• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was the best site event in 2023?

What was the best site event in 2023?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
I know the current event isn’t over yet, but 2023 has been an unusually great year for TBT’s festivities. As the year is coming to a close, I would like your opinion on which of the 2023 events was the best on TBT?

As much as I love my Easter Egg hunts, they're all basically the same thing with barely new gimmicks added.

I wasn't around any Camp TBT events for that matter, I'm hoping to be in one when the time comes.

The Haunted Carnival was easily the best one no contest, as it behaved exactly like the TBT Fair. I enjoyed every single one I signed up on TBT for. (Except for 2013 and 2022, I wasn't active when they happened)

Lastly, It's too soon to judge on the Stole-iday Season but I know it won't beat The Haunted Carnival in my book that's for sure.

My favorite was the Haunted Carnival. The prizes were good, the activities were fun, I liked this whole tent mechanic, and we got to curse other members, which was last done in 2014.

I'm going with Space Camp. It was my second, and favorite of the Camp Bell Tree events. Despite coming in dead last, I loved being part of the Galaxolotls. Throughout the event my teammates truly made me feel like part of the team. I kept my own Galaxolotl Star Fragment to commemorate my time with the team.

Not to discount my time in the first camp, but I definitely felt more included and accepted with the Galaxolotls. I also did not have WiFi during the first camp, therefore not able to participate in the online gaming sessions, so that is something to keep in mind. Additionally, the timing was not ideal. I feel like I grew a lot and started accepting myself more as a person within the past year. As much as I cannot change what has already happened, I am thankful for those who have, at the very least, been friendly towards me.
I'll shut up before this becomes even more off topic.

The Haunted Carnival was the best for me, especially with how much work went into it and how fun it was.

Space Camp was alright, but I would be lying if I said I don't care that I wasn't on the winning team. I mean, I've participated in two camps now on the site and haven't won either of them. If there's ever another camp event in the future, I hope I am on the winning team, because three losses in a row would kind of stink, lol.

I’ll choose space camp. I’m usually more invested in group events and try to participate as much as I can. It also helps that the event had a lot of cute collectibles; and I got all of the ones that I wanted. Being part of the winning team was the cherry on top.😁

Easily Space Camp 🐳💫
It was also my first camp. Even though it was big, (which can look intimidating) it was fun and my teammates were nice. We all worked together and celebrated every step together 🎉

Space Camp, although the Haunted Carnival was very close. I really loved my team, we were so supportive of one another, and we had so much team spirit.💙 I loved being able to work together on the events; the puzzles were especially memorable. I'll never forget my time with my fellow Galaxolotls!

The Haunted Carnival was the best for me, especially with how much work went into it and how fun it was.

Space Camp was alright, but I would be lying if I said I don't care that I wasn't on the winning team. I mean, I've participated in two camps now on the site and haven't won either of them. If there's ever another camp event in the future, I hope I am on the winning team, because three losses in a row would kind of stink, lol.
I've participated in 3 team events and have came in dead last in each of them lol. So I can get that. But with that said I'd have to say Space camp was my favorite. The camaraderie made it worth the time and effort. The other team events I enjoyed my time with as well, but I don't think I ever bonded with any of them like I did with the space camp. Probably because space camp was the first time that the team actually felt like one with the events we had to do.

I've participated in 3 team events and have came in dead last in each of them lol. So I can get that. But with that said I'd have to say Space camp was my favorite. The camaraderie made it worth the time and effort. The other team events I enjoyed my time with as well, but I don't think I ever bonded with any of them like I did with the space camp. Probably because space camp was the first time that the team actually felt like one with the events we had to do.
I was actually bothered by being on the team that came in last place, to the point that it discouraged me from participating in the next team event. Not that I didn’t like being in last place, but this was my first team event I participated in, which gave me bad first impressions. But I made my promise that I will sign up for Camp TBT 2025 when it comes, so I will be participating again.

And look what we got. All four teams have made some special achievements. We Galaxolotls swept the Actually Neverminders in two areas (The Observatory and the Cargo Hold) and were the first to get our special star fragment. Actually Nevermind dominated the bottle event and got a perfect score in Lunar Logic. The International Space Cetacean won it all. And the Moon Bunnies were the first to score 1,000 points. Finally, as of today, all four teams now have a star fragment based on them. The legacy still continues, as Space Camp TBT was the most memorable event since the 2017 TBT Fair.

Speaking of which, can someone draw a picture of Kracko with all four team star fragments?

camp tbt 2023 was very fun!!
i feel like i might be biased though since camp tbt was the only event that i could participate in 100% this year lol

Easily Camp Bell Tree, which is my favorite site event ever. I feel like I've written a lot about why it's my favorite already, so I'll simply say that not only was the camp itself amazing and my team for it was incredible, it's made a long-lasting impact on my life far beyond the 4 weeks of the event itself. I'm forever grateful I came back and had things go as well as they did during the event. 💜

Easily Camp Bell Tree, which is my favorite site event ever. I feel like I've written a lot about why it's my favorite already, so I'll simply say that not only was the camp itself amazing and my team for it was incredible, it's made a long-lasting impact on my life far beyond the 4 weeks of the event itself. I'm forever grateful I came back and had things go as well as they did during the event. 💜
Next Camp TBT, you might be a team captain, like Mairmalade was to the Galaxolotls.

The Haunted Carnival... because that's the only one I participated in this year lol. I always enjoy the halloween events but I'll try to participate in more next year.

The Haunted Carnival! I love Halloween. I love spooky stuff. I love the darker collectibles. I loved everything about it! It really didn't hurt that it was my first time hosting an event and that my event was themed around tarot cards either. It was so much fun! 🔮

I did enjoy Space Camp quite a bit though. It was easily my favorite of the team-based events I've participated in because the Moon Bunnies were an awesome team! Not that my other teams haven't been nice, but I usually end up on the teams with the least participation. So it was nice to feel like I was part of a more cohesive team for a change. Also, the collectibles! 🌙🐇

The Stole-iday event is a serious contender in my opinion too. It makes my Grinchy heart happy! 💗

I actually think I'm going to say this Stole-iday event!

While I loved the space theme for camp this year, and I had a ton of fun with my teammates, I felt a lot of pressure due to the directly competitive and often timed nature of events. I enjoyed camp, but I don't personally love the tension of competition, and my favorite thing about this forum is the collaboration and goodwill I experience during events.

I don't usually participate much in the easter egg hunts, and while the Halloween event was fantastic, I'm not a big Halloween person in general, so the overall aesthetics were something I appreciated from afar. By contrast, I absolutely adore Christmas in "real life." So this event, with its generous deadlines, abundance of gumdrops, and holiday theming, is right up my alley.

Back