamie list until they lived in my town!

Up first there's Gwen. Aurora had been my dreamie, but when Gwen showed up, she was a close runner up! She's purple and adorable! Here she is with my mayor in my first town!

Up next is Pashmina, I never thought I'd like ANY of the goats, but she showed up one day and I LOVED her house and clothes. Here I am in my first town, sad that she's leaving lol.

Up next is Tiffany, I already loved most of the bunny villagers, so when she showed up I was pleasantly surprised! I like her style, and her little brown spots on top of her ears are so cute! Here she is on my island!

Next is Poppy, after I lost my dreamie Pecan, Poppy became my second runner up as a replacement. She's absolutely adorable! I loved what they did with her house in New Horizons!

Finally, but definitely not last, I have Nan! Chevre was my only goat dreamie, so to add Pashmina and Nan, I was so happy to! Her house and style and sweet nature, she's so cute!!
rSM3mLr.jpg

What about you?? What villagers did you discover upon random move in to your town?? Post below!!

Pietro is the first villager who came to mind. I didn’t start liking him because he moved onto my island, but New Horizons is the game where I changed my opinion about him!

When I first saw Pietro on a list of every villager in New Leaf prior to its NA release, I immediately hated him. I’m not sure why, and my disdain for him was definitely silly looking back, lol, but I hated him so much that I swore to immediately reset my town if he ever moved in. I don’t know if I would have actually kept that promise since he never moved in, not even into my cycling town, but it’s a funny thought.

Years later, and I still wasn’t a fan of Pietro when New Horizons came out. I didn’t hate him so much that I would reset my island if he was my starting villager or moved in, but I still didn’t like him. My best friend even jokingly got mad at me for it once since he loves Pietro, haha.

Months after New Horizons came out, though, my opinion changed. I don’t remember what prompted it, but suddenly I didn’t really dislike Pietro at all anymore. In fact, his colourful clown aesthetic grew on me, and I wanted to have him on my island. I would eventually find him while island hopping, and I really enjoyed having him on my island for a while. He taught me my last reaction, so he’ll always have a special place in my heart now for that. ❤️ His house interior in New Horizons is actually horrible though, but other than that, Pietro is a pretty cool dude. I don’t know why I hated him for so long, lol.

Del is another villager that grew on me in New Horizons! I never hated him as much as Pietro, but other than Ribbot and Cephalobot, I’ve never been a big fan of the robot villagers. Del ended up moving onto my island last year from someone else’s island, and while he wasn’t the villager I wanted or was planning to have (I had actually invited Friga while island hopping and she was supposed to fill the spot that Del took, but I forgot to save after, so she ended up never moving in 😅), he grew on me a lot during his time on my island! He was the first cranky villager I had in ages, and he reminded me of how funnily heartwarming the cranky dialogue is. He’s inspired me to stop judging villagers on their design alone, and to get to know a villager before forming an opinion on them!

Definitely... Chops! I don't even understand how he went from being hated to being loved, I perceived this evolution as sudden and fast but actually it happened slowly over time and very calmly. I think this will be a long story guys HAHAH
One thing I do in all games is always talk to everyone, even if I'm not crazy about the design. It's quite funny, but the only reason I sent curses to some characters was because they moved to my flowers or to horrible places on the map. I played New Leaf for 10 years so I often cursed innocent characters HAHAHA
Despite this I have always made friends with everyone, the problem is that... Chops had moved on my first hybrids, in the early days of my current town that I created in 2017, and in a terrible place in general... and then... it was... a pig.
Yes I know that now I love him madly and I can't imagine how I could hate pigs, but I was only 14 and I wanted "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL, CUTEST, POPULAR VILLAGERS, THAT EVERYONE WOULD LOVE"
Since I was a child I have always been a perfectionist and above all an influenceable person, my concept of perfection depended on what others considered as such!
So... a pig, really? A pig in "MY PERFECT TOWN"?
Unbelievable.
However, having a soft heart and talking to him day after day, I began to appreciate him, but... he was still a pig... The thing is, I didn't care about the design of the pigs, I simply knew that others didn't like them and I couldn't have an unappreciated villager in "MY PERFECT TOWN".
Unbelievable, indeed.
SOO let's jump to a few months later, FINALLY I managed to send away Chops from my deceased hybrids. And, unexpectedly, I was a little sad for his departure.
But also happy, definitely happy HAHAHA
Later another smug came to my town, but for some weird reason it just seemed like a copy of Chops. Even though Marshal was the first or second villager who moved to my town and stayed there for many years, the smugs after Chops seemed like a copy of Chops but not of Marshal... Basically I missed him, but I didn't want to admit it.
Oh, by the way, Chops had given me his throne the day before he left. Imagine my face when I saw it in the Timmy and Tommy catalogue.
THE TURNING POINT came when the Chops of my town moved to the town of one of my best friends, but my friend had never seen him and had the same initial reactions as me HAHAHAHA
We still often think about it today and laugh out loud every time, let's say that he has become a bit like our mascot.
However day after day my friend began to love Chops and wasn't ashamed to show it, and I thought: "so I'm not the only one who thinks he's nice?"
This was an important point in making me understand that it didn't matter that he was a pig, it only mattered that I liked him and nothing else, but it wasn't the reason why I am the way I am today!
I have always been very sensitive because of my childhood, I have never hurt even a fly because I felt bad afterwards, but at the same time I let others influence me in every aspect of my life, even in video games.
So much has happened in these 10 years, it's really incredible, I can say that today I'm still a perfectionist, but only for what I sincerely like. I listen and respect everyone's opinions, but I think and decide with my head, and I only do what my heart tells me. I am no longer afraid of anyone's judgment, nor do I care, even if it can make me feel bad sometimes, I'm still human after all. I live my life and I'm proud of it, even though I've become the weird one that no one understands, but well, do you know what is the english saying behind Chop's photo?
"You can't have your cake and eat it too".
That's life!
And that's why Chops came back to my town, 6 years later HAHAH I missed you cocky little pig💕

