• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your Chinese Zodiac Sign?

What's your Chinese Zodiac Sign?

• Rat

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Ox

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Tiger

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Rabbit

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Dragon

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Snake

• Horse

• Goat

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Monkey

• Rooster

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Dog

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Pig

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters

LadyDestani

🌷Happy Little Leif🌷
Staff
Bells
Pink Hybrid Tulip
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Tulip
White Tulip
White Rose
White Tulip
Red Tulip
With Lunar New Year quickly approaching I thought it would be interesting to discuss the Chinese Zodiac Signs. Which animal are you? Do you feel like it resonates with your personality?

I'm a Goat/Ram/Sheep and I think it does sound a lot like me. I am a follower versus a leader and I'd like to think that I'm kind, gentle, and creative.

Mine is the Rooster (which I like calling the Chicken). I don’t know if it resonates with my personality, but I do agree with the creativity and consistency.

I actually had to look it up since I’ve never thought to check what my Chinese zodiac is before, but mine is Horse! Some of the traits I’ve seen used to describe people born in the year of the Horse are responsible, high-spirited, confident, decisive, energetic and active, none of which I would personally use to describe myself right now, though would love to be able to one day. However, I’ve also read that they’re warm-hearted, funny and positive, which I hope I come across as. I certainly try my best to, at least.

My sense of humour has always been one of the things that I like the most about myself. Truly nothing makes me happier than making others laugh or putting a smile on their face. I try to be “comedic relief” in rough moments when appropriate, because being able to make someone laugh or at least crack a smile when they’re struggling is a gift that I don’t take for granted. It‘s something that has proven particularly useful with my mom after she’s had one of her breakdowns; getting her mind off of whatever triggered it and making her laugh always helps her feel better faster, which is of course what I want and what my goal is in those moments. But no matter the situation or who I’m with, making others laugh always makes me feel good. Those are the kinds of moments that I carry in my heart forever. 💜

Despite all of my shortcomings and all of the hardships I’ve faced, I’d like to consider myself to be a warm-hearted, positive person. I didn’t exactly grow up with the best influences as my parents are judgmental and pessimistic, and they’re the people I’ve spent the most time with in my life, so it’s been hard to not pick up on their habits. The past few days have especially been rough for me, and my positivity has been tested. However, something that helps me when I’m having a rough time is reminding myself that tomorrow is a new day, and there’s always the possibility that tomorrow will be the start of something better. I just have to be here for tomorrow in order to find out. I know that’s a cliche lol, but the possibility that tomorrow might be better really does help sometimes.

I’m a big believer in letting people do what makes them happy so long as it doesn’t harm themselves or others, and treating people the way I’d want to be treated. No matter someone’s gender identity, romantic/sexual orientation, nationality, background etc, I try to treat everyone with respect and kindness. I’ll go out of my way to help someone and make them happy, even at my own expense. I do my best to check in with my friends and my fellow people when they’re struggling, even when I am as well, because I never want someone to feel alone or like they have no one in their corner. I know it’s not realistic to be everyone’s friend, and I know that I can’t be, but I can at least treat everyone with compassion. I never know what someone else is going through, and the last thing I ever want to be is the source of someone’s upset. If I can’t take someone’s pain away, the least I can do is hold their hand through it.

All of that being said, I wouldn’t say that my Chinese zodiac resonates with me all that much. I don’t really relate to most of what I’ve read. It’s the same thing with my astrological zodiac sign (Pisces); some traits I relate to, some I don’t. I think my personality is too complex to be summed up with zodiac signs or personality types, and that’s okay! 😅 It’s still fun stuff to read up on sometimes!

Mine is Monkey and based on the secondary zodiac Rooster (time of birth). My best friend is chinese and really into the zodiacs. She said to me she don't want a baby right now because of the dragon year and wants to wait for a good one to come ☠️ That's wild to me haha

I'm the Snake and it is describe according from this site I found and top results on Google:
Those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the Snake are seductive, gregarious, introverted, generous, charming, good with money, analytical, insecure, jealous, slightly dangerous, smart, they rely on gut feelings, are hard-working and intelligent. Compatible with Rooster or Ox. source
intuitive, sensitive, extremely competent, funny, diligent, imaginative, sympathetic, wise, persuasive, and passionate.
I am introverted and imaginative, but unsure about the rest. I'm not someone who would go around calling themselves 'kind', just because something said I'm for example.

Last edited:
It is both funny and wild at the same time that 2024 is the year of the dragon, and I was also born in the year of the dragon. Some traits that are described are confident, intelligent, and enthusiastic. These fit me, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm confident.

However, since I was born in late 2000, it is also worth noting that if I were born 10 days later, I would have been born in the year of the snake.

My Chinese zodiac sign is a rat:

77206e385c863a5bc4e15df43e877817.gif

I was born in the Year of the Tiger! 🐅 Born in November of 1998, so I'm an Earth Tiger, specifically. I feel like I'm less an ambitious, adventure-loving entrepreneur and more someone who aspires to live comfortably and quietly while engaging in my hobbies as much as possible, though. I'm also supposed to have a striking, domineering charisma, which is not how I'd describe myself but it sounds pretty rad, so if anyone does feel instinctively drawn to my presence, please let me know.

With that said, I do relate more strongly with the traits of loyalty, courageousness, warm-heartedness, having a strong sense of justice, and being a hopeless romantic. It doesn't feel like a perfect match, but I feel a lot more of a connection with being a Tiger than I do with being a Scorpio
(which I've always kind of hated, because I don't really relate to Scorpio traits at all ;; ).

Also I just like tigers and big cats in general.

I was born in the year of the Dog. 🐶
It's not really an exciting sign by the description... so it mostly fits, lol.

Screenshot_20240209-102821_Chrome.jpg

I was born in the year of the Dragon, 1988.

It should be obvious...I am a snake 🐍

Snakes are supposed to be the most philosophical and secretive of the zodiac signs. I suppose so...🐍🐍🐍

I'm an ox. I had to look it up because I'm not familiar with Chinese zodiac signs. The traits make so much sense.

It should be obvious...I am a snake 🐍

Snakes are supposed to be the most philosophical and secretive of the zodiac signs. I suppose so...🐍🐍🐍
More to add...apparently each month also gets a zodiac sign. April is also snake so I am a double snek 🐍🐍

I'm also compatible with Ox, Rooster and Monkey. My husband's sign is Monkey. For me, Chinese astrology is more "exact" for me, especially when it comes to personality characteristics. Taurus feels hit and miss for me. Not to mention that Rising and Ascending still confuse me (I've seen the explanations and they still confuse me)

mine is a water horse! [sighs dreamily] I knew it was the year of the horse, but I did not realise till I searched for it now, that the elemental sign for that year was water. I am quite pleased with that.

my Chinese zodiac is the snake 𓆙 looks like I am an earth snake according to wiki. I am definitely an introvert and I like to keep things to myself most of the time. I can also be very sensitive at times. I would like to think I’m somewhat intelligent, but that can be subjective lol. also my favorite number is 8 so there’s that.

Imma rat.

Known to spend freely and uh...I forget the rest.

Basically it means I'm bad at managing money.

I was born year of the Rat! But since I was born in 1996, it’s even cooler because according to the Chinese Five Elements, the year 1996 is a Fire year. Therefore, people born in 1996 are Fire Rats. 😂

I had first found out my Chinese zodiac on a restaurant menu back when I was six and then I told all my friends I was born from a rat. 😂 That was cringey and weird lol.

Back