• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Main Method of Hearing the News

Main method receiving News?

• Newspaper

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Tv

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Radio

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Social Networks (Facebook, Twitter, ect)

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • News Websites

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Online fourms

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Video Sharing Sites (YouTube, Tiktok, Rumble, ect)

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Smartphone Notification (share the source)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Email (share the source)

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Word of mouth (coworker, friend, ect)

Votes: 20 38.5%

• Total voters

MiniPocketWorld

🌺💦🏄💦🌺
Bells
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Violet
Purple Violet
I was curious to know in what ways do you normally hear the news?

images

I know most people are on the internet, but there are many ways to see headlines and hear stories of what happened or what is happening.
I'd like to hear thoughts and opinions about the various ways News and BreakingNews reach people. Helpful? Harmful?
> Do you think the methods you hear or receive news from effect what a person could think about the situation?
> What method(s) do you think is most up to date during breaking news?
> What method(s) are more likely re-report/reshare a story due to misunderstanding of a situation?
> What method(s) do you think is most reliable and without basis?
> With such a wide range of methods, what do you think is the best way to handle the flood of headlines?

I hear news by word of other people. I don't watch the news due to all of the negativity and/or misinformation. If something is so important that I need to hear about it, I will hear about it from other people. Sometimes I come across things whilst browsing the internet, but I can't exactly help that. It's not like I'm going out of my way to find the latest news, but it just comes up out of nowhere.

Ranking on how I hear the news by what I voted in the poll from worst to best:

4: Radio
3: Online Forums
2: Social Media
1: TV (My mother always has the news on)

I normally just check certain subreddits, even if I don't actually log in there. I'm also cautious of the source, since some news sites skew the story a little bit too much, and I'm very wary of the ridiculous amount of clickbait headlines that contradict the story they report.

For me it's YouTube's main page, the "Breaking News" section or just latest news in general or whatever. Usually just a thumbnail, but I never click on them otherwise it'll be in my recommended for a really long time. I get the gist of it by the title alone. It loves recommending me the most recent celebrity or just people in general deaths lol like okay cool.

Also, I somewhat get brought up to speed during the morning news if it's the latest story that's being covered, since here in our house, the moment any TV comes on, it's pretty much the default channel all day every day.

Usually only by TV, but I'm very particular which channels I tune in to.

NYT's "The Morning" daily e-mail, NPR while I'm making my coffee, and checking reddit throughout the day is usually how I get my news. Sometimes I also listen to Democracy Now on Youtube.

I get news first from Reddit, so I picked the social media option. After that I double check with TV news. If I don’t have time to watch the news, which happens most of the time; then I’ll wait until major news channels upload their videos on Youtube.

okay so on tumblr there's this meme featuring destiel from supernatural and it's how i learnt about oceangate.. 😭 basically people will spread the scene with changed subtitles and deliver news like that.. besides that the news and twitter/tumblr/reddit is how i get info
0765D50F-2186-48C5-BEC1-B524738449BB.jpeg
ACE08D33-61FF-4A6C-B739-E3033743D0E4.jpeg

Mostly video sharing sites like YT, social networking sites and online news sites, though I am very particular about which source. I don't use the TV for channels, only for streaming services.

various places, but mainly radio (npr), ap news, new york times, local newspapers.

Mostly news websites, often I'll look at one in the morning to see what's going on though generally I only read the headlines. Sometimes I'll watch the news on the TV if it comes on but it's not very often.

Sometimes I watch the news on the TV in the morning but usually I get my news someway online

I only stream on TV so there are no news in the TV Programm for me. I get my news mainly through the internet in various forms. Websites mostly.

I get a general idea of what's going on in the world by looking at the News section on Reddit

sometimes I'll hear about stuff by word-of-mouth though

edit: finally quit reddit so now i have to google "news" whenever I wanna know whats going on in the world

Last edited:
Nowadays, I get mine from Microsoft Edge, which are mostly listicles on stuff like generations, travel, and food.

Watching the news give me anxiety so I'm waiting for someone to give me a summary

Back