What race are you?

What race are you?

• Total voters
White British with Irish ancestry. I'm pale and have freckles, so I get burnt by the sun rather than tanned 😅

Reactions: Fye
I’m mixed (so I selected other)! Half Japanese, half white. (My mom is Japanese American)

here in California I grew up referring to myself as hapa - a word borrowed from a Hawaiian phrase.

I spent several years feeling like I had to identify as Asian or white or fight to be ‘authentic’ in one identity or the other, but these days I am happy to embrace my more complex mixed identity.

I'm Hispanic fully but I've been mistaken for being Asian especially when I was a child lmao
My skin tone is pale and used to be slightly more but it still is basically the same

Reactions: Fye
I am very white, coming from a mixture of European countries. I'm not sure of all of my origins but I know Dutch for sure. I believe English and either French or French-Canadian as well.

I am a dark-skinned southeast Asian. My lineage traces back to Vietnam, southern China, and (according to a DNA kit) possibly Indonesia. My skin is too tan to fit the "Asian ideal", and if I get sent back in time to my ancestral home, I'm sure they would welcome me as a farm hand rather than an Imperial concubine, lol. That's just the skin and build I have.
My friend group is diverse and I've always celebrated my heritage. History has a terrible way of shaming people for something they have no control over; I say you're all beautiful and interesting and I hope you love yourself and embrace your race.
Post automatically merged:

This actuality reminded me of one of my favorite articles where they took photos of 100 people in and compiled a facial average for each country:

There is probably a more updated version somewhere, but the facial average is recognizable and fascinating.

Last edited:
I'm mixed- my dad is white and my mom is a medium/dark hispanic (from Colombia), and I'm a blend of them both. I struggled with this a lot growing up since I felt like I didn't really fit in anywhere, especially since I don't speak Spanish fluently.

I'm Asian! Southeast Asian to be exact, so my skin isn't as pale as non-southeast Asians. Both of my parents are Indonesian so so am I. I don't know if I'm 100% Indonesian or i have some sort of mix lol.

I’m white with a mix of several different European ethnicities. Despite that I still look more German than anything else.

Back