Last edited:
I used to think Coach and Vic seemed a little...unusual, after only seeing promotional artwork of them on the Animal Crossing wiki.

I got along with them after interacting with them in New Leaf. I love them, they're both adorable.

I definitely thought lily looked weird and that I wouldn't like them but both their desgin and personality to become one of my all time favorites. I liked to talk to her more them toher villagers. Because although she was just the normal personality type she seemed more interesting.

Pretty much everyone who I didn't plan to have, who are on my current island.

Kid Cat, and Sasha are the only ones I knew I would like

Static I wanted because my friend had him. I didn't plan on keeping him longer. But he grew on me.

Bruce and Lopez I got from my deer Amiibos. Similar reasons to Static with Bruce. But I only really decided to keep him around after partnering him with Lopez. But now I adore him. When he left I unexpectidly found him while hopping, and felt like he wanted to come back.

Lopez I only wanted to try out because I though his design was awesome. I didn't plan on keeping him but he grew on me very fast. We both have similar tastes in fashion.

Chief xD I kinda wanted him. But didn't go looking for him, I liked him after finding out he was a lgbt icon, and when I found him while hopping I grabbed him after alot of pondering. Wasn't a huge fan of the wolves at the time. But he quickly became my baby. I circled through him a few times. But I invited him back after Bruce and Lopez returned. Im sure Sherb missed his boyfriend.

Marshal I only got because of him representing my character for my story island. I made fun of him before hand and he was the last villager I wanted as he was a bishi squirrel was my nick name for him. But he I grew to really like him.

Raymond I had no intention on getting, I just threw out a random post on here for him, and someone offered him. But he quickly grew on me, I didn't expect to like him but he's a favorite. He's the same Raymond from my first island. Because my friend held him. He's been with me for years.

I was island hopping and getting tired when I found derpy goat Sherb. I took him cause I was sick of island hopping. I thought he was kinda boring in design. But after talking with him and seeing him around I've kept him. Every single game I restart on my side Sherb was my starting lazy. Always the random move in. This Sherb is my first lazy. We've been through alot lol.

Toby was so un-expected. I only got him because he was in Sasha's back story as his long distance boyfriend. After I put him and Sasha together in hhp, and made them work together I decided to have Toby. He's honestly one of my favorites now.

Kid Cat was the first animal crossing villager I liked along with Bunnie. Sasha was love at first sight. I needed him.

In New Leaf it was my boy Stinky. I remember back when I first joined the forums I made a desperate plea to try and get someone to adopt him when I accidentally put him in boxes after a TT mishap. I was so sad because I was preparing to search for Lucha to find him another masked wrestler buddy. Sadly no one wanted Stinky so I had to let him go to the void.

In New Horizons, my seaplane buddies were Scoot and Ursala. I loved Scoot - had him on my new leaf island so I was happy to have him back. But I was contemplating maybe moving Ursala out at some point since I wasn't entirely attached to her. Fast forward 3 years later, I don't think I could ever move her out. She's become one of my favorite villagers. I do think the sentimentality of her being my seaplane buddy helped with that. I also under appreciated the bear villagers and I find it hilarious how she's so much taller than my majority short villagers lol.

i remember when i was younger, i really disliked hazel because of the whole unibrow thing. but as i grew and stuff, i really do like her now!! i feel like we'd be besties!!!! she's so cute omg. my partner might have also made me like dobie a bit, too. and that was recently!! i dunno, i just never saw the hype in him?? but i love that he's just a silly old green wolf.

I used to dislike Raymond because all of the love around him when the game was released. I eventually went island hopping and found him and decided to invite him out of interest. It didn't make me obsessed with him but I enjoyed having him on my island.

In NL, I didn't dislike Jitters as much as in NL, my tastes changed a lot within that time. In NL, Jitters annoyed me and I didn't want him. I was in a different mindset then. In NH, I ran out of NMT and had to accept Jitters while island hopping. It wasn't too bad and I actually grew to like him a lot. Since I am working a lot more now I identify with him a lot more than I realised.

In new leaf, some of my earliest villagers were Beardo, Lionel, Coco, and Soliel. For Beardo, Lionel, and Coco I’m sure it was mostly a looks things that made me feel like I wasn’t going to like them. they ended up being the sweetest to me, and I enjoyed talking to them all the time. I think I also remember being a fan of Lionel’s interior in New Leaf.

With Soliel, I don’t remember exactly what, but she had said something to me in the Plaza, and I remember thinking, “excuse you?!” I don’t remember why, but I had interpreted what she said as a bit snobby and rude. Over time however, we just become besties. I always loved talking to her and hanging at her place! She just needed to warm up to me and me to her!

Back