• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the best site event in 2023?

What was the best site event in 2023?

• Total voters
I honestly loved all of this year’s events! The New Year, New Horizons - ACNH Blogging Event was a bit stressful with having to come up with a minimum of 10 journal entries, but I really appreciate the kick it gave me to get more creative with my journal entries (even if my island journal has remained untouched since 😅), and the ideas it’s given me for if I ever decide to start up a journal for my island again! The egg decorating contest was fun, too; it was my first time participating in one, and while I mainly only did it for the participation reward, I still like how my egg turned out, albeit simple as it was! I even still have it on display in my room. The egg hunts are one of my favourite tbt events, so of course I enjoyed this year’s! There’s nothing like the thrill of finding an egg. 😌 The new 2023 egg collectibles are so beautiful as well; the Crescent-moon Egg and Stardust Egg are my beloveds fr!

This year’s Celebrating Diversity Event was lovely; everyone creating entries that represent who they are and what’s important to them during the celebrating diversity events is always so beautiful to see. I’m also so appreciative that the basic star frags were re-released for it, and that I got to buy a Blue Star Fragment (one of my dream collectibles) to commemorate the month that I finally graduated from high school! The Haunted Carnival was awesome; I always adore the aesthetic of the Halloween events, and all of the new collectibles were incredible!! I’m also still so astonished that I won my first staff favourite from it. 🥹 The current Stole-iday event has been so fun, and while I’m relieved that I’m done with all of my creative entries for it, I’m simultaneously bummed that the event will be coming to a close soon. I loved Reindeer Roundup, seeing all of the different beautiful entries that everyone has created, and checking in every day for 12DoC and the Community Advent Calendar. All of the new collectibles are so pretty, and I’m still so in love with the new recoloured collectibles! Forever grateful and surprised to actually have one of them. 🥹

The time, work, effort and dedication that staff puts into every event, big or small, is truly insane to me. I can’t ever express just how grateful I am that this little corner of the internet exists, and that staff puts so much work into keeping it running and us entertained!

With all that being said, it was a tough choice, but I have to say that space camp was my favourite 2023 event! I’m not really a fan of the competitive elements of the team-based events and the tension/stress that comes with them, but my team was so wonderful to be a part of, even though we didn’t win. I got to team up with some incredible people, made some beautiful new friends and became closer to some of my old friends, and that is much more special to me than a trophy collectible or coming in first place. All of the events were a blast (pun intended) to participate in, and the lore was so interesting! I loved working with a few of my teammates to solve each Far Out Frequencies puzzle, collaborating with my team to create a story for UFO Findings and Opinings and find all of the items required for Scavenging Race, and posting with them to earn Stardust for The Wishing Star! I’m also still so thankful to my team for trusting me to co-coordinate our submission for each Scavenging Race round, and being patient and kind to me when I wasn’t perfect. All of the new space collectibles are so, so gorgeous as well, and I’m forever grateful for my Rainbow Crescent Moon. 🥹 I’m so happy that we finally have our Moon Bunny frag as well! Moon Bunnies forever. 🤍

This is more of a personal thing, but my entries for space camp are also the ones I’m most proud of from this year! I’m still so pleased with and proud of my Galactic Gyroids, Common Room Design, and Pencil Passport entries, even if there are some things I would change about all of them if I were to re-do them. The space aesthetic was also unmatched! So delighted that Mick finally got his space event. ☺️

Last edited:
That is a tough decision to make! Firstly, I loved the ‘New Year, New Horizons’ event, it seems so long ago! That one will have a special place for me out of all the events I’ve taken part in as it was the first one I won a prize, a Bronze Trophy! I was really thrilled to win as I started it before Blossom arrived and even though things got a bit hectic when she arrived I still managed to complete and submit it on time. Plus, the story revolved around Buck and his Royal Crown, so Buck has to take some credit!

I didn’t take part in many of the Easter Egg activities, I think only the Egg Hunt. I managed to get a Froggy Egg and Baby Chick due to some lovely members giving me a few hints towards where the eggs were hidden as it was my first egg hunt!

Camp! Wow, that was a lot of fun. Starting from how we got our name - I was a Actually, Neverminder – until we departed The Lopez. It was my first camp, and now I can now see why members kept saying how great previous camps were. I loved being part of a team and the fun banter between teams was very amusing.

I missed the Halloween event, but I thought it looked great fun and would have loved to have taken part. Fingers crossed for Halloween 2024!

I think The Stole-iday Event does edge ahead into 1st place, as I love the Christmas/Winter collectibles. Even though my art and creativity skills are limited, I do enjoy trying my best and looking at all the other entries! Plus, I won a Christmas Gold Candy thanks to ‘The Sweetest Christmas’ event, which I was and still am in disbelief as it’s a collectible I’ve always admired when I saw it in other members lineups! The ‘Naughty or Nice’ has to be one of my all time favourite events since I joined. I love members pelting snowballs at each other!

I know it’s been said, but I honestly can’t believe how much time and effort the staff put into these events, especially at this time of year when it’s a busy time for most.

Last edited:
Back