• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What game are you most excited for in 2023?

DarthGohan1

TBT Old Timer
Retired Staff
Bells
Chocolate Cake
Wallopoid
Wallopoid
Pavé
Cake
5 Envelopes
Mailbox
What game are you most excited for in 2023? Can be a game with an official release date or a game you're hoping or expecting will arrive in 2023.

Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life is something I'm looking at getting if reviews are good.
I'm really looking forward to Palworld. I hope it's something really worth buying!

the only game i’m really looking forward to is the story of seasons: a wonderful life reboot next summer! i never played the original, and i haven’t played a story of seasons/harvest moon game since “the lost valley” on the 3DS, but i’m so excited! it honestly looks so fun.

i’m ecstatic that same-sex relationships are possible (i’m pansexual, so while i’d be okay with a hetero relationship, having the option to choose otherwise if i wanted makes my heart so happy <3), and the characters aging over time is a nice touch! i also love that we’ll be able to choose between playing as a female, male or non-binary character! sounds like it’ll be the most inclusive story of seasons/harvest moon game i’ve played thus far. ♥️

i’m looking forward to meeting all the characters, and ofc having lots of cute farm animals! next summer can’t come soon enough. 😩

Last edited:
the only game i’m really looking forward to is the story of seasons: a wonderful life reboot next summer! i never played the original, and i haven’t played a story of seasons/harvest moon game since “the lost valley” on the 3DS, but i’m so excited! it honestly looks so fun.

i’m ecstatic that same-sex relationships are possible (i’m pansexual, so while i’d be okay with a hetero relationship, having the option to choose otherwise if i wanted makes my heart so happy <3), and the characters aging over time is a nice touch! i also love that we’ll be able to choose between playing as a female, male or non-binary character! this sounds like it’ll be the most inclusive story of seasons/harvest moon game i’ve played thus far. ♥️

i’m looking forward to meeting all the characters, and ofc having lots of cute farm animals! next summer can’t come soon enough. 😩
I'm so over having to be a boy in order to date a girl lol. It'll be nice to date Lumina as a female (me) for once.

There's two games tied at the very top of 2023 releases for me: Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and Pikmin 4. We've had to wait a long time for both to be released (and in Pikmin 4's case, to even be officially announced), so naturally my excitement level is high for both of them.

Honestly, that's a good question. And I'm not really sure that I have any at all.

(Obviously Legend of Zelda)

And I would say Final Fantasy XVI...except, Sony are being jerks and making it a PS5 exclusive. I played Final Fantasy XV on my Xbox One, and I enjoyed that game more than most people did. - That said, 2023 will probably be the year that I buy a PS5 anyway. It will probably be more about playing games that already came out for PS5...like Stray, and God of War Ragnarok.

*edit* I guess the FFXVI exclusivity is only 6 months. So, I will probably wait and get that on Xbox anyway. I thought I heard that Sony was blocking Square Enix from putting out FF games for Xbox entirely. But I guess that was only about the FFVII remaster.

Otherwise, yeah...I don't have very many things that I'm excited about. Kinda depressing now that I think about the state of things and how little is actually coming out for my personal taste. Hopefully the indy developers continue to impress with little surprises here and there. That's about all I can hope for.

At the moment, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe.
The original Kirby's Return to Dream Land was one of my favorite Kirby games and I am expecting some surprises. So far just seeing that some old mini games return from the trailer has me excited already, lol

the only thing im looking forward to game related is pikmin 4

The game that I am most excited for in 2023 is Fire Emblem Engage. That game is going to be my first Fire Emblem game that I get to pre-order. Excited to see both Eirika and Ephraim in this game. Just have to wait for the game as well as getting the Nintendo Switch OLED.

Are you getting it on Switch?
Nope, I'm planning on getting it on my Xbox One X. I plan on upgrading my Switch to an OLED version at some point when I'm able to so I haven't been playing many games on it because it doesn't hold a charge well and I prefer to play it in handheld. I stiill have the V1 model of switch, so don't have even the battery upgrade V2 got. Once I upgrade to an OLED model I'll probably buy it for my Switch too so I can play it handheld :)

I'm dyingggg to play the new Zelda game! I'd like to play Hogwarts Legacy but giving money to J.K. is... I just can't.

Starfield looks like it might be nice. Maybe...I don't know enough about it, but if it's like Fallout, but in space, it might be fun to try out.

Well, i'm excited for Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom! Absolutley love Breath of The Wild so am excited to see what ToTK throws at us. And also Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life. Loved the origonal (have the Game Cube version but played it on the Wii).

Back