• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your Chinese Zodiac Sign?

What's your Chinese Zodiac Sign?

• Rat

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Ox

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Tiger

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Rabbit

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Dragon

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Snake

• Horse

• Goat

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Monkey

• Rooster

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Dog

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Pig

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters
I was born in '97, so it's the ox. The description said they're hard-working, dependable, and able to overcome obstacles with perseverance. It fits me to a T!

Goat!
I only know that because me and a friend bought our own Chinese zodiac ty beanie babies as kids. I don't have mine anymore but it was really cute and it looked like this:
images

Idk if I fit the description. Id have to look it up.... But I usually don't look into zodiac stuff.

Oooh! I’m really excited about this thread. Even though I’m trained in science, I still love all these astrology things and superstitions! I guess part of it comes from my Asian upbringing where all these punny traditions exist, especially around holidays like the New Year!

I was born in the year of the Rat, and I love identifying with being the first in zodiac. Small but cunning, intelligent, clever, and resourceful. I’m the firstborn in my family, so I think that part of the story resonated with me. And then in weekend Chinese School I can’t tell you how many times we did plays about the zodiac story or discussed it;) I guess I’m lucky there’s a fun story about the first few zodiac characters! I feel like we don’t talk about the later characters in the zodiac as much which is a shame.
I do really love the manga/anime Fruits Basket for that though. Because I’m a sucker for shoujo stories, and it hits all the most wonderful lovey feelings for me about family and love and friendship:) Anyway, I love that series because I feel like each of the zodiac family members really gets their own personality and we get to know them! So for my friends and family who are born in later years of the zodiac, now I have something more to anchor their zodiac signs to:)

My sign is the Snake. 🐍 I've never really looked into it much before, but after doing a bit of reading I can definitely relate to some of the traits!

Year of the pig! But I strongly prefer "Year of the Boar" myself, as I'm a big fan of boars.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 101623.png

LOVE.

Anyway, according to the internet, Boars " are said to be generous, diligent and compassionate. They are energetic, enthusiastic, and love to have fun. They have a great sense of responsibility and handle conflict calmly."

Bolded parts are the ones that resonate with me. I don't think I'm stingy, but I honestly tend to be more equal-minded than generous. If there are five people and five cookies, I will never take more than one cookie, nor will I give my one cookie away. I admire generosity, because fairness and equality are easy for me, but giving away "extra" is not. I haven't had energy since I was a kid! And I suppose I like fun as much as anyone, but I don't think I seem fun or tend to enjoy popular fun activities. On the flip side, I am diligent and compassionate, I'm enthusiastic about topics of interest, I feel very responsible for my sphere of influence, and I am an excellent mediator because I tend to project calm, despite hating conflict.

Another source provides "aware, honest, tolerant and make and keep good friends. They tend to expect the same from everyone else and more often than not they end up disappointed." This definition feels more all-around accurate. I have high moral standards, I pay a lot of attention, I always tell the truth, and I am difficult to annoy. I have a hard time accepting that other people do not usually share my value system.

Fun fact! Boars are in charge of the 9 p.m. - 11 p.m. portion of the day, which has historically been my most creative and enjoyable portion of the day.

Year of the pig! But I strongly prefer "Year of the Boar" myself, as I'm a big fan of boars.

View attachment 535576

LOVE.

Anyway, according to the internet, Boars " are said to be generous, diligent and compassionate. They are energetic, enthusiastic, and love to have fun. They have a great sense of responsibility and handle conflict calmly."

Bolded parts are the ones that resonate with me. I don't think I'm stingy, but I honestly tend to be more equal-minded than generous. If there are five people and five cookies, I will never take more than one cookie, nor will I give my one cookie away. I admire generosity, because fairness and equality are easy for me, but giving away "extra" is not. I haven't had energy since I was a kid! And I suppose I like fun as much as anyone, but I don't think I seem fun or tend to enjoy popular fun activities. On the flip side, I am diligent and compassionate, I'm enthusiastic about topics of interest, I feel very responsible for my sphere of influence, and I am an excellent mediator because I tend to project calm, despite hating conflict.

Another source provides "aware, honest, tolerant and make and keep good friends. They tend to expect the same from everyone else and more often than not they end up disappointed." This definition feels more all-around accurate. I have high moral standards, I pay a lot of attention, I always tell the truth, and I am difficult to annoy. I have a hard time accepting that other people do not usually share my value system.

Fun fact! Boars are in charge of the 9 p.m. - 11 p.m. portion of the day, which has historically been my most creative and enjoyable portion of the day.
Ooh, I didn’t know they had hours!

