• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which ANIMALS are lacking in Animal Crossing?

eeveelovee

🔮 Pokémon Master 🔮
Bells
Island
Ashlar
Yellow Balloon
Pink Balloon
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Crystal Tree
So, the game is literally called "Animal" Crossing, yet, there are so many animals that have never been featured in the game! Whether it be as villagers, or NPCs, there are so many animals that could be possibilities for future games.

For me, it would be seals. Sure we have Phineas but that's literally it! Also, no seal related items either, what's up with that?

I have also seen so much fan art online of bat villagers, too which I think is adorable!

What animals are lacking in Animal Crossing that you wish they would include?

Snakes! 🐍🐍🐍
I will repeat this every new game because I doubt they'll end snakes...even though they have octopuses so I KNOW they are capable of making them

So, the game is literally called "Animal" Crossing, yet, there are so many animals that have never been featured in the game! Whether it be as villagers, or NPCs, there are so many animals that could be possibilities for future games.

For me, it would be seals. Sure we have Phineas but that's literally it! Also, no seal related items either, what's up with that?

I have also seen so much fan art online of bat villagers, too which I think is adorable!

What animals are lacking in Animal Crossing that you wish they would include?
Untitled227_20240118080039.png

ooh this is a great question!!

i'd probably have to say... bugs!!

i know we can catch bugs already, but if we can have a hamster cage then why not?

it'd be so cute to have a butterfly villager, or maybe even a moth!

Last edited:
I second having a insect or arachnid villager! I think a spider, or even an ant would be cute. What with all those legs and eyes 🕷

But insects are pretty much the last species that we don't have. Considering we can catch frogs, and turtles it's not really that out of the question!

I second having a insect or arachnid villager! I think a spider, or even an ant would be cute. What with all those legs and eyes 🕷

But insects are pretty much the last species that we don't have. Considering we can catch frogs, and turtles it's not really that out of the question!

exactly!! a ladybug would be required 100%

i think it'd be very funny to see a bug looking at themselves in the museum though 😂

Last edited:
I'd like to see a capybara. These past years, they've grown to a somewhat meme status, haven't they? I think they're popular enough that players would appreciate it. I can already imagine their interior: mountainous wallpaper, stone flooring and a spring bath with a basket of tangerines on the side. ♨️🏔️🍊

—Bats
—Sharks
—Snakes
—Possums
—Sloths
—Turtles
—Lemurs
—Axolotl (I know Dr. Shrunk wasn’t the cutest, but they are kind of cute in real life.)
—Capybara (as someone else said)
—Guinea pigs (as someone else said)

If there are more mammals, we could really use bats. An airborne mammal. Or platypus, an egg laying mammal.
Idk if they will ever do whales, fish, or insects. I think it would be nice if they did though. Catfish, whales, and sharks could be a lot of fun. Ants beetles and butterflies and moths would be fun too.
Something they could do that is lacking is amphibians. Yeah we have frogs/toads, but there are more than just frogs in the amphibian department. The average person often can't think of more than just frogs and end up asking if turtles are amphibians. So it is opportunity to learn. Axolotls and Salamanders are amphibians. Axolotls are considered a salamander too, but they aren't the shape most think of when thinking salamander.
It would also be nice to see more done with reptiles. There are lots of reptiles of different shapes and colors out there.
Fun fact, octopi are categorized as mollusks, which we have in ac!! They got that covered. A lot easier using an octopus than a snail due to "hands".

I would love platypuses, bats, snakes, axolotls, spiders, and turtles. I also think it would be cool if they did dragons or another mythological creature, even though we have Drago. I know they like to have a unique species for most of the NPCs, but if we can have a few dog NPCs, there's no reason we can't have some axolotl villagers running around as well. 💕

I know we have plenty of birbs, but I think toucans would be translated adorably to a villager species.

Capybaras, Dolphins, Axolotls, and Giraffes would make perfect additions to the Animal Crossing series, imo. I’d love to have these as villagers, they’d be so cute

How about Racoons? We only have Timmy and Tommy and Tom Nook but we could always have more. Same with foxes and they could even be white, brown, or black and other colors.

i would love to have otter villagers since they're my favorite animal!! i would also like to see foxes, sloths, dolphins, and pandas. definitely no insects pls 😭😭

I’d love to see otters and fox villagers 🙂. I’d be interested on whales, dolphins or sharks but it depends on how they design them. Sabertooth tiger is another one, as long as it doesn’t look like the lions or the tigers/leopards models. Would like a better looking phoenix and dragon too if they did some mythical animals 🙂

Otters and foxes would be so adorable! Personally I would love to see a dinosaur or opossum but I cant see either of those happening anytime soon

Back