• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you think about the music from New Horizons now?

Has your opinion on the music of New Horizons changed?

• Yes, in a way that I like it now

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • No, I still dislike it

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Yes, I initially liked it but grew annoyed by it

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • No, I still liked it in the first place

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • It really depends on each soundtrack

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
I still like it, but I also still like the music from older games more. There are more songs in NH that bug or annoy me than in older games.
Most of the songs that I don't like in NH are at night, and since nothing is open then, I am rarely on then.

But I do like many songs NH has that other people don't because they feel it is too upbeat or fast? 8am? I like it though, I just wish it was a later in the day thing.

While a list of fav hourly songs in older games are a longer list, NH is still just two, 5am and 6pm. I am rarely awake before 7am anymore, and there isn't much of a reason to be on nh that early, since the shop is closed, so I only get to listen to 6pm.

Why couldn't there be a merchant on the dlc island at night that would buy your bugs and fish at a high price for them being exotic or useful in food. Or better yet and more simple, a 24/hr unlockable mart.
Maybe in a future game, Tommy and Timmy can grow up and run a 24/hr mart.

Can I also bring up the 5PM music? When I first heard it, I thought it sounded like the kind of music you would hear in a video of people showing their affections for one another (well, that’s the most appropriate way I can explain it). I thought it was hilarious at first, but that song never really aged well in my opinion. I now consider it the worst song in the game, with the 2PM music coming in at a close second.

If I really had to pick a song from the soundtrack that I genuinely like, I’d pick the 5AM music. I almost never hear it, and I think it’s an excellent “start the day off right” type of song. There’s not a lot going on in that song, which is probably why it’s my favorite.

Difficult to top ACWW's soundtrack IMO. It's definitely my least favorite soundtrack from any of the main AC games.

still better than new leaf's, but not topping the absolute peak era that was doubutusu no mori to city folk (or I guess more technically wild world, since city folk songs are mostly just better quality wild world ones)

i have always loved the music for acnh. it's probably one of my favorite aspects of the game. i've always been drawn to how accurately the music seems to reflect the hour that it plays during. for example, i used to get up at 5:00 am every morning (when i really didn't need to be up until 8:00) just so i could experience that melancholic 5am tune. also like, the 3am tune is so silly and weird and it does a great job of encapsulating those vibes that come from 3am. the 7am tune sounds so bustling and productive and time-for-work type of vibe, whereas the 10pm sounds sleepy and slow. idk, maybe i'm putting way too much thought into this, but i just love the music and i think it adds a great touch to the game.

we aren't gonna talk about how i've always been an avid hater of the 4pm tune though. i hate that with my entire heart.

I generally always thought it was alright. Something that helped was I usually happened to play at the times of day with the best music tbh. While not the most impressive regardless, a couple hours had some genuinely moody music.

It’s definitely the weakest in the series but it’s like a 6/10 soundtrack to me so it’s got more good than bad.

Honestly though I feel like Nintendo music has just taken a huge hit this gen and sounds flatter than ever, I don’t know what the heck is happening with their musicians. It‘d be getting a bit off-topic, I just find post-3D World all their attempts at big band jazz are pretty flat, across all genres the mixing is weak, the instruments are safer, and you get this culmination in NH with a lot of those problems plus the same melody being reused so obviously. The games with banger soundtracks feel like more of an exception now.

as for AC music I would rank them NL > GC > WW/CF > NH.

I liked it when I first got the game, I still like it now. tbh, aside from the original AC's soundtrack (which was more original and definitely stands out from the rest of the series in a good way), the soundtracks from WW onward have generally felt the same way to me, so I don't necessarily place one over the other.

I've been listening to the NH soundtrack, and it's really starting to grow on me lately. That isn't to say that I disliked it earlier, but...

Its not really the best. New Leaf had better soundtracks. In ACNH the only ones I like are the 12 PM Music and 6 PM Music.

I don’t hate all of the tracks but my opinion on each usually goes from Can’t stand to Don’t care for it. I usually put on either the wild world or New leaf sound tracks whilst I’m playing.

I’ve always liked Animal Crossing music. I think it’s soothing most of the time. My favorite music is the one from the original US release, Population Growing. My favorite in this game is 2pm. I think it’s catchy.

I initially liked the music as soon as it came out, but as soon as I started racking up hours, I got very annoyed by the music. I still feel like New Leaf and the city in City Folk had the best soundtracks 😘👌

Back