I’m a horse but it doesn’t exactly fit me that well ó3ò and its hours are 11am to 1pm. Nice hours, but not the ones I’m most alert for ^^;

Yes, several of them have different names depending on which source you use. I just picked one and ran with it for the poll. I like both pigs and boars! 🐗🐷

I also didn't realize there were hours. The Chinese zodiac really is complex. My hours as a Goat are 1pm to 3pm. That's not my most active time of day, but it is when I finally feel awake and ready to start my day.

I also didn't realize there were hours. The Chinese zodiac really is complex. My hours as a Goat are 1pm to 3pm. That's not my most active time of day, but it is when I finally feel awake and ready to start my day
Yes, Chinese zodiac has Years, Months and Hours of the Day so there is a total of 3 possible zodiac animals you could fall under.

My Year is Snake, Month is Snake (April) and my hours are the same as yours: Goat (1 Pm to 3 Pm)

I love fortunes and starsigns. I am a rooster? So I checked and mostly I don’t think it sounds like me at all 😞

IMG_2354.jpeg
Multi tasker you have to. Hard worker? Life is hard and work expects everything for nothing.

Think I will stick with my birth sign as home loving, caring and family oriented is more
me 💜

My Year is Snake, Month is Snake (April) and my hours are the same as yours: Goat (1 Pm to 3 Pm)
Looks like I calculated it wrong. My year is Snake, but my lunar month is actually Dragon. So I am a Snake year, Dragon month and Goat hour.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 165707.png

Screenshot 2024-02-12 165948.png

I am a Pig, Ehhhhh I don't necessarily agree or disagree with this...
For one thing, one of the personality traits it says pigs have on several websites is "Pigs are not good with money skills" I strongly disagree with this I am very good with saving my money so I can make sure I always have enough money to buy things I really want, I stick with a budget of how much money I want to spend and I don't buy things that'll make me wish I had saved my money for something different.

"Pigs are energetic, enthusiastic, compassionate, loyal, friendly and laid-back"
That doesn't really sound like me...

"Pigs are diligent and have great strength and patience to accomplish their goals and are hard workers"
Definitely me because once I want to work towards a goal I never give up until it's finished

"Pigs are native, simple-minded and immature"
I don't know, ask someone else this question if they think I am immature or not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm part of the Rooster squad! I'm water type 🐓🌊 Shout out to the other 134 million hydro roosters out there! Apparently we are all imaginative, warm-hearted, and full of love and compassion! (depending on what traits google decides to show you, I guess)

Rooster and I guess it resonates. I'm not Chinese so I never particularly felt much towards the Chinese Zodiac.

I'm a rooster! As for how much it fits me, I'll go through this description I found

Roosters are those talented, creative, but somewhat eccentric people who make life interesting for the rest of us. Their bird-like minds are always on the lookout for stimulation and roosters display the characteristically high-energy behavior of their species. They are artistic, creative and sophisticated, with a thorough knowledge of fine wines, cooking, writing, theater and painting.
I don't think I'm particularly talented or creative, but I do have autism, so the eccentric part probably fits! Always on the lookout for stimulation makes sense as well, since I literally stim. I do think I have a lot of energy as well. I can never sit still. I'm not good at art, so I'll say no on the artistic part. Creativity comes in many forms, so I'm not sure if I'm creative in some way or not. There are things I have a thorough knowledge of, but none of the things listed here. I prefer learning about languages, history, and geography. And I prefer reading to writing

Roosters exhibit a decided theatrical streak as they strut their stuff in the latest fashions. Craving attention, their show-off attitude sometimes generates criticism from those close to them and their need to be the center of attention permeates every aspect of their busy life. When it comes to clothes, furniture and cars they only purchase the highest quality items and their excessive spending can land them in financial disarray.
...No? I mean I can be a bit dramatic, so maybe the theatrical part fits, but why would I want attention from others? And no to the rest as well

The rooster's active mind is always working on a way to create more drama in its life. Offsetting a feisty and competitive nature is a secretive and aloof side that manifests itself when it feels insecure. And yet, a rooster is a solid friend. Their blunt approach -- while sometimes hurtful and tactless -- can always be counted on to be honest and frank.
I may be a bit dramatic at times, but I don't think I try to create drama. I can be competitive, the consequence of growing up with a competitive older brother. Secretive and aloof... maybe? I don't think I have many secrets. The blunt part is mostly accurate, but I do try to be tactful. Honesty is one of my better traits though I think

Roosters are in big demand at parties. With a witty repartee and an ability to easily mix, they flirt shamelessly while reveling in the glow of the spot-light. Concerned about how they are perceived by others, they are only happy if people are talking to or about them.
...What? No.

And that seems to be all for the main description they had. My conclusion is that some traits fit me but a lot don't

Back