• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What race are you?

What race are you?

• Total voters
White British with Irish ancestry. I'm pale and have freckles, so I get burnt by the sun rather than tanned 😅

Reactions: Fye
I’m mixed (so I selected other)! Half Japanese, half white. (My mom is Japanese American)

here in California I grew up referring to myself as hapa - a word borrowed from a Hawaiian phrase.

I spent several years feeling like I had to identify as Asian or white or fight to be ‘authentic’ in one identity or the other, but these days I am happy to embrace my more complex mixed identity.

I'm Hispanic fully but I've been mistaken for being Asian especially when I was a child lmao
My skin tone is pale and used to be slightly more but it still is basically the same

Reactions: Fye
I am very white, coming from a mixture of European countries. I'm not sure of all of my origins but I know Dutch for sure. I believe English and either French or French-Canadian as well.

I am a dark-skinned southeast Asian. My lineage traces back to Vietnam, southern China, and (according to a DNA kit) possibly Indonesia. My skin is too tan to fit the "Asian ideal", and if I get sent back in time to my ancestral home, I'm sure they would welcome me as a farm hand rather than an Imperial concubine, lol. That's just the skin and build I have.
My friend group is diverse and I've always celebrated my heritage. History has a terrible way of shaming people for something they have no control over; I say you're all beautiful and interesting and I hope you love yourself and embrace your race.
Post automatically merged:

This actuality reminded me of one of my favorite articles where they took photos of 100 people in and compiled a facial average for each country:

There is probably a more updated version somewhere, but the facial average is recognizable and fascinating.

Last edited:
I'm mixed- my dad is white and my mom is a medium/dark hispanic (from Colombia), and I'm a blend of them both. I struggled with this a lot growing up since I felt like I didn't really fit in anywhere, especially since I don't speak Spanish fluently.

I'm Asian! Southeast Asian to be exact, so my skin isn't as pale as non-southeast Asians. Both of my parents are Indonesian so so am I. I don't know if I'm 100% Indonesian or i have some sort of mix lol.

I’m white with a mix of several different European ethnicities. Despite that I still look more German than anything else.

